BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > [BB] Season 24 feedback topic

[BB] Season 24 feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
244443.27 in reply to 244443.21
Date: 6/23/2013 1:25:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the feedback, although I have to disagree with the notion that most changes have been minor. There have been quite some considerable changes both game-technical, but also clearly in the optimization of the processes (much fewer delays) and also again this season with changes in the game engine. Furthermore, I believe most changes have flown from community suggestions, with probably the major Draft overhaul some seasons back as an old but good example.

But as you ask, I may be able to tell you a bit about what we are focussing on right now. I have to stress that all future development I list here are highly uncertain, and we may change focus if we cannot find clear improvements or if something else prioritizes suddenly. Aside from the ever going efforts to improve site stability and processing of games/updates, we are currently following the SB change in the GE closely. If this season's changes may not be enough we could be making futher game engine changes if we feel that's required (not without announcing them before hand, of course). Also we are evaluating some financial aspects of BuzzerBeater, this includes reviewing the fan survey logic and evaluating the effects of the salary formula. We are also reviewing some major aspects of the website to see if there is any room for improvements, such as the way our forums work. Well that's it for the major parts I guess.

This Post:
244443.28 in reply to 244443.5
Date: 6/23/2013 1:30:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Manon,

Thanks for the suggestion again. I'm not sure if I entirely follow your logic. If we were to remove GS training, wouldn't that mean that more people train normal skills and therefore even more well trained players enter the transferlists which should result in a price drop of these players?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of removing more and more options in general from the game, unless a huge imbalance arises. I believemanagers should have multiple ways to success by weighting short term success by giving in on the long term or visa versa.

This Post:
244443.29 in reply to 244443.26
Date: 6/23/2013 2:09:54 PM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, its very pleasing when a BB is replying, thank you.

Funny thing is, just this afternoon i did the exact same search, for minimum 15 SB TLed players. I agree with your assumptions regarding the SB/OD search.

Its encouraging that you already have data showing increased numbers in blocked and altered shots. My concern is that this change by itself will not be enough to make people change their attacking ways, in top leagues and BB3, levels that are dictating where the flow will go.
Hopefully, i'll be wrong.

P.S If i had a very good blocking team and was facing Lebron, instead of expecting to block him 5 times in a game, i'd rather have my blocking abilities force him to take 50% more, contested mid-long range jumpers ;)
I wouldn't fancy a Lebron-less league either...

Last edited by maddoghellas at 6/23/2013 2:37:43 PM

This Post:
244443.30 in reply to 244443.25
Date: 6/23/2013 2:16:39 PM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Fair enough, i see your point mate.

This Post:
244443.32 in reply to 244443.28
Date: 6/23/2013 3:07:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dont you think that using the 2-3 zone it´s very dificult at this time? Is that for the less train in blocks? In general if you use the 2-3, the inside players keep´s their Matchup Ratings, and the outside players grow a lot their MR unless their are bad players or good

This Post:
244443.33 in reply to 244443.26
Date: 6/23/2013 3:10:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If I currently filter the transferlist at Shot Blocking minimum 15 I get a total of 3 results, If I currently filter the transferlist at Outside Defense minimum 15 I get 564 results.
This tells me two things, either people are not training shotblocking or the people who did train shot blocking value the skills that highly so that they don't want to sell the players.

Shotblocking was useless and and had negative effects on salaries and potential cap of the big mans
Everyone who has thought to build/buy players with high shotblocking,either changed idea or went in bankrupt
That's why there are no one training shotblocking

This Post:
244443.34 in reply to 244443.33
Date: 6/23/2013 3:23:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Right, thanks for acknowledging that it's much too early to start reasoning why or why not the GE change is sufficient... It's quite hard to find out the effects of a skill if nobody has the skill sufficiently trained, so I'd much rather not jump to conclusions after 2 games of player ;).

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 6/23/2013 3:23:56 PM

This Post:
244443.35 in reply to 244443.34
Date: 6/23/2013 5:10:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Right, thanks for acknowledging that it's much too early to start reasoning why or why not the GE change is sufficient... It's quite hard to find out the effects of a skill if nobody has the skill sufficiently trained, so I'd much rather not jump to conclusions after 2 games of player ;).

This guy has 12 in shotblocking(I know this because his manager tried to sell it for many days befroe finding a buyer)
(8197189)
You can see how much blocks he recorded.And for the skills he have,without shot blocking he would earn 15-20k less(there are two guys on the market on his same IS-ID-REB,one with a 42,7 k salary and mediocre in shotblocking,the other with a 49,1 k salary with respectable shotblocking)
Two Other guys with same IS-ID-REB and strong in shotblocking have 52,2 and 53,2k salary

The improvements are not much visible in the game,and likely there aren't significant differences that can justify such a big salary gap.A team can spend those money on other guys and strengthen the team much more than spend those money on the salary of a signle player to have shotblocking.That's why this skill is not trained

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 6/23/2013 5:24:32 PM

This Post:
244443.36 in reply to 244443.27
Date: 6/23/2013 6:07:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So do you mean sir you will continue to put effort to balance the tactics sir? That will be great. But I have one simple suggestion that can help you. I believe that by simply explaining deeper the tactics on the Help will make us think more of what to use.

Changes in Fan Survey will be great. But the change in Salary formula will be greater.

About the forum, a simple suggestion is to give as a Search tab sir.

Lastly, Im hoping that you also look to give some improvement to Line-up.
Like to do some tweak to the codes to increase the minutes of the bench..

But my main suggestion sir is for us to have the option of where will our team focus on to:
Offense or Defense?
If we choose offense it will only mean that their will be an increase to our offensive skills but the stamina used in offense will increase and of course, I did not choose Defense so a decrease to our defensive skills should happen but also a decrease in stamina used.

Cheers

Advertisement