BB Global (English) > Trades??

Trades??

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
71367.25 in reply to 71367.19
Date: 2/5/2009 12:59:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I mean trades that concern just 2 teams and noone can not interfere. In this case they were open biddings dunno were they max bids in their sell range but they were still within limits. It's ok to basically trade this way atm but it gives still unfair advantage to both teams. So I and my friend start to train different positions both let's say 5 players. In a season we will trade those positions the same way just waiting for one big trade at the same positions to get the range up a bit. After that we trade 4 players I get 2 good ones for my untrained positions and he get's to his untrained positions. Now atm this is considered legal and there is actually no way of to counter it unless someone messes the deal up. It's risky but it's doable.

This Post:
71367.26 in reply to 71367.25
Date: 2/5/2009 4:24:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This thread is great. What a good read.

I can only make an observation concerning human nature in general.

Since our inception, we have found ways to "take advantage" of our environment. America only became the "super power" it is today due to near perfect timing (occupying land rich in resources) and the unfortunate "abuse" of other humans (Arawaks, Africans, Chinese, Irish, etc.) Just as England did so many years prior. Just as Rome did years before that. This list goes on (not trying to single out a country)...

Undoubtedly, we will take advantage of whatever is given to us. Behold, our destroyed environment as exhibit A.

This site is a microcosm of us. No matter what the managers of this game do, "we the people" will always find a way to "take advantage".

My stance is there are loose definitions of what the "right way" is to play BB. It will forever be open to interpretation.

So I play just like most of you. I try new strategies, watch the transfer market, buy a player I think is good, sell a player when I feel it's time, and keep my long term goals in place. I do this and have waaay too much fun on here. (at work right now, gulp {looks around for boss})

Therefore, I could care less if there are "transfer trades" because this is and will always be just a game.

This Post:
71367.27 in reply to 71367.26
Date: 2/5/2009 5:46:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I understand atm the game is not designed to involve trading. Team1 trades with Team2 nomatter how many players get switched. For example I have a 4,7k salary SF on my roster. I could sell him for 800k on TL without any penaltys. Would anyone pay that amount not likely. But I could trade with someone for any other position using the same mechanism. I would have a player I need on another position with no money spent. Atleast this way the trades are somewhat controlled. Giving teams just trade options without TL-ing would be catastrophic.

Yes I know there are players who do whatever to get the edge. Look for any loopholes or ways to cheat the system. Daytrading is one of them but with daytrading atleast there is the timeloss and sometimes moneyloss, even sometimes penaltys. Yes I have reported a lot of fishy transfers and few users have confessed that they got some amount of money taken away for that. I like to play games fair and I help the managers of this game to catch the offenders but I don't live in utopia land there will always be guys who will cross some lines for quick fame. When I started this game it seemed that it was full of multiheaded monsters. Crappy players bought for huge fees from teams with similar names <- these are the easy to spot cheats. What about the guys using different country login servers etc. One such huge transfer fee opens up a window for similar transfers for the cheater on other teams.

Ok getting too long, as a person who has worked on the field of catching these persons (ofcourse not in games) I know for a fact that you can catch 5-10% of those who actually know what they are doing and they will always be amongst us:) Good night...

This Post:
71367.28 in reply to 71367.27
Date: 2/5/2009 6:20:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perhaps we should all start looking for 'training partners'. Cant beat em join em right?

This Post:
71367.29 in reply to 71367.28
Date: 2/5/2009 9:57:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
al i can say is,

even as we are discussing this here in this forum, i believe as rules are implied that right now at this moment there are some who are able to work within those parameter rules and get great advantage.

all i can say is, if trading players among 2 teams at a price that is already at the peak of its merits then i would say no problem even with a + 20% added to it, but going for a player just for the sake of making sure and pricing it at a very shocking price then i say something is wrong but its just me

This Post:
71367.30 in reply to 71367.29
Date: 2/6/2009 11:08:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but going for a player just for the sake of making sure and pricing it at a very shocking price then i say something is wrong but its just me

And we've said that is the case, repeatedly.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live