This Post:
274955.27 in reply to 274955.26
Date: 1/5/2016 4:28:23 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Still, a great game. And young players are in the making But I see your problem. Baek is something like 37y (and still has the biggest salary)? I guess it'll take at least 3 seasons until some of the young players will help the team out. I hope you're going to stick with the team that long to see the results of your work with statsman

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
274955.29 in reply to 274955.28
Date: 1/5/2016 2:19:15 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
And if I recall correctly, he was the last pot 9+ player that had gotten slightly close to the cap (considering his salary in the last years). Could have probably been a lot better... but at least he was international NT-material. Now he should be a good backup player for korea and not one of the leaders on the team ... I sincerely hope that the generation of young high potential players (including mine) will develop nicely and close the gap that the old players are leaving ...

But, since they're around 21-24 years old, there should be a couple of 18y olds on the way ... and with 2-3 teams drafting, there just aren't enough chances to find good trainees Hopefully, even though it's hard for every country in BB now, some new managers will sign up in Korea ...

This Post:
274955.30 in reply to 274955.29
Date: 1/8/2016 9:09:36 AM
Squares
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
we're really down on managers
so this time, every vote REALLY counts!
please remember to vote next season for U21 election

This Post:
274955.31 in reply to 274955.30
Date: 1/8/2016 6:48:56 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
but I guess, there haven't been more than two votes in the last couple of elections anyway ... and at least Busan and Gangnam seem to be sticking around - and it shouldn't be too hard, to vote in the elections ... would be great if you continued to run both teams with Perpete

This Post:
274955.32 in reply to 274955.31
Date: 1/11/2016 11:27:11 AM
Squares
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I know I haven't been around to do this much at all this season, but today's schedule fit, so here goes:

Today's Game:
Hanguk U21 110 - 100 Cyprus U21

Today's game doesn't make a big difference for Korea U21, but we're mainly just playing spoilers, as this win would be critical for Cyprus' odds of making it into the knockout stage of the consolation tournament. Both teams giving it there all for this game, with Cyprus getting the homecourt advantage. They figured we would play inside and geared their defense against our big men, hopefully this plays out to our advantage.

On to the first quarter.
Early on, we're digging a whole with shooting fouls. 3 out of their 6 points were scored on free throws. But it does look like we're making a conscious effort to hold on defence as so far, it's been a low scoring game. Everyone is contributing. It's good to see Hee-Ho Moon on the scoring list, after a long hiatus off the lineup with injuries. At one point we were neck and neck on the scoreboard. After the first quarter, score is 21-27. We weren't able to convert any shots in the last 3 minutes of the quarter.

So far in the 2nd quarter, the same story, foul troubles. Falling behind, 1 point at a time. Sung-Ryong Kim, the man of the hour. And being only 20 years of age. We'll count on him to lead the team next season, but not just Kim, we have quite a stack of talent heading into next season. Hopefully we can bring it! Back to the game. Kwang Chul Kim is in a bit of foul trouble. An even quarter right up until the end. We trail 44-52.

3rd quarter just not our quarter. Making it painful to watch

exciting 4th quarter... only down 3 with 1 minute to go... everything happening too fast to type anything
Mul-Jib Lee ties it with a triple!

We're going to overtime! Way to squeeze out some extra minutes in the last game of our season. Now let me catch my breath for a minute...

We get the first basket of the overtime period. They are driving it to us, but nothing is sticking. Only point they got in the quarter was as result from a free throw. Way to hold down the D! No looking back now, we've built ourselves a double-digit lead. It took us a while, but there IS something worth celebrating about on the U21 side of Korea's NT program. The NT did great this season, led by EGM-Perpete, almost making it into 2nd round of International play.

Last edited by Statsman at 1/11/2016 12:53:22 PM

This Post:
274955.33 in reply to 274955.32
Date: 1/11/2016 1:45:20 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
I just had a look at the final score of the game. Congrats! That was a great win (and a nail-biter)

Continue the good work - and hopefully, next season you'll get a couple of more wins with the young talents that are ready to take over!

This Post:
274955.34 in reply to 274955.1
Date: 1/13/2016 7:38:24 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
After a couple of lost bidwars, I finally won one for a lvl 5 coach. So now my trainees don't have any excuses to slow down in their training process...on the contrary: I definitely expect them to develop more quickly

btw: sorry for the bad GS next friday, stats! I didn't plan for a double-OT and an injury ...

Last edited by LA-Wendell Alexis at 1/13/2016 7:39:25 AM