BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
269250.26 in reply to 269250.8
Date: 4/29/2015 11:56:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With magiker (arguably the best coach USA ever had) gone, what will you do in order to maintain USA's high level of play, and perhaps another gold trophy?

USA will be at a high level of talent for the next two seasons and even the next two seasons after that. Its not like the players we have right know will just disappear all of a sudden. The talent will go down over time if scouting is not done properly, which wont happen on my watch.

The high level of play, however, certainly can go down depending on decisions made. Saying that magiker had things easy is far from the truth. Qualifying for Worlds is a feat in its own, and he had the tactical awareness to set us up for that both seasons. He had the ability to look beyond the upcoming match to the match after that, setting us up for victory. That is something that needs to continue. This season we need to set ourselves up in good position so that we will not play Canada in the Semifinals. Why? Because of how far Canada got in the consolation tournament, they now have HCA for the Americas Tournament this season, and HCA is a very tough thing to go up against at the national level.

Last edited by RamQ at 4/29/2015 11:58:59 PM

This Post:
269250.27 in reply to 269250.16
Date: 4/30/2015 12:39:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
For all candidates
What makes you fit to run this the national team?
I think I am fit to run the NT because I view magiker and myself as similar personas. We are both tactical, decisive, and want to have everyone's opinions out on the table before making a final decision.

Are you a good communicator?
Yes. I am also concise

Have you been part of the set up or helped in past seasons?
I have been involved as a scout in the past, but the past four seasons I have been involved in the game-planning threads on the offsite. I bought Shawn Bowens and trained him out-of-position so that he could get as many pops as possible. I lost NBBA games so that he could get his full training. I also bought T-Mac, a $250k NT guard, during season 28 Worlds season in order to maintain his GS for the NT.

Last edited by RamQ at 4/30/2015 12:41:46 AM

This Post:
269250.28 in reply to 269250.27
Date: 4/30/2015 12:33:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I want to see success in the US National Team. My vote goes to the most dedicated and and most adept when it comes to research/setting lineups/etc. (Disclaimer: I do not post on the BB offsite; I lurk but am mostly aware about the basics of how a typical game game week goes on a national level. I am in no way, shape, or form posting from viewpoint as though I am experienced at this position)

Answer the ones that apply to you.

1. Why should I vote for you if you have less than 4, maybe even 6 seasons under your belt?
2. Why should I vote for you if you have never been in the upper and tougher leagues (Div 2 or higher), where tactics play bigger roles than just individual player salaries (as seems to be the case in IV/III)? Don't give me tanking as an answer; that shows you are an incompetent manager.
3. Why should I vote for you if you rarely post on the offsite and don't know how all things national team work?

As a pure spectator and supporter, the only thing that will budge me is knowing that that person has was it takes, not through words or speeches, but more through the things they've done before this thread came to be- aka, a track record. It is a shame how some people waste their time writing silly speeches about how they managed some team on 2k or at their local rec center. That has nothing to do with Buzzerbeater. So my words of wisdom (and I'm not mentioning any names) would be that there are people who have already dedicated 150 times as much time as you on this game and actually know what they are doing, so don't bother signing up for the election against those people. Please, it is for the sake of the country. Get experience and knowledge under your belt. And ain't nobody gonna vote for someone with bad English either.

This Post:
269250.29 in reply to 269250.28
Date: 4/30/2015 2:23:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And ain't nobody gonna vote for someone with bad English either.

I can't tell if this is out of sarcasm, or if it's ironic.

This Post:
269250.30 in reply to 269250.29
Date: 4/30/2015 2:49:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Neway has an eccentric personality, it's hard to explain. He's a good guy though.

personally I'm drawn towards 1 guy atm, but I could still vote for the other 2. I've already voted for the 3 main contenders and changed my votes multiple times haha.

I don't have another question yet, I'll think about it. Then make a final decision.

Good luck to all the candidates.

This Post:
269250.31 in reply to 269250.28
Date: 4/30/2015 4:07:56 PM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
hmmm....i guess RamQ and I are exempt from this post Haha.

This Post:
269250.32 in reply to 269250.31
Date: 4/30/2015 7:01:12 PM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
Since there is very little discussion going on I'm going to ask my own question to everyone, those running and those not.

If you had a player with 130 skill points what would your player look like? What would your training look like each season?

Last edited by Isaiah at 4/30/2015 7:02:07 PM

This Post:
269250.33 in reply to 269250.32
Date: 4/30/2015 7:16:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A superstar like that would look like me, blue eyes and everything. Duh.

This Post:
269250.34 in reply to 269250.6
Date: 4/30/2015 7:23:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Two questions.

1. What makes you a better candidate than the rest of the competition?

2. We've clearly had a great run under magiker, but I would say there's always room for improvement or at least evaluation. Do you have any ideas of how you could improve the NT or areas that should be evaluated/re-evaluated? This includes tactics, gameplanning, scouting, developing players, etc.

Message deleted
This Post:
269250.36 in reply to 269250.34
Date: 4/30/2015 8:01:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think there is a best fit. I think everyone brings more of the same i.e experience, understanding of BB, open to discussion

2. I've said it already but it bears repetition. Community-involvement. Scouting(sort of can be considered developing players). Actually community-involvement can even be classified as all that. The past 2 seasons scouting didn't see a considerable amount of attention and while the effects were minimal, if you got a chance to improve something that is incredibly helpful, why not?

Tactics/Gameplanning didn't receive as much attention as I had previously seen lately, I'd like to see more of it. The community is just as vital to success as the manager. He/she makes the call but they provide the valuable insight needed to make the right call. Really adds to magiker's legacy as only a few were helping him during his tenure.

Advertisement