BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Nbrs are falling - Buzzerbeater whats wrong & how can it be fixed?

Nbrs are falling - Buzzerbeater whats wrong & how can it be fixed?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
251069.26 in reply to 251069.8
Date: 11/27/2013 6:17:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree 100%, also give them 1-2 season in draft money manidtory( meaning already there not out of the pocket) and the system pays for that. Also the draft needs to better laid out in a readable simple to understand way. its nothing more than a guessing games. A lot people over read and reach when you read about the BB draft. also player selection.

Money is critical in the 1-3 season also good young players., I think it would be great thing to reserve 1 season worth of draft money already paid to new member( not out his/her pocket) and better tutorial of how BB draft works.. Also I don't do Bb draft, but know it can be a very powerful and great thing is done correctly to start for new club.

I think it can be more in depth. What kind of player you should go after , what position is very needed. What are your team weakness that this player your getting is improving. This info is very needed. I don't think that is hard to do.

I think the start of the game need to soothe fear of the new user. Some might play for awhile but they don't see any hope or help to get better. Look at the draft, look at the market prices, no money, so they have to lose for a very long time. That's a huge confidence killer for a new player.

I feel if they can get a good player in draft or already on the team this helps, also with getting decent wins and some money in the bank, it build confidence or staying power. I agree with what you say more than my own points.

This Post:
251069.27 in reply to 251069.25
Date: 11/27/2013 6:47:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
To Villagkouras:
Exactly, everyone can't be satisfied, that is why changing things isn't easy. The last big thing is big proof of that, the "GDP". Poll on the Global forum show a 60% approval, so people are relatively in his favour, but what you can read seem to be relatively against. Changing things is like walking on eggs. And you have people asking for more strategy available, more in-depth activity, the opposite of an easy game/easy win.

Ι belong in the 40% of the negative votes for GDP, but that won't lead me to abandon the game, or moan, I will just adopt. The majority of users does the same thing, not only in BB. As long as the core of the game doesn't change, a few will complain, but everyone will get used to it. I just think the devs should be more daring in terms of marketing. Their material is great, they have to believe in it, expand it and support it to capitalize.

This Post:
251069.29 in reply to 251069.25
Date: 11/27/2013 7:43:22 PM
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
And I agree with m0nkey. I know the GM's dont think the same, but this game needs a good mobile app.
Could not have said it better xD

Find somewhere where the GM don't think an app would be a bad idea.

We are all for it. Doesn't mean it can be created from thin air. BBs are highly protective (too much possibly) of their code and they also can't easily pay people to do a nice app If an easy solution to have an app could be reached, it would exist. Offering total access to the code to a student has implications people seem to overlook, albeit the possible advantages of free work.

To Villagkouras:
Exactly, everyone can't be satisfied, that is why changing things isn't easy. The last big thing is big proof of that, the "GDP". Poll on the Global forum show a 60% approval, so people are relatively in his favour, but what you can read seem to be relatively against. Changing things is like walking on eggs. And you have people asking for more strategy available, more in-depth activity, the opposite of an easy game/easy win.

1- I read a GM (actually, it was one BB) saying that a mobile app wasnt a need for this game. Not for me because I have the PC on my couch, but I think a lot of the gaming time, specially for the younger people, is done in a smartphone. Obviously, making the changes cost money and maybe, it is not wroth it.

2- People leave this game for the same reason they stop going to the gym. You need long term comitment and patience. And its not that easy to achieve good results in a small amount of time. I like it, but other bunch of people may feel frustrated. By the way, I already dropped the gym xD
Also, the user interface is not that easy to understand for new players. My dad created an account and its taking him ages to know what to do, even when I gave him some tips.

Just trying to be constructive...

This Post:
251069.30 in reply to 251069.29
Date: 11/27/2013 9:35:56 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I agree as well. If new teams are given great players to start off with (18 or 19 yr old guy with decent skills and Perrenial Allstar+ Potential) And then who understand training will get a hang of the game and will stay. When I first started out, I had no PAS under 19 except one guy by the name of James Coleman. When I read the guide and everything I was like "I actually got a decent player, I may stay." Then the fuel that gave me to stay was when I started winning. I probably wouldn't be around today if I was put in a higher league. (like for example some guys get placed in D4, which is a whole other level then D5)

Manages should be placed with new managers. That way its a more level playing field. Agree with Glass, maybe give them more scouting money so they can get the KD or Lebron. Just my op.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
251069.32 in reply to 251069.30
Date: 11/27/2013 10:14:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
For those wanting to play on tablets or phone use Puffin Browser. Works fine.

I think a new team could be given some draft points so they can even if they start just before the draft can have a look of it with me?

This Post:
251069.33 in reply to 251069.31
Date: 11/27/2013 11:50:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem is the draft usually only has one or two quality guys at most...the rest are back-ups at best. -steve teriyaki

I agree 100%, This gets worse as team go up. People need players that can start off the bat from the draft with older players exiting the game or being sold to hold the team legacy afloat. In the higher league.

I think a lot are saying it unbalance the game, but I think it stop the tanking. It depend on how the BB guy's do this. I don't see any top league team playing a 3-5K rookie.

This Post:
251069.34 in reply to 251069.33
Date: 11/28/2013 2:29:33 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't see any top league team playing a 3-5K rookie.

Yeah you will!! IT IS CALLED SCRIMMAGES!!!

This Post:
251069.36 in reply to 251069.35
Date: 11/28/2013 4:12:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You know what time it is! It's knecht time!

I have said this for a long time and we finally have to accept the fact that the game is too much for Marin as a lone person.

BB has HUGE deficits when it comes to marketing and PR, has absolutely no clue about necessary development (app) and fails when it comes to understanding problems and finding (easy) solutions.

I think the recent changes have been more or less clumsy attempts to fix a complex issue and from my point of view those fixes have made things even worse. There is a german word "verschlimmbessern" - it means to disimprove sthg. or to worsen a situation by a failed attempt to improve it. GDP is such a "Verschlimmbesserung" - it makes a complex game even more complicated and raises the bar for new users, who already have troubles to survive in an environment where established teams kill them game after game (this is reality for all countries - except the big ones).

Marketing is the next big problem. There are many ways to attract users, but if the realize that the product is bad - they will quit pretty soon. So here we have a vicious circle of problems - bad game design kills user retention, which is killed by no/low marketing budget.

So where should BB start?

I think we have to create a situation for new users that allows them to make (huge) mistakes and still be successful - i.e. put them in leagues they will dominate, no matter how bad they are playing. There are many options how to do this - raise the budget, give them better players, bigger stadium OR my long time favourite: put them in the lowest possible league! It will take them one or two seasons to get out there, they can learn the game under no pressure and have fun seeing their scrub players put up solid numbers game after game.

A situation where newbies have to sit around getting abused every game, for more than a year is not acceptable! I think by now this should be common sense, but apparantly its not...

The opportunity to get a second team would put many countries from zero to he..., um, well maybe "okay" - I would join a micronation if it was possible and I would be very happy if we had more teams in Austria. I love all my fellow countrymen (no homo), but a fresh breeze would be very welcome. If we could get like 10% of the current userbase join a second nation that would be uber-awesome.

There are DOZENS of other great suggestions out there, and it puzzles me why we see "random" features being introduced to the game season after season, especially considering the circumstances of a shrinking userbase.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Advertisement