Help - English > completely baffled

completely baffled

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
97461.25 in reply to 97461.24
Date: 6/17/2009 7:06:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Test it if you can afford (losing skills on other positions then). Also, don't lose any passing skills.

!zazhigai!
This Post:
97461.26 in reply to 97461.23
Date: 6/17/2009 7:07:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
like i said before. if this is the case, than i will stop playing and play the lottery. i want to win games because i am the better trainer, the better manager and have the better team, not because i am more lucky.

This Post:
97461.27 in reply to 97461.26
Date: 6/17/2009 7:09:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you have a team good enough, much better than your opponent, like you possibly now had, and home advantage, then you win although you don't succeed with the tactics, so there you have what you want... For example, if you'd pick the worst possible tactics against us, you'd still win, you are so much before us in training etc..:)

!zazhigai!
This Post:
97461.28 in reply to 97461.17
Date: 6/17/2009 7:09:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes, single sided players do have highsalaries compared to all-around players

thats depend on the skills, i could show you OD 10 player with less then 5k salary, and 5-7 skill in the other guard ares - could you do that with Jumpshot?

Driving training is also very cheap for the salary etc.

This Post:
97461.29 in reply to 97461.22
Date: 6/17/2009 7:13:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks alot wally.

an answer i really can work with.

I expected the game to be close indeed. However, i have never trained stamina, how can he score .6% in the first half and that fade away so badly, when I have (most likely) better shooters all round and come back so big time. just not realistic in my opinion... Or is this home advantage kicking in?

Why is the difference at PF not so big, could you try and explain to me? I have a PF with 3 times tremendous skill. Looking at transfer fees other teams spend, salaries these players have etc not many guards in my league have tripple trem skill let alone the PF he played. so how could it be closer than it looked?

What is your opinion on what influences offensive flow? mine was quite poor and is always quite poor and my passing/handling skills are really not that bad. I have trained it quite a few times.

I wont upgrade my PG, he is just a surplus trainee. I always thought a SG is more important to a team because he is the guy that scores alot. DO you reckon that the PG is more important simply because he regulates offensive flow? (something other people mention in this post)...

With regards to the 3 rating for my PF, you right my mess up, had a trainee injured and put him there. thanks for clearing that up :)

This Post:
97461.30 in reply to 97461.19
Date: 6/17/2009 7:13:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
have a look at english div II leagues. a strong team rating skill is very high...

especially looking at the kind of wages he has. again i have to keep repeating myself, wages doesn say everything but it says alot.

with this salary i manage strong IS too in past days, even without using a big guy as SF ;)

The different in your centers look huge salary wise, both the skills aren't much different exspecially when they use relativ differences like they do today.

This Post:
97461.31 in reply to 97461.29
Date: 6/17/2009 10:30:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
how can he score .6% in the first half and that fade away so badly, when I have (most likely) better shooters all round and come back so big time. just not realistic in my opinion...

It's difficult to say what happens without watching the game. My boys definitely play very uneven quarters. Sometimes you see a problem in the individual matchups, sometimes there is no apparent reason. It does average out pretty nicely over longer time (like the whole game).

Why is the difference at PF not so big, could you try and explain to me?

I mean that the salary jump from 6.5k to 23.5k (PG's) has a bigger effect than from 29.5k to 57.5k (PF's).

This Post:
97461.32 in reply to 97461.29
Date: 6/17/2009 12:46:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I always thought a SG is more important to a team because he is the guy that scores alot. DO you reckon that the PG is more important simply because he regulates offensive flow?

I think they are as important as each other, albeit in different ways. I agree with you, a SG in my opinion is vital to a team's offensive power, but a PG can provide a boost to the team in a more subtle way - a good PG will increase offensive flow, reduce turnovers and create more promising shots, thus not providing as clear a benefit as a SG (looking at their numbers, at least), but boosting the team overall. So, if you have a good SG and a mediocre PG then you will have a big contribution at the SG position, but on the other hand if you have a good PG and a mediocre SG then the whole team's abilities will be accentuated and the team will perform better overall, not just in 1 single position.

This is saying nothing about defensive capabilities, since a PG with good OD is vital for top-level success in this game.

This is just my opinion but having monitored the forums pretty much since I began playing I can confidently state that this is as near to the truth as I think anyone is going to get without knowing the full extent of the game engine. Plus, if this isn't the case, I will find out in the next few seasons if my PG trainees don't start performing the way I want them to...

This Post:
97461.33 in reply to 97461.32
Date: 6/17/2009 4:05:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well looking at you're opponent. He has high enthusiasm. You need to scout you're opponents a little more. Look at his previous games. Look which guys he is using in which games (tactics). He has high inside ratings with pushing the ball etc. That makes you wonder. Perhaps he has high inside skill guards? Perhaps he has good all around players?
Salary does show something but not everything. I have pretty good all around players, have risen in leagues 2 years in a row and leading my conference with and last game with opponent CT-ing against me at his home. I think it's really important to have an all around team (with no obvious weak spots). You're pg spot can be exploited. I also think you should have lost this one, with his good tactics and some of you're players going for 48 mins etc. I think you're home court saved you in this game.

This Post:
97461.35 in reply to 97461.22
Date: 6/17/2009 9:57:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. Salaries -- have you taken a look at Josef Ka's salary calculator? If you download it and play around with it a bit you get a decent idea of how increases are likely to happen. I agree with Wally that the difference at PF is probably not that much. Once a player gets the higher skill levels, even a one-level increase in a couple of core skills sends his salary up exponentially.

2. Strong inside ratings -- a combination of solid SF and C play, along with his superior PG, probably accounts for this. I notice when I play my better PG, especially with PTB, I get a lot of good shots inside and my opponents' ratings dip. But my good PG is also my best SG so I don't do that much.

3. Best player with a 3.0 rating -- sure, you played him at SG and their SGs went to town on him. If he did a lousy job defensively that would be reflected in his rating too.

Plus in the June 16th game, you held out a couple of your better players, didn't up your effort, and hardly had any contribution off the bench. The fact that you won is a tribute to the balance of your team. Although I am a little surprised that you're struggling if the situation in your league is as you describe, since your team looks pretty good.

Advertisement