Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324229.26 in reply to 324229.25
Date: 8/31/2024 5:25:34 PM
Linndale
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Marshall Richards: Air, you seen the new kid?

Air Allnite: Yeah. We’re gonna have to run Point Guard University for half the season and Big Man State for the other half to get these guys where Pio wants them offensively.

MR: What do you think?

AA: We wanted that hammer on the inside. Well, you’re gonna get to play your games because he’s better than Petey was on defense, but that was a low bar. Offensively, the kid has more juice.

MR: So it’s not just me. We gotta get his defense up to speed as fast as possible.

AA: And his passing. And his shooting has to get up to Petey’s level, but That shouldn’t be difficult at all.

Byron Helm: (walking in): You guys work your magic on him. I’ll work mine on him, too. Who you guys sending to Big Man School?

MR: You mean besides the bigs, right? The new guy, Kops, Enfes, Pasman, and Frias.

BH: Cool. I’m sending the new guy, Enfes, Beko, Ozver, and Vendrell to your little guard finishing school.

AA: We get their passing together, Enfes and the new guy are going to be a sick duo.

MR: Now you sound like me, but that is not happening; can’t play those two together. Play one with Beko and Ozver, the other with Lecian and Vendrell.

Pio Reina: Already game planning, I see? Frias with one group, Leao with the other… now you gotta sort out who Kops and Bodura play with. And you forgot about Pasman. Gentlemen, to be clear, the primary skill our new addition has is his inside offense. That is his difference maker right now. No, Air, we are not playing him with Enfes. Marshall, I know you’re dreaming of that duo and Pasman. Probably with Beko and Bodura. Stop it. We are not there yet. Byron?

BH: I had him penciled into the program for tonight, but I changed my mind. We need to get pops out of Lecian, Ozver, Vendrell, Enfes, and Beko is due. We need them to be great when it’s time to be great. Primarily, we want to see Beko, Ozver, Enfes and Vendrell.

PR: Fine. Lecian gets held back. Run him in the scrimmage. Air?

AA: Yeah. It didn’t look good in that private league game. I think Leao understands now. Beko, I think he uses those private league games to work on things. His turnovers have been pretty high; he’s got eleven in the last three. Meanwhile in the league where he makes his money, ten turnovers in his last eight games. Clearly, he’s working on something.

PR: Your special assignment is Pasman. Make it happen, Air. Byron?

BH: Vendrell and Ozver. I know. We’ll see how things go this week; I may try to run Pasman in the scrimmage. Would love to get him and Lecian 48 inside and both to pop.

PR: Make sure you have an alternative plan just in case. Marshall?

MR: Don’t even say it, Pio. Everybody is my special assignment. I know.

PR: Good. Gentlemen, let me be clear. What I expect is to see is a dramatically improved inside game. I expect Enfes and the Twaruschek to improve their passing. I expect Twaruschek to be the best scorer on the team. I expect our rebounding to improve. I expect our outside game to improve. I do not care how it happens, so long as we make it happen. We are far better than we were when the season started, but we are not as good as we think. The goal is the championship. The great teams go out and get it done. Let’s go be great. We have the talent on the roster. It’s our job to make it work.

Happy Ourer: Welcome, Linndale faithful, to the final regular season contest. The gang is all here, and the team has a new player on the roster just in time for the postseason to begin!

Joshua Doe: Happy, Bobby G. sold off his best scorer, but went out and got himself a better player in Gian-Luca Twaruschek. The young man is a solid defender, a better rebounder, and has the potential to be a better scorer. The overall skillset made this a no brainer. He's a better all-around player.

Last edited by Speedtraps at 8/31/2024 5:28:42 PM

This Post:
324229.27 in reply to 324229.26
Date: 8/31/2024 10:51:59 PM
Linndale
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Happy Ourer: Well, Joshua, how about that first half for Linndale?

Joshua Doe: Gian-Luca Twaruschek made a very nice first impression. He was aggressive with the ball in his hands. Midas Kops and Roman Bodura were also very aggressive. The big unknown is Leandro Leao’s injury situation. He went down after a really good start, and his availability in the postseason will be a key to the team’s championship aspirations.

Sam Dunkley: I agree with Joshua, but I’m a little concerned about the defense and rebounding. My biggest concern is the effort. They seem to play to the level of their opponent and then do just enough to win, You can’t do that when the playoffs start. You just can’t do that!

HO: You both make great points. The key will be how quickly Twaruschek can integrate himself with what Linndale does. If tonight was any indication, it won’t take long at all. Let’s throw it down to Jimmy Buckitts courtside with Gian-Luca Twaruschek and Midas Kops.

Jimmy Buckitts: Thanks, Happy! Midas, you were incredible out there under a very unexpected circumstance.

Midas Kops: Yeah, Leandro was cooking out there directing the show, and it was unfortunate to see him go down. Once that happened and coach called my number, I just wanted to do what I could do to help the team.

JB: I don’t think we’ve seen a Midas Kops 35 point game before.

MK: I just do whatever the team needs me to do. Tonight it was to be aggressive with the basketball and to find my teammates for some easy looks. I knew I had it in me. Young fella here kept telling me shoot it and be aggressive. I like this guy; he’s rubbing off on me already!

JB: You were magnificent, and you also helped new acquisistion Gian-Luca Twaruschek acclimate himself. Gian-Luca, you brought an element that hasn’t been seen here in a while, and looked good doing it.

Gian-Luca Twaruschek: I’m just glad to be here. Coach told me to just go play my game and my teammates told me to be aggressive and they would take care of me, and that’s what happened.

JB: Midas, for a while in the first half it looked like you and Gian-Luca were having a scoring contest.

MK: He was out there trash talking, talking about how if I didn’t shoot the ball he would take my shots and go for forty. I had to let him know.

JB: Gian-Luca, first time on the floor here with your teammates. What stands out to you?

GLT: The passing. Everybody passes. I’m gonna have to work on that.

JB: All right guys, Great game Midas! Gian-Luca, welcome to Linndale! Happy, before I send it back to you and the guys, I did manage to get an update on Leandro Leao, and was told he was kept out of the game as a precaution. He’s ok, they said, but figured no sense in risking further issues down the line.

HO: Thanks, Jimmy!