BB Global (English) > The change a training change would make

The change a training change would make

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
271205.26 in reply to 271205.24
Date: 7/8/2015 8:28:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What's the secret? It wasn't 'every now and then' for me, it was every week.

This Post:
271205.27 in reply to 271205.26
Date: 7/8/2015 8:44:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Decent stamina, low foul count and don't field much better players alongside them.

This Post:
271205.28 in reply to 271205.25
Date: 7/8/2015 8:46:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This kind of game simply needs some long-term challenges
Sounds to me that from your perspective if training was even more complicated and challenging, the appeal of the game would be even greater...

Ok other question is it better to have managers stay for 2 years and then leave when they have no more challenges left in the game or a manager stay for 2 weeks maybe a month? Again you're not looking at the bigger picture. A turnover in the userbase is to be expected, it happens to every community like this. To me the longer the average, the better.

And if I lose that 10% of the current userbase that think that the game is interesting only because it's difficult and you need to invest years in order to achieve something in order to bring in tens of thousand of new managers and have them stick around for a year, then so be it.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 7/8/2015 9:05:49 AM

This Post:
271205.31 in reply to 271205.30
Date: 7/8/2015 9:36:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As for training, I'd seriously suggest you guys who are worried about it to make an informal brainstorming group, if it's possible. I can honestly say I'm quite sure a good proposal would come from it.

There is and never was a lack of proposals, but there is a lack of "resources" (whatever that means in that context).

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
271205.33 in reply to 271205.32
Date: 7/8/2015 12:48:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
personally I'm tired of this near chaos in the forums
Then, as I said, let's remove the threads and let's see these manager numbers flourish again!

Btw groups like that would not be representative of the whole community and also it may be just a waste of time, since it is clear from Devs' attitude towards criticism and suggestions that they are not very tolerant or open to discussions. Hence there are 3 paths to this:
- keep going with the request that the Devs care for the game's growth (and I disagree with Trainerman and his praise of what's been done in the last few seasons as I think that's insufficient by any standard)
- quit, as tens of thousands did in the past, including Trainerman himself
- just stop caring, like a few (top level) managers whose name used to pop up a lot in the past and are completely absent today

The reason for this hard line stance is that I do enjoy BB for what it is - a game of dedicated long term planning. But if the game which I love will surely go to hell, yeah I'd like something close to it and with the name BB.
So where would you draw the line in order to be able to compromise?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 7/8/2015 1:15:11 PM

This Post:
271205.34 in reply to 271205.29
Date: 7/8/2015 1:06:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No. I think the training is fine as it is. More complicated training would create imbalance...
At the moment, I feel we are nearing a balanced relation between necessity of training and necessity of buying in order to be competitive.
I thought you wanted a challenge to keep the game interesting...was I mistaken? What does buying has to do with how challenging training is?

Even as a beginner, I had no problem with the way training is set. Au contraire, I felt it is to my advantage - it's really easy to train OOP in a half-bot league and still have good results, even with limited resources.
First of all new managers need to understand how it works. Maybe GM-Jason remembers, maybe not, but I did email him questions about how the training worked back in the day. After they understand they need to decide whether to put up with it or not. And if they decide to, they may still be unhappy about it.

Honestly speaking, I don't fancy this kool-aid that this system is the best of possible systems. If you like the challenge and you think challenge is what keeps 20k managers going, then let's increase the challenge. More difficult training = more profit to be made by training, in time.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 7/8/2015 1:06:46 PM

Advertisement