BB Global (English) > I'll never understand this logic

I'll never understand this logic

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
281052.27 in reply to 281052.26
Date: 2/5/2017 5:47:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then why do we need that fan survey at all? We can see how my fans likes my team by every played home game - how big is that attendance. Imo fan survey is useless.

To: aber
This Post:
281052.32 in reply to 281052.31
Date: 4/16/2017 4:46:49 AM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
I'm not sure whether you're asking a question and are looking for an answer.

But assuming you're wondering why you got more people watching your game against the Panda Lovers vs your #1 opponent, I think the reason could be that Pandas generally pulls in more fans than noanoa. This could have to do with that Pandas were just crowned champions and promoted and noanoa was a #5 last year.

The only other team that played Pandas at home before they were replaced was wildcats-kent (it looks like he had a full house but extended his arena since then) so unfortunately not that much data to check this hypothesis.

You are correct that current standings influence supporter numbers. But I think there are more factors.

p.s. It's not everyones problem. I play this game as well and can see how my own choices influence my results and my attendance. Different opponents will lead to different attendance variables in the algorithm but it's my job to optimize what I can do on my end.

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough

To: aber
This Post:
281052.34 in reply to 281052.33
Date: 4/16/2017 5:39:47 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
In some cases the game indeed chooses gameplay elements over reality. But in some other cases your knowledge of the simulation is lacking which lessens the strength of your argument.

In real life you sell all the tickets in a couple of hours since the new has come to the fans.
In BB you got some empty seats if you lose the first game away.

This indeed seems like a gameplay choice to me. Some teams might always sell out in real life but here it depends on how you perform, connecting a financial game element to performance.

You got a promotion/demotion:
In real life the attendance depends on what kind of results you're having in the current season.
In BB you got you're arena full/empty no matter what happens on the court till the ASG.

It's not as black/white as you say here but I get what you mean. There's a big boost for promotions and the opposite for direct demotions. I think this is partly to equalize the competition a bit more. You can indeed agree or disagree whether you like this part of the game or not.

You sell a just drafted guy that no one knows, no matter his potential:
In real life no one cares about that.
In BB your merchandise drops out.

Actually merchandise doesn't really drop that much when I sell draftpicks. Not even if they are high potential. It drops a lot if I sell my best NT players....but that makes sense.

The best incomes in BB are from the games against rival teams:
In real life a rival team is the one against who you got a challenge history.
In BB is a random one and can change every season, even if you both play the same tournament again.

Not sure if best income comes form games against rival teams. But rival is not decided randomly in BB. It's based on history. If you are in a new division where you pretty much have no history against your opponents this might feel close to random. But I'll never have a newly promoted team as a rival being in my division for many many seasons and have had some nice rivalries before with teams that indeed made a lot of sense.

You play a TV game:
In real life it's a good chance for people to stay at home and watch the game on television.
In BB you got the best income of the season.

Also not sure if TV games get an income or attendance boost. They do influence the attendance in following games a lot though.

But I'd say in real life it's not true that people stay home for TV games. TV games are generally more popular games

You want 5 balls in fans survey about the way you spend money for the team?
In BB you build just 1 seat per week in your arena and you got. Just 1 seat!

This could be an exploit that I don't know about. Or it could be you made this up.

etc.

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough
Advertisement