BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > You're addicted to BB if...

You're addicted to BB if...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
56434.28 in reply to 56434.27
Date: 11/7/2008 4:29:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
... you ask David Stern to get your BB team to NBA

To: RiP
This Post:
56434.29 in reply to 56434.24
Date: 11/7/2008 4:39:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I almost had one once... but I was outbid at the last second. He was going to fly in from Austria if I had won.

I can arrange a conference call if you want, he's sitting at the desk next to me.

You are addicted to BB when a friend that missed the first quarter of your local team asks for a summary, you answer "Watch the game again after it's finished, the text is already gone."

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.
This Post:
56434.30 in reply to 56434.21
Date: 11/7/2008 10:52:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
....you wake up early on fridays to check your pops.
....you refer to a raise at your job as a pop in salary.
....you have stayed late at the office because you didnt want to miss the second half of a close game.
....you have an excel spreadsheet of your team.
....you learned excel not because of work, but because it makes really cool spreadsheets for your team.
....you talk strategy and training at the bar.
....you get excited to see how a new player will interact with your team.
....you get excited to play against certain teams (Ginger Balls, Keivan Cossacks, Digging for Change, Reston Thumpers)
....you believe there should be a team hall of fame
....you remember all time great games your team has had and wish you could somehow mark them on your supporter driven front page
....you keep a player on the roster for sentimental value.

Last edited by cruzanm423 at 11/7/2008 10:54:32 AM

Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue. Dilbert
This Post:
56434.31 in reply to 56434.30
Date: 11/7/2008 11:10:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
....you have stayed late at the office because you didnt want to miss the second half of a close game.
....you learned excel not because of work, but because it makes really cool spreadsheets for your team.
....you get excited to play against certain teams (Ginger Balls, Keivan Cossacks, Digging for Change, Reston Thumpers)
....you remember all time great games your team has had and wish you could somehow mark them on your supporter driven front page

Good God, all of these apply.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
56434.32 in reply to 56434.30
Date: 11/7/2008 12:27:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

...if you do that every day.. even if you know the update is on fridays, but have to check just in case..
...if you go around annoyed because you can't come up with good enough nicknames for all your players.
...if you check every countrys NT and NT U21 rosters on a regular basis because you want to have NT players on your team, and if you put a high enough bid on them in early on, the chance is less for anyone else noticing them. (lots of the smaller countries have reasonably priced players (Free Agents) that you can put in your training regime and gain international fame)

There! I said it! Now I may have some rest, knowing I am not alone with "the secret"

This Post:
56434.33 in reply to 56434.31
Date: 11/7/2008 2:59:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Good God, all of these apply.

You didn't realy needed to tell us this, we all know everything posted in this thread will apply to you!

(Juice is now thinking how atrocious his fellow GM is, and how he can get a doctor with taping to tape his mounth shut, and if Juice can't find one at least tell the fellow GM to TIE. Later on he will
crunch
his brain searching a new PR to increase his (inter)national appeal, and finally he will bump the thread in his federation.)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
56434.34 in reply to 56434.33
Date: 11/7/2008 3:01:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If I could set you on fire and watch you run around in flames, I so would do it right now.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
56434.35 in reply to 56434.34
Date: 11/7/2008 3:16:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(and that adds 1 more line to the thread)

... you ever thought of setting a fellow BB player on fire to watch him run around in flames.

(3-pointer)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
56434.37 in reply to 56434.36
Date: 11/7/2008 9:32:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have definetly get excited to wake up on Friday to see my pops and check Buzzerbeater 1st and my checking account 2nd to see what my paycheck was!

I also refer to my BB players in conversation with my friends as if they know who they are.

"Niver Pena had a great game last night."

This Post:
56434.38 in reply to 56434.37
Date: 11/7/2008 10:04:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whats fun is when they do know who your talking about, I have ummm 7 friends that play? Its good stuff.

Advertisement