Date: 8/14/2012 8:48:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
nah.. my bench PG injure i can't win it

This Post:
216896.260 in reply to 216896.257
Date: 8/14/2012 8:52:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
in the end lose my 1st match... :( good job SHP

Pity.. Hope you can win next game to force a 3rd game, good luck!

This Post:
216896.261 in reply to 216896.259
Date: 8/14/2012 8:57:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah. Lucky for me.

This Post:
216896.262 in reply to 216896.261
Date: 8/14/2012 10:35:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
SaungHninPwint vs. Flyer sonic 96 - 91

More luck is needed to win this game, a warm evening 19k fans wearing green and blue(team colour) attend this important games, where is the 1st time Sonic able to reach the final of Div 2.1. As the player ready to step out the court, left with Władysław Smaruj wearing his suit sitting on the bench cheering. The whole match was as close as 5 pt different towards the end. Protol miss the important 3s to close up the game, which lead to foul to keep the match going. In the end, SHP take home with 96-91.

The facts: Racimir Opoka has a monster defensive effort of 3 blks 10 rebound and 6 pts. ma xiaochong the high flyer scorer never fail SHP with 32pts, 12-14 in free throw. total team making 42 attempt in free throw. PJL and Law twin tower left with a disappointed face with 33pts and 36 rebound, one of the lowest combine score in the season. SHP make a correct effort in double team them, making it harder to shoot in the paint area, result sonic PG have to drive in to make the score.

QUOTABLE: "It was a lucky win, as one of their PG got injure during the previous game." state SHP's GM. "Sorry fans that we unable to take home the 1st game. We try our best." said captain PJL who was 19pts 12 rebound.

THE STAT: sonic inside defense has force SHP to get below 35%, However SHP able to make the game by fouling the sonic player. SHP has 42 attempt in the free throw.

TURNING POINT: both team will very close to each other till the last quarter last few minutes where sonic player lack the stamina to continue run with SHP. on the last 2 min it will the 5 pts that sonic unable to catch up till the end.

QUOTABLE II: "It really hurt my day, where i have to see my idol PJL cry :((" by a women whom claim to be Peh jian long number 1 fans. "We really need Smaruj to be back to the game if there a chance. Now we have to go SHP court to play which every team know is a very very very plainful ground to play as a guest. We have to make every shot worth." state sonic GM.

HOT: hottest player, ma xiaochong who know how to score making a season high of 32pts in playoff run.

NOT: Peh Jian long went a quiet night with 8-15 attempt and zero blk in the game. Normally when the team is down, he will take over the game. However it seem the shooting slump come back to hunt him again.

GOOD MOVE: At the end of the season before the playoff run, SHP make a steal of buying a monster center to cover the weakness of his inside defense, now that the roster is complete, SHP team are more of the championship caliber team.

BAD MOVE: Sonic decide to get a young point guard as to replace the ageing back court, it turn to be injury prone as he has already injure 2 times just 3 game play for the sonic. Now the front office having a serious meeting if the PG is the really future for the sonic.

NOTABLE: Saglovic and barro both get 22pts and saglovic and xiao chong both player get 14 free throw attempt in the game. It seem that sonic has some problem stopping the duo attacking the lane. Sola got injure during the game, however he is clear to be able to play for the next game.(dam it XD) Opoka the monster done a great job protecting rim making sonic player to think twice before attacking it. Next game will be at SaungHninPwint home ground where Sonic true test will be held and decide if they have the standard to go to SBBL.

This Post:
216896.263 in reply to 216896.262
Date: 8/14/2012 12:35:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really understand your feeling bro. But don't be give-up. Anything can happen in next week. We cannot see the luck. And one more thing is game shape, sometime both teams are same level game shape, stamina and free-throw also important. I think tonight game you lead SHP, but SHP got a lot of free-throw. I think next game you can find better ways. Wishing you all the best...
Regards

Ko Phyo
This Post:
216896.264 in reply to 216896.263
Date: 8/14/2012 12:46:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also got this feeling last Monday. SG U21 gameover from season 20 tournament. The last 2 seasons STN quit from tournament game also feeling like this. I played in League II.1 season 13 & 14, I lost 2 times in final also I felt like this. So I understand your feeling bro. But what I want to say is still you have a chance. Find the way and try the best bro. Bcuz you played well the whole season, you have still chance. Good luck bro.
Regards.

Ko Phyo
This Post:
216896.265 in reply to 216896.262
Date: 8/14/2012 12:53:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
wa man such a close game! jiayou all for the next game! hope everyone's full roster is back

This Post:
216896.266 in reply to 216896.265
Date: 8/15/2012 5:51:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Game 2 is coming up and SaungHninPwint (SHP) is just 1 game away from his SBBL dream. Flyer Sonic has his back against the wall playing game 2 in his opponent's arena but you can be sure that the twin towers and the Sonic squad will fight and try to force a game 3. This will be a true test for both teams

What Flyer Sonic need to change/do
1. Commit less shooting fouls
The most glaring stat difference is the finals game 1 is the free throws made/attempted. SHP attempted 42 FT compared to Sonic's 26 even though Sonic only had 5 more fouls than SHP. If Flyer Sonic prevents half of the ft attempts of SHP they would be the one celebrating at the end of game 1 instead. Sonic's coach should tell their players not to be overly aggressive on defense and just raise their hands up instead of going for a block. Keeping the ft for the opponent to a minimum will help especially to prevent players in a shooting slump from scoring too much (see: Saglovic, Liad)

2. Feed the ball more to Li An Wen (LAW)
LAW is having a good night with 14pts, on 7-9 shooting and a monstrous 24reb. And you have to wonder why isn't the ball passed to LAW more since he's chewing up the monster C Racimir Opoka inside. Instead a cold shooting Marcell Dobrovits (7-22), Ricaredo Potol (3-12) and Jan Ulvestad (4-12) are attempting more shots than a hot LAW. The ball handler should know/realize his teammate is having the hot hand and pass him the ball more. If LAW is defended well then find a play to free him up or get him to his sweet spot where he can fire accurately even in traffic. 

3. Shoot less 3s
Flyer Sonic shot just 2-16 from 3pt land with Jan Ulvestad leading the way attempting 4 but hitting none. There seem to be more  success in going inside. For now while Opoka isn't his usual dominating self getting thoroughly outplayed by LAW and PJL shooting more than 50% (53%). Flyer Sonic should just forget about the 3 and push the ball in until they get their 3ball shooting stroke back or when SHP figures out a defense capable of shutting down Sonic inside scoring. Even during close games unless it is necessary or the closest defender to the guy behind the arc is a good 10m away, Flyer Sonic should attempt to go in.

Last edited by big_boss_will at 8/15/2012 6:12:01 AM

This Post:
216896.267 in reply to 216896.266
Date: 8/15/2012 5:53:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What SaungHninPwint needs to change/do
1. Rebound better
SHP won the game with a rebound deflict of 13 and giving up 17 offensive boards to Flyer Sonic. If SHP continues this and Sonic gives SHP less free throws then SHP will find themselves in trouble. Controlling the boards is key to prevent easy baskets or another chance for Flyer Sonic to catch up or extend the lead. Racimir Opoka needs to stop getting pushed around by LAW and start being more physical in boxing out and fighting for his rebound. Giving up 24rebs, 9 of them offensive is unacceptable for someone of Opoka's calibre. In fact rebounding should also be a team effort. Everyone from G to C should make sure they box out their man sufficiently and rebound the ball.

2. Move the ball around.
SHP only tallied 10 assists in game 1. Though Flyer Sonic has 3 more it's obvious that not moving the ball around doesn't seem to work that well for SHP (team 35% FG). Xosé Barro leads the team with only 4 assists. Moving the ball will help the team find the open man instead of shooting a contested shot. Flyer Sonic plays pretty good defense and with superior rebounding SHP will have much less shot attempts which will hurt the team. Barro and Saglovic should stop their spot up jumpshot and look out for open teammates when driving into the lane and forcing Sonic's defense to collapse. Xiaochong, who is likely to be doubled, can pass to the guy who's left open.

3. Give Joe-Max Phillips more playtime
Liad Saglovic's shooting slump hasn't gone away (cheer if you're a Sonic fan, give a horror face if you're a SHP fan) yet. Right now he's shooting 28% (17-63) from the field. Of cause even when shooting poorly Flyer Sonic will not dare leave him open but with weaker rebounding, Saglovic's poor shooting means giving up possessions to Flyer Sonic. And such high minutes per game will wear off Saglovic giving him less chances to step out of the slump. Joe-Max Philips only played 5mins shooting 1-3 last game. SHP can play Philips more giving Saglovic more time to rest up if facing another cold shooting night then when well rested maybe Saglovic will start hitting shots. Philips can be played especially if Ricaredo Potol is in foul trouble once again and Sonic reserve G Higinio Villalva steps on court. Even if Potol is on the court, he still passes up shots/can't shoot well, Philips should be more than well enough to handle Potol giving Saglovic a much needed in game rest.

Last edited by big_boss_will at 8/15/2012 11:28:39 AM

This Post:
216896.268 in reply to 216896.267
Date: 8/15/2012 6:02:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
sorry the analysis abit brief. typed all these while at work.. multitasking at its best. lol!

Advertisement