BB Global (English) > the future of bb

the future of bb

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
215754.28 in reply to 215754.27
Date: 5/6/2012 7:34:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess... you are being singled out! :D Like always.

This Post:
215754.29 in reply to 215754.1
Date: 5/6/2012 8:13:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with the statement. I think the gameday revenue should increase.

This Post:
215754.30 in reply to 215754.25
Date: 5/7/2012 12:33:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
+1

I don't think any game dynamic leading to tanking as a strong strategy should compete against smart training + smart tactics (that demand much more effort) in effectiveness is anywhere near good.

Tanking is effective but bored. So an average user probably wants to succeed he look his top division an sees this two strategies working, he can go the hard way while seeing others go the easy one and be more effective than him (hard way needs learning, time and many trial and mistake) and decide to quit. Its just an online game, they are plenty of them to try. Or he can simply go tank, quit while bored, or succeed and then, he will have to face again those two options: hard way require skills he hasn't developed and taking will be more bored than the first time. Probably quit.

Many managers will simply quit after discovering there is no fun not so hard alternative for development after a few months. Then, quit.

This is not everybody story. Will it be the one of 65% new users? That can be a disaster when adding old users quits. Perhaps, for similar reasons.

This Post:
215754.31 in reply to 215754.25
Date: 5/8/2012 4:18:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree 100% with your opinion on the economy and market of buzzerbeater , but i that you can be succesful and churn out a profit. Im in a tough division 3 in england , but im probaly going to be promoted . I churn out a 100k profit a week and have a good stadium. I also have 2 trainees who i can get trained while still winning matches. I made some mistakes when i started but after a few seasons its safe to same i have a very good base to my club.

This Post:
215754.32 in reply to 215754.1
Date: 5/8/2012 8:22:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's a problem of the structure of the game.

On the past you could buy a young player for 1,5M2-M and after 3-4 seasons sell it for around 4-5M.

That phase changed 3-4 seasons ago, now the profits of training keep reducing, it's much better you train for your team than training for selling.

You can check that the managers who are succeed selling players they are more dedicated to trading than investing time on the training and then selling the player.

And most of your community is focused on training young players and trying to do what we all did on the past, trying to win 2-3M on 1 single player.

I'm sorry for you guys if you don't have big profits, but most of the chinese managers try to sell their player for prices that are more expensive than normal, around 20% of overvaluing

Last edited by Marot at 5/8/2012 8:24:18 PM

This Post:
215754.33 in reply to 215754.32
Date: 5/8/2012 10:45:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
for myself, a season 7 guy, i have adjusted the way i think about playing buzzerbeater.

I win as much as i can under my preset conditions.

1) Always be training a Japanese NT / U21 player

2) Stay profitable/even with my weekly income

3) Avoid playing look inside (because i simply cant enjoy watching my team play that offense).

You win in the Transfer market my creating super small forwards that are under priced because of the glitch in the salary formula. Inside scoring is cheaper for SFs than PF/Cs and Jump shot is cheaper than PGs and SGs. you keep the jump range low (quickly become an overrated stat in BB), train their defense up and you have a good player that is underpriced.

The only players in the been going for 2 mill + consistantly are the underpriced SFs.

Aside from that, the game is more about saving money to make a run at 1) the last 2/3 weeks of the cup or 2) the playoffs. You save up a couple million them rent some high salary players, you get the benefits of winning and your merchadise actually increases, and you arent penalized very much when you sell them at cost.

Ive said many times...BB just isnt a strategy game.

It is a transfer market type Monopoly game. Its not about pregame scouting/strategy as much as it is about opportunism in the transfer market.

If you want to win now, just be an opportunist in the transfer market. You keep some money handy and keep track of the market, you can be successful...

...and the fact that i havent purchased a player in nearly a full season should explain my feelings about pursuit of success in this fashion.

Im going to play with a economically responsible roster, avoid look inside, develop NT players, and enjoy the game for what its worth.

There was a time when winning was most important, but as the number of top flight competition steady quit the game (at least in the JBBL), the more winning under conditions appeals to me.

Love BB, but there are some major issues that need to be addressed to even the game out.

Somebody let me a hold a no. 2 pencil cause they testin' me.
This Post:
215754.34 in reply to 215754.33
Date: 5/8/2012 11:22:23 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I hear ya...When is basketball ever just one tactic? If Buzzer beater the game were a human, it would be sick in bed with the flu. The fun is almost gone for me. In fact, I have been looking into some other Basketball sims and they might not be on the level with Buzzerbeater but at least there isn't a tactic glitch.
PS..I see your supporter ran out and I guess you are not going to extend...mine is up June 9th...Is it worth it? That is the question.

This Post:
215754.35 in reply to 215754.34
Date: 5/9/2012 12:19:09 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Well, if you think the game is going to get new, cool features, and that if you already like the extra features, it could be worthwhile..........but then again the BB's take like, 3-5 seasons to make a new feature..........0r 12 months to 20 months...............

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
215754.36 in reply to 215754.22
Date: 5/9/2012 3:24:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't want to go back to the time where 8-12k salary players demanded 1,5-1,7mil transfer fees. Even as free agents...

I suppose we could hope for something in between.
I just bought a 25yo 79k C for 424k.
Which means that every 5,3 weeks (0,38 seasons) he will cost me in salary as much as he is worth on the market .
(and he is in the middle of his BB career. Doesn't have great secondaries, but not terrible either)

To me that's the cause of most problems

This Post:
215754.37 in reply to 215754.18
Date: 5/9/2012 5:57:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But at the same time, I have sacrificed wins for training with the concomitant loss in income. That may not be cost-effective.

This Post:
215754.38 in reply to 215754.32
Date: 5/9/2012 11:19:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think BB should be a plurality of games, game player can win ticket sales, trading, training to earn money, the current market more and more depressed, everyone on the market expectation is lower and lower, it is a dangerous signal.Now is not a small profit, but not to earn money。I wish I were an enterprising person, so I was at a very low wages to play, maybe it made more.I don't want to give up the game to earn money, very simple.
In China, native players' prices are high, not just for you, so it is for our own.Chinese BB game player has a lot of exchanges, everyone are familiar with market price ,they look like the trade master .This is not unique to China, many other game players are such。

Advertisement