BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Game Shape ==> New change in season 12?

Game Shape ==> New change in season 12?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
138857.26 in reply to 138857.23
Date: 4/4/2010 11:38:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you sure about that? First training update after GS reset the GS calculation does not consider minutes from week before current although it's said in the manual:
changes are gradual, and will build up over a few weeks' time
. I have asked this several times and haven't received any answer but for me it's pretty important- do I need to play my stars last week of ending season for better GS at the start of next season or not?

It would be nice to receive some official clarification, definitely, and I think this is something that the highers-up should be able to tell us since it doesn't give any insight into the game engine itself.

However, I'm fairly certain that the last week before the reset doesn't factor into training minutes. It wouldn't be fair to call it a reset if everything wasn't reset, and with some teams having two games and others three in the week before the reset.

I had three games in that last week (finals 2 and 3, and a scrimmage), and I played one of my players 135 minutes in those three games. He played 57 minutes this past week and popped to strong.

Message deleted
This Post:
138857.28 in reply to 138857.26
Date: 4/4/2010 6:57:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As BBs yet explained in the past posts,there are no difference between a training in the first and in the other weeks of the season;I could say you that's true,because we see randomic movements of the game shape also in the other weeks ;D

But what needs some kind of explanation is an other fact.After the first week,we see the shape that continue to be heavily affected from what could be the randomic movement of the start of the season,while towards the middle and the end of the season the randomic movements of the shape,linked to the minutes played in a week,offset themselves during all the season.At this point,what I would know,and I asked in a previous post,is if in the first week(s) the movement of the shape is purely randomic,or if in the season there are periodic trends of the shape,and the increased numbers of the strange things we see could be explained as a moment of "downward" or "upward" shape that happens for a certain player in that period(all of this surely together with the range of minutes played in a week,that will amplify or diminuish the "upward-downward shape trend")

To: -CS
This Post:
138857.29 in reply to 138857.1
Date: 4/5/2010 2:36:58 AM
GinaKia
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
anyone can give better answeR?

This Post:
138857.30 in reply to 138857.29
Date: 4/5/2010 2:44:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think BB-Patrick gave you the answer. and it was an accurate and best answer.

This Post:
138857.31 in reply to 138857.30
Date: 4/5/2010 5:13:39 AM
GinaKia
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
his replied was no any changed for game shape this season,
however, i have play BB since few years ago, never face this problem.
so his answer may not the accurate and not the best answer i think

This Post:
138857.32 in reply to 138857.31
Date: 4/5/2010 6:58:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My observations were similar to yours last season - I had what I considered to be a very poor opening week of GS movements after what I thought was a decent week of minutes... this season I have to say I was more than surprised in a pleasant way.. I managed my minutes as per ususal and others mustve been met by the GS Gremlins whilst I was avoided.

This Post:
138857.33 in reply to 138857.31
Date: 4/5/2010 2:43:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Or, alternatively, you might be wrong.

BuzzerBeater is a game which includes various randomized processes, so the fact that something didn't happen for four seasons doesn't mean it's not going to happen in the fifth.

Anyway, game shape has been studied pretty extensively by our users, and there is a fairly good understanding of what's a good range of minutes for your players (there's even a nice chart floating around). The upper border of that range is definitely lower than 96 minutes.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

This Post:
138857.34 in reply to 138857.31
Date: 4/5/2010 3:19:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Gameshape is being reset to the lowest possible value of respectable in offseason. This means that even the smallest drop will lead to a visual change from respectable to average, while the actual difference may be very small. This also means you'll need a full level increase before your players are shown as 'strong' gameshape, and two full levels before you reach proficient.

This leads to people think the 'randomness' is bad for them, since they see more averages/mediocres than they expect.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 4/5/2010 3:20:07 PM

Advertisement