BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > player not allowed to be chosen as NT member

player not allowed to be chosen as NT member (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
270150.28 in reply to 270150.25
Date: 5/28/2015 9:32:34 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
The discussion we're having here is an important one and since it is still (borderline) civil, I will respond in the thread and attempt to add some closure to it. Thank you Hrudey though, I understand why you closed it and I must add that such a discussion is more fit in the Global forum where I'd would be glad to continue if a civil and on topic discussion is started. So, here goes...
Then ... explain us why this player is more important to such things you say (19550024) and not the 27 years old who is able to play in more teams ...
This sentence proves to me that you have not understood the point of my last post (the real role of free agency in BB). I cannot explain it any better, and since the rest of your post is based on such misunderstood concept, I feel no need for a rebuttal. I can only hope others understood it better.

each explanation you give to the new FA system goes down with each example we can look for ... but as your EGMs you are never going to say you did something wrong, so you never rectify in the good path

anyway, thanks for your excuses
I have personally admitted my mistakes many times right here in the Bugs forum. The EGMs are not my blind followers and our opinions differ in some instances, a fact which is never hidden. If you choose to believe otherwise, it will not try and convince you, our posts from the past speak for themselves. You can believe whatever you like, that is your right.
Also, what you deem as excuses, I deem as explanations. Since you don't like them and therefore choose to disregard them, I feel like that fact alone is reason enough to stop this discussion.

"Therefore, we decided replace the current system ...."

Read that again. It says NOTHING about decreasing the free agents available. In fact, it makes it sound like it increases the free agents available and they are selected more carefully than ever before. Now that we have learned it was exactly the OPPOSITE of that, I'm afraid your credibility is going to be really shaky for the foreseeable future. Deception such as this, that appears so deliberate and carefully thought out, can not help but make people suspicious, and in my honest opinion rightly so. Nothing to date has made it so obvious that the change is intended to take care of experienced coaches who train players for profit and to the detriment of all other coaches at all levels who play the game to win basketball games, and to the detriment of the game as a basketball game.
I agree with Hrudey here. What it makes it sound like to you is not what it makes it sound like to me or him. We are not trying to imply anything with regards to the change of the total amount of free agents, so you should try not to imply anything either. The words may have led you to a wrong conclusion (that the number of FAs will increase) but I believe that it is more a result of wishful thinking than an issue with the comprehension of the text.

As for your allegations that we are trying to deceive you and the rest of our users, all I can say is that they are mind boggling to me. We are not out here to get you and there is no conspiracy against you. We are here to provide a service to our users and lying and cheating would surely be the best way to go about losing our image and our user base. Believe me, that is the last thing we want and it makes no sense for us to do such a counterproductive thing. Actually, I feel a bit foolish for having to even talk about it.

Our intent is only to improve the game and with it our users' experience while playing it. Why anyone would think otherwise is beyond me.