Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324393.29 in reply to 324393.1
Date: 6/29/2024 2:51:30 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
This thread is for you to give us feedback over what skills in your eyes needs an update, how much do you think we should change it, should we make it a lot more expensive or just a little bit more expensive?
And since we aim that salaries will stay about the same, what skills should we make cheaper? How much cheaper?

Please focus about that and not about when it will happen or things related to the implementation itself (we will ask your opinion about that later 😉 )
I personally think that,
1. Rebounding in PG/SG/SF/PF/C can be a little bit lower (all other skills that is not free for each position can be slightly increased);
2. Passing in PG can be a little bit lower, while Outside Defense can be increased a little bit.

3. Using the same salary update method as in S37 and S38, the salary gap between high secondary skills and low secondary skills can be slightly increased again.

This Post:
324393.34 in reply to 324393.32
Date: 6/29/2024 5:26:07 AM
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
As diplomatically as I can write it, I am not a big friend of having discussions about a topic (which already has been suggested multiple times and discussed exessively) again on a different channel (discord) and/or trying to give it an official character by naming the thread „[official]“ … That’s like crowning myself king.

@alonso: i think the question is legit 🤷‍♂️

Hey, sorry it was me who requested Alonso to create this thread.

You can see the staff on this page: (/community/bbstaff.aspx). His name is on that page multiple times.

Okay, fine … but that should be visible, that it is an official statement of a GM. And it should not be possible to add or remove the GM or whatever prefix.

Hey!
You can consider me part of the staff. I do not have any specific role or a tag. Hopefully that clears this out!

@Alonso: Where is the problem to express clearly„You may have missed, but I am a GM and etc. pp.“?

Finally, I agree with all, that discussions should not take place on Discord and BB, official discussion should only take place on BuzzerBeater!

To answer the salary question as a homegrown-manger: i am fine with every adjustement to balance this game, but changes may affect homegrown-teams in a more significant way, so I agree with:
- only for rookies drafted Season XY
- at least 5-8 seasons in advance (NOT RL DAYS!!!).
- some kind of BuzzerManager-Feature for Salary calculation

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
324393.39 in reply to 324393.35
Date: 7/1/2024 1:03:02 PM
Jack Sparrow
IV.58
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if the opinion of a newcomer will be interesting to the new owners but I think that salaries should be weighted, at least minimally based on the age of the players.
That is to say, a very young player who, well trained, could rise a lot should have a salary slightly higher than what he had at the start of the season, I'm not saying what he will theoretically have at the end of the season, but something higher because it is assumed that he will give up something more.
On the other hand, the opposite happens with very mature players, each year their performance drops a lot and therefore the price that has to be paid for them is much higher than the performance they give on the field.

As a BBfiction proposal, it would be to have the possibility of signing contracts with the players for 2 or 4 years (with annual updates like now) but that they are not a commodity in the hands of the teams and they have a minimum decision-making capacity. If the contract is fulfilled and they are free, there must be an auction for them not for the purchase price, or not only for that, but also for the salary paid or the level of the team.

Advertisement