BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > taking advantage of the mismatch.

taking advantage of the mismatch.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
31707.27 in reply to 31707.26
Date: 5/19/2008 10:10:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't disagree with that. I have also asked if it is a programming issue then it should be posted. The problem i have is that if there is no way to have height mismatches then you can get 5 great players and throw them on the court and play a zone defense and find a offensive system for them to work. There needs to be some level of discrepancy. maybe add weight to the game so you can see if the guy look like Shaq or Garnett. That way you know the guy is slow or fat or athletic. Then the height mismatch would not be as important.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

This Post:
31707.28 in reply to 31707.27
Date: 5/19/2008 10:27:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hi at all...
i followed this diskusion a few days but i think this is kinda stupid discusion because they are not going to change the game...!
u cant argue with the rl BB cause a game doesnt even comes close to it.
look at all manager games none of them is realistik... cause there are so many things that can happen which u cant creat in a game. so i think they solved this probs very good, the most ppl still have lots of fun with this game and they try to get it as close as they can to the real live..

*hope my english is good enough so u can understand all of it ;) *

greetz

This Post:
31707.29 in reply to 31707.22
Date: 5/19/2008 11:24:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am saying that tall players who are inside scorers and are playing inside should have a slight advantage against small players because they can get there shot off, and smaller players who are quicker should have an advantage in run and gun or similar styles. Garnett or Duncan cant guard Iverson or Kobe. It also work the opposite way as well. I don't know why it cant be implemented into the game that i have players with 10 inches on there opponent and cant score or grab rebounds. Here or there you can have an exception but not on a regular bases.

Except that Garnett and Duncan are world class inside scorers. So they're hard toguard based on their skill. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to guard a C who can trip over his own feet.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
31707.30 in reply to 31707.17
Date: 5/19/2008 12:38:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But when you have players who playing ridicoulously out of position then if its not stupid i dont know what to call it. Their are not that many Charles barkly that play in the post and not mamy more Magic johnson that play the point. But here we can have anyone do whatever they like. This is not a real game but is based on it and the question is wether it should be or not.

Take a look at my C.... 13.5 rating at C then 3.5 last match at SG I think that reflects the fact he cant do a job all over the court.... (not many matches other than scrimmages I can try and improve his Outside game though.. Charles are you reading!!!)

Open up training to all positions all skills!

This Post:
31707.31 in reply to 31707.30
Date: 5/19/2008 12:43:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Open up training to all positions all skills!

Erm, why? So that your center can play SG? Doesn't make much sense to me

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
31707.32 in reply to 31707.21
Date: 5/19/2008 1:19:28 PM
Balls of Steel
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
as was said before, tell Sir Charles Barkley that he can not get rebounds from a 7' player.
height is NOT the determining factor in getting rebounds.
1- speed of jumping
2- spatial ability to determine where rebound will be
3- strenght, to push away other potetial rebounders
4- heart
5- height

This Post:
31707.33 in reply to 31707.32
Date: 5/19/2008 1:21:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
as was said before, tell Sir Charles Barkley that he can not get rebounds from a 7' player.
height is NOT the determining factor in getting rebounds.
1- speed of jumping
2- spatial ability to determine where rebound will be
3- strenght, to push away other potetial rebounders
4- heart
5- height

Another thing that is vastly overlooked is that rebounding is a team skill.

If every player on the floor boxes out properly, then even your 6-foot guard can step in the paint and collect the board. Sure, being big and strong helps, but it is by far not the only factor.

This Post:
31707.34 in reply to 31707.32
Date: 5/19/2008 2:19:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you are right and now give me 5 NBA big men who are 6'6 or less that can rebound and play defense with true big men. Stanley Roberts does not count as a player to out rebound. We are talking starters vs starters in which allot of players are forgetting.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
31707.35 in reply to 31707.34
Date: 5/19/2008 2:26:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you are right and now give me 5 NBA big men who are 6'6 or less that can rebound and play defense with true big men. Stanley Roberts does not count as a player to out rebound. We are talking starters vs starters in which allot of players are forgetting.

And how many 6'6 big men in BB can you train to NBA-quality internal scoring and internal defense?

I can give you plenty of 6'6 big men who play with success in the NCAA, the developmental leagues, and even Europe, but I guess you have your mind set again.

This Post:
31707.36 in reply to 31707.33
Date: 5/19/2008 2:29:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Another thing that is vastly overlooked is that rebounding is a team skill.

true

This Post:
31707.37 in reply to 31707.35
Date: 5/19/2008 2:37:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok give me 10 Euroleague players who can play with Scola or Marcus Goree. Then give me a player who is 195cm that can guard them It has nothing to do with what league you are in. I am in the top league in Israel and my players are not poor and I'm sure my competitions is not as well which means that some sense of reality should be put unto the game when i give the ball to my center who has 15 cm on his defender and he cant get a shot off is not realistic.. It does not have anything to do with what league they are in. It is basic that height and speed can help some players out.

There is no 195cm player who can guard a 210 player with even skills at any level in the world.

Advertisement