Help - English > free agency

free agency

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
114365.28 in reply to 114365.27
Date: 10/8/2009 8:00:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It appears to be a one-time thing, unless prices don't fall as much as the BBs would like to see. I hope it's a one-week deal, rather than something that lasts until the salary updates in season 11.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
114365.29 in reply to 114365.28
Date: 10/8/2009 11:17:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i bloody hope not!!!!!!!
i spent all my money on my arena just before this un announced change came.
meaning im now at a huge disadvantage as prices drop and many teams in my div get much better players,
they better be around till atleast end of this season, or im going to be even more disadvantaged.
struggling in div 2 isnt fun, but spending money that now could have saved me from demotion because of an un announced change is just plain game destroying.
i felt i was one step behind in my new div, now i feel 2 huge steps behind my div and worried if div 3 get good buys on the free agents then i may be behind there aswell.

This Post:
114365.30 in reply to 114365.29
Date: 10/8/2009 11:38:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Right with you there . prettyinpink . . before the FA announcement, with alot of cash and a full roster i went and spent it on arena expansion.

Now have no cash to bid on those FA's :(

This Post:
114365.32 in reply to 114365.31
Date: 10/9/2009 3:03:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it doesnt matter if every team bought one or not, prices are dropping for all players meaning i could have strengthened my team rather then upgraded my arena.

even just one new player in my div to a team outside the top 4 in my div causes a chain reaction through the div on how teams will look and play against each other, a team i may win against playing normal may become a crunch time win only , or other teams may now see that team unbeatable tie them and have higher enthusiasm against me.

the change had to happen i agree with that, im just saying it better be around long enough for the teams that got disadvantaged from it (like me) to get a nibble of the pie.

Message deleted
This Post:
114365.35 in reply to 114365.34
Date: 10/9/2009 9:52:23 AM
Aussie Pride
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I havn't noticed much difference in transfer prices yet everyone is still expensive on there

This Post:
114365.37 in reply to 114365.36
Date: 10/9/2009 11:14:35 AM
Aussie Pride
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Well i'm just saving all my money at the moment seems like the best thing to do.

This Post:
114365.38 in reply to 114365.29
Date: 10/9/2009 5:13:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i bloody hope not!!!!!!!
i spent all my money on my arena just before this un announced change came.
meaning im now at a huge disadvantage as prices drop and many teams in my div get much better players,
they better be around till atleast end of this season, or im going to be even more disadvantaged.
struggling in div 2 isnt fun, but spending money that now could have saved me from demotion because of an un announced change is just plain game destroying.
i felt i was one step behind in my new div, now i feel 2 huge steps behind my div and worried if div 3 get good buys on the free agents then i may be behind there aswell.

Settle down. From looking at your team, the arena choice was a good one for you. Your arena is terribly small for a DII team, and (lucky for you) your wages are pretty darn cheap for a DII team. With the boost in merchandise and TV money, and the adjustment to fan behaviour, you should be making money hand over fist all season long whether you win or lose.

Also, I wouldn't assume prices are going to fall very quickly, as once the money is removed from the game, it will take a while for it to show much effect.

In the long run, FA are a bad thing. We all want a fair price for our trainees when it comes time to sell, and if all the bidders in the market have spent their cash on FAs, it really doesn't bode well for the rest of us. I, for one, believe that the economy is much worse when a triple sensational 21yo C/PF goes for the same amount as a triple respectable 18yo C/PF, which is precisely the type of market that free agency caused the last time it was around.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
Advertisement