Suggestions > Pick and Roll should be an offense on bb

Pick and Roll should be an offense on bb

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
219902.28 in reply to 219902.27
Date: 6/13/2012 1:46:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is one heck of a lot of posts in a row!

This Post:
219902.30 in reply to 219902.29
Date: 6/13/2012 5:09:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I7m not sure where you get the 30 NBA games from.

I coach girls basketball at JR. High level in Japan, part of this involves amateur triage.
One of my schools, whose style of play I disagree with and I have been trying to get some reason for the refs and coaches to play a different, safer, style of basketball, TWO girls ahve blown ACLs . I have also blown an ACL playing basketball....usually its the guy blocking the shot not the shooter that takes a serious leg or back injury..... I seen my players go down first hand.

I am a Portland Trailblazers fan. So I know ALL ABOUT NBA injuries. All about.

Go on the web and look up some statistics...I have no time to respond to your spam of backpeddling and self-defence.

May I ask how old you are? You will grow out of it. You don't ahve to be right or all knowing, sometimes there is a topic that you just should listen, especially when yo uare young. Its funny though people usually only realize this when they are older....

As far as some dumb fat friend of yours trying to injur people in the paint, good for him. I bet getting drunk with him you learned all kind of wisdom about how and why people get injured. whatever. Go to youtube and search for ACL injuries. The one on Nene is really good. It shows Tim Duncan using good form and body posture and Nene not. This lead to Tims Knee winning the battle and Nene going to the hospital. Not a foul, not intentional, a matter of proper posture and not proper posture mixed with bad luck and wrong place wrong time.... I teach my bigs how to stay healthy under the basket and its the same thing as how to rebound well and defend well and score the ball- proper footwork and posture. Hacking people in the paint to prove some point of how cool being the taller fatter guy is is just dumb kid stuff....

NFL has lots of injuries, and this has bled over even to highschool because of the culture of the sport and hits. These are mostly head and shoulder injuries, but naturally of all sorts. This is intentionally trying to hurt eachother with big hits . This is not allowed in basketball. None-the-less basketball players suffer an unreasonable number of corrective surgeries every year to repair torn ligaments in their major mobility joints....

I will ceed though an argument that NFL is more dangerous sport. Its an arguable case.

Dude, you coach GIRLS basketball. You're spouting statistics and rambling about ACL tears, even bringing up your own. ACL tears are far less common an injury than he's talking about. 6'7 235 not that fat. Lebron James when entered the league at 18 years old was 6'8 240lbs. You do know who LeBron James is don't you? Or not on your radar as a Trailblazers fan. Greg Oden, injured before he got to Portland, cry about drafting him instead of Kevin Durant some more why don't you.

You teach your GIRL BIGS how to stay healthy... yeah, they're girls. Girls basketball, completely different, unless the girls in Japan ar epulling thier best Lisa Leslie impressions and doing tomahawk dunks!

Arguable basketball is more dangerous than football? you'll argue that? This right here is where I will never listen to your advice without having heard something from 4 or 5 "second opinions" you are an idiot!

You're saying basketball is more dangerous than Football. and you're comparing girls basketball, and the frequency of injuries in girls' basketball, and saying "this is how all basketball is"...

edit:
took out the last sentence. Seemed like a better idea. and I apparently, mis-stereotyped.Also, Wolph, the 30 NBA is referring to the # of teams...
not how many games, same with the college #s there, thats # of teams and thats just Division I he didn't include more than that except for the "+" so college, multiply each number by 30. NBA by 81 (shorter this year). etc etc.

Last edited by Troy Valmont at 6/13/2012 5:18:28 AM

This Post:
219902.35 in reply to 219902.32
Date: 6/13/2012 6:04:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You brought up that besides NBA there are other levels of play. Like college, highschool, amateur and so forth.

I was pointing out that I have experience outside of just watching NBA games.

EVEN girls get injured playing basketball. Like I said I ahve seen 2 of my students have ACL surgery. If you think the risk of such a injury is limited, you are wrong. Even girls that don't weigh 100pounds can tear their acl. In my case, I'm not making this stuff up.

You said your buddy was 270 now....but yea. You probably misrepresent your buddy, making him out to be some kinda thug when probably he just plays physical. There is a difference between beign physical and trying to injur people. Basketball injuries suck (any injury does) they make life in general suck and reduce your ability to do everyday things. well I guess this is true of any sport, but our topic now is basketball.

In my experience of playing basketball when I was younger, streetball, watching NBA and watching kids, the injuries happen around teh same times for the same reasons. maybe I am wrong and somebody who has more than conjecture adn wild theory can shed some light on this. But at this point its not about what is right to you but its about being right and you should take a step back, calm down and relax.

We both agree that the current structure in BB is not very accurate. We both agree that it shoudl take into consideration more practically how and why people get injured, not just fouls and always the shooter, right? So after that the BBs if they ever change the logic in GE (which may never ever happen cuz they don7t have the resources they say) can look at statistics and talk to experts. I'm not proposing myself as an expert, my point is only to completely discredit some of your wild ideas. I have no issue with you, you'll grow out of it (hopefully) but when I see bogus info/conjecture its my nature to attack it. Don't take it personal.

1. I brought up nothing
2. Try talking to me about experience. Just try, trust me son, you don't want to go there. I played 65 games in the NBA from 2004-2006. SO just try and go there, and tell me you have more experience.
3. I didn't say anything about my buddy. but 270 at 6'7 isn't that fat. Maybe you're some scrawny guy who couldn't make a living playing basketball, but 6'7 270 could very easily be.... Metta WorldPeace (6'7 260), a guy built of solid muscle. or LeBron James (6'8 250)

You played basketball when younger, and streetball. I guess that makes you Coach Larry Brown? or Coach Phil Jackson?

This Post:
219902.37 in reply to 219902.36
Date: 6/13/2012 9:04:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Open for business! By rules, of course.

This Post:
219902.38 in reply to 219902.33
Date: 6/13/2012 9:36:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
ACL injuries are mostly muscle fatigue injuries. Or problems for extremely explosive players (like Rose). You can still play ball without ACL-s, but you must have strong quartriceps muscles. I know one pro football player around here, that has neither. He has really strong muscles to balance it out though. Hell even Blair in the NBA is playing without ACL-s.
Obviously knee and ankle injuries are the most common in basketball. Followed with muscle sprains and back spasms. Facial injuries are next in line:)

Advertisement