164600.288 in reply to 164600.287
Date: 1/4/2011 7:00:38 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
As there is no response from BB staff, I repeat my question:

One question about new B3 format. Are you ready for situation with odd number of participants in new season, so that group play works? Because there can be odd or even number of participants qualified by all present rules and I think group play need even number so that it works.

This Post:
164600.289 in reply to 164600.288
Date: 1/4/2011 7:18:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sure, the format can only work with an even amount of team, so we'll make sure there is an even amount of teams.

This Post:
164600.290 in reply to 164600.287
Date: 1/4/2011 7:28:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
bad idea,it means that some top teams every season will have a lot more incomes than the other top teams and so would have a strong advantage in the single season of the B£ towards the team that should entry in the toruney in the last round(maybe without deserving it,with an high rank due to the low competitively of their country that allow them to win every season all in theri country)

It's the same story with the current settings of national tournament and B3. better teams go deeper in national tournaments and make more money, B3 participants get more money playing internationally.

This Post:
164600.291 in reply to 164600.290
Date: 1/4/2011 7:39:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
bad idea,it means that some top teams every season will have a lot more incomes than the other top teams and so would have a strong advantage in the single season of the B£ towards the team that should entry in the toruney in the last round(maybe without deserving it,with an high rank due to the low competitively of their country that allow them to win every season all in theri country)

It's the same story with the current settings of national tournament and B3. better teams go deeper in national tournaments and make more money, B3 participants get more money playing internationally.

the point is that while in the actual format every team has the same chances to make money and improve,in your format some teams can raise money through the rounds to come in the final stages having more possibility than the other teams that could not raise money in the previous rounds

This Post:
164600.292 in reply to 164600.291
Date: 1/4/2011 7:51:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
wouldnt it be possible to make a kind of chamionsleague?

al the champions of there division are playing against a champion of another countries division?
Must be difficult to schedule but thats a fair way of getting into Europe
If you do this continental:

north and south america
Europa
Asia and Australie
Middle East and the rest

And maybe you can play the champions of Europe agains the American one and so on?

This Post:
164600.293 in reply to 164600.291
Date: 1/4/2011 7:53:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought about this as well. First of all I like to make sure that everyone knows I'm just putting out there a layout of the possibility of 8192 teams playing in worldwide competition. This is not a final proposal of how it should be but only to raise the awareness of how it could be possible. I'm all for 100% to make the format such that financially, schedule, advantage/disadvantage would be optimal such that it would all make sense. So somewhere along the way the financial situation you mentioned should be figured out to make it so it make sense and I agree. But that's just changing the numbers in the format and a piece of cake you shouldn't let stand in the way of 8192 teams competing internationally. If there was no way around it and money would always be an issue is one thing, but its fair to assume there can be something worked out that makes sense.

This Post:
164600.294 in reply to 164600.293
Date: 1/4/2011 8:00:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes but i do like my national league and if i look at your plan then averone HAS to play international.....
which i dont want to

I just want to play two or three round abroad after the normal season is over....
an i dont mean an sc but games which actually get me money.

This Post:
164600.296 in reply to 164600.295
Date: 1/4/2011 7:52:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since everyone is reposting here, this is what I replied to Gil in the suggestions forum:

------------

I somewhat agree with you and I am for anything that allows more teams to participate in international tournaments. In fact, I personally think that almost every team in BB should be entered in some kind of international tournament every season.

I would start by getting rid of the domestic cup or replacing it with a tournament that is less lucrative and played in arcade mode. Why? You know that any change would have to be revenue neutral. So if you add more meaningful international games, you have to take the money out of the game somewhere.

Second, get rid of the B3. It is the grey poupon of BB and is out of touch for everyone except the top end users.

Then, add international tournaments. It is a worldwide game. Why do 99.9% of the club games get played at the domestic level? And unless you play the game for a long time or come from a small country, your chances of playing in a meaningful international competition are zero in the current format (no, scrimmages are not meaningful competition in my books, and you cannot play in a PL unless you have supporter).

As for what format the new tournament(s) will take, I will leave that open (for now, although I do have ideas). But with 14 weeks in a BB season, 16384 teams could play in an elimination tournament. That would be a good place to start. And now that there is a world ranking, that certainly could be one element in determining who gets into the tournament. Or maybe the only element?

Anyhow, just my personal feelings.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
164600.297 in reply to 164600.296
Date: 1/4/2011 10:34:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe this is too simple an answer. Wouldn't a Salary Cap take care of the issue of teams "Loading Up" to win either Cup or B3? No team carries more than say $650k for arguments sake. Therefore they would have to sell before they could buy.
I know there is a reason why this isn't that easy as this isn't the most amazing idea, that no one else could have thought of.

Right is not a popularity contest!
Advertisement