This Post:
255236.27 in reply to 255236.26
Date: 3/6/2014 6:22:57 PM
Mighty Moose Rockets
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
A Team Has No Name
What? We must be looking at different transfer histories. Unless I'm mistaken, Harbor UCLA has sold 3 players since the season started and bought only 1. One of the players he sold was his own draftee that he TRAINED up since 18 to have some value. One player was a scrub that sold for 1k. The last player was a 30 y/o starter for a D.IV team. The player he bought was a 26k 29y/o. In contrast, I (currently in 6th place in a competitive IV league), have made 15 transactions this season, proving that transfers don't equal wins anyway.

I see no "flipping" in recent history (unless flipping is synonymous with training), and if you are referring to drafting/buying players, training them, and then selling them for a profit as flipping then I'm not sure you understand the point of training very well.

He has some solid veteran players supplemented with some good trainees that will be able to contribute to his team in the future (just like most D.IV teams).

Edit: I apologize for continuing this off-topic tangent, couldn't help myself.

Last edited by Hutch44 at 3/6/2014 6:33:42 PM

This Post:
255236.28 in reply to 255236.26
Date: 3/7/2014 10:25:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
He flips players. also had nt players at one point. Whole the league is flipping players. I think your either blind or just talking trash because it feels good.

The rest of what you say is ignored because your being stupid.

If Harbor is a player flipper, why is it impossible to find more than three players in his entire career that he sold for a profit within a month after purchase (and all of those at 100k or less profit before taxes)? If you seriously can't overcome less than 300k in profit from his "flipping" despite a seven season head start on the guy, I'd be awful careful about who you're claiming is being stupid.

This Post:
255236.29 in reply to 255236.28
Date: 3/7/2014 4:25:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
3 players?. your either blind or something he has 1-2 pages of players sold or bought.

This Post:
255236.30 in reply to 255236.27
Date: 3/7/2014 4:29:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You dont know what your talking about he has 2 pages of buying and selling . I beat him so many times in the past and those player wont on the team. All he is doing is flipping players. You can do that while trianing player too you know that right.?. Nothing wrong with it. Nobody said it was a crime. who siad it was wrong? solid vets my a__.. he is flipping

So back up a minute and check your self.

This Post:
255236.31 in reply to 255236.29
Date: 3/7/2014 4:29:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
3 players?. your either blind or something he has 1-2 pages of players sold or bought.

Please read the entire quote: there are exactly three players that he sold for a decent profit within a month of purchasing them.

If you want to see an example of abusive sellers, I can point you to someone. But this guy? Nah, he mostly seems to be training some guys, making some purchases, and for the most part keeps them for a significant period (and when he does sell again quickly, it's not a significant markup).

Of course, all that information is freely available to you as well. If you think he's flipping players to the point of having such a dramatic advantage, list five guys that you feel meet that category. Or don't, because you can't, and just keep finding someone or something else to point the finger at.

This Post:
255236.33 in reply to 255236.32
Date: 3/7/2014 5:09:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well even by the strange standards used here, BuckNuggets and SM Lizards (14/5) are succeeding relatively well without too much transfers.

SM Lizards came into the game in season 23, has sold a total of 1 player (for 51k) and has literally only run an inside offense of any type once since the team was created. I can't wait to find out what unfair advantage they're exploiting to keep our good friend down.

This Post:
255236.34 in reply to 255236.31
Date: 3/8/2014 2:12:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does not matter if he is abusing the system or not, he is flipping players. Look at the date he bought players and sold them. That's called flipping players/ Dont make excuses man. Money is money, it all add up after a while.

I never said he had any advantage over me if so where is it? You said that. I said he is flipping players. Your mad because you tried to personal attack my team and me and I told you this guy is flipping players. Comical.. if he such a good team why does he have to flip 75-100 players in 3 seasons time. To me that's called struggling..

But to you that's called good manager no, no hold on good trainer. Comical at best. I had the same team for 10 season time and bought a few new players. I never flipped any. I have never rebuilt the team, not once.

This Post:
255236.35 in reply to 255236.32
Date: 3/8/2014 2:20:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You two are very blind. I think something is in the water in your homes.. if you cant see the flipping of players on the transfer market by them your either lying or just being blind to the matter.

Talking petty when the topic is trainers. neither of these guys are using trainee. the bucknuggets are using trainees and maybe the only team with a decent trainer.

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 3/8/2014 2:20:53 AM

This Post:
255236.37 in reply to 255236.34
Date: 3/8/2014 7:47:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does not matter if he is abusing the system or not, he is flipping players. Look at the date he bought players and sold them. That's called flipping players/ Dont make excuses man. Money is money, it all add up after a while.

I never said he had any advantage over me if so where is it? You said that. I said he is flipping players. Your mad because you tried to personal attack my team and me and I told you this guy is flipping players. Comical.. if he such a good team why does he have to flip 75-100 players in 3 seasons time. To me that's called struggling..

But to you that's called good manager no, no hold on good trainer. Comical at best. I had the same team for 10 season time and bought a few new players. I never flipped any. I have never rebuilt the team, not once.

Then, as I said, list five players that he's "flipping". Buying a player, using him for a season or two and then replacing him is soimething entirely different. Buying a short term scrub for scrimmages and then selling him quickly for roughly the same price is hardly flipping.

But you're saying "money is money" and that it all adds up? You mean to tell me his 188k career profit (on 3.5M sales roughly vs. 3.3M purchases) in three seasons is an overwhelming advantage? I seem to recall you boasting of how much money you made while in V, "learning tactics" and all that.

I've never really claimed they were a good trainer though. I don't know how their centers have been trained, but what I do know is that they have been. Hu Dunwei was drafted and joined Harbor four days later, and now has an 11k salary. Eron Hotič was drafted, joined Harbor eight days later, and now has an 11k salary. Neither is a high potential player, but they're better players than when they joined the team and already both are superior to any player you personally have ever trained.

But, you know what? Why don't you go look at the SM Lizards and come up with some sort of excuse for why they've also beaten you and have a better record. They've sold one (1!) player ever. They've run an inside offense a total of one (1!) time in their entire BB career. Of course, they're training some of their own draftees too.

Advertisement