Show messages by
This Post:
14411.290 in reply to 14411.289
Date: 4/3/2013 6:54:06 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
No Dispo, No Problem

The Beermen reserves crushed the mismanaged Pines City Evicerators as they dueled head to head at the Red Horse Arena to give the Red Horse Beermen their 5th consecutive win.

It was an effortless homecourt win for the Beermen against a talent-less team, and to some spectators, the game was already decided at the end of the first quarter. The Beermen dressed 7 players of which all starters have a monstrous double double performance with Gaetano Tambalo leading the way with game high 31 points and 11 rebounds. Chen Dingzong, nearly had a 5x5 feat, also played magnificent game with 30 points, 20 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 4 blocks.

The Beermen started the second half aggressively as they poured down 43 third quarter points against to only 4 for the Pines City Evicerators. The Beermen didn't slow down since then. "It's like we are having our practice shooting, they gave us wide open shots and they don't contest much of our shot inside and out." said Gaetano Tambalo in front of the reporters.

On the other hand, letting the main players off the court had the ticket sales suffered, with only 8,797 seats filled. "I'm sad to see empty seats but i really have to let my key players to skip this game. It is in preparation for our upcoming game in the Philippine Cup Tournament. I want to test our key players' skill against a top team, I hope the opposing team will suit their best players. I just hope we could catch a big fish comes game time." told coach Huck Finn. "Nevertheless, I gave the reserves a chance to show off their skills and to impress the fans. It will also help the team to build more home-based fans." he ended.

Rumor says otherwise. Johnas Dispo opted not to play in today's game due to a demand letter sent to him by his former coach at the U21 team, Lolo Smithz. A reliable source told that Dispo received the letter upon arrival from Taiwan. A lot of people, mainly Zebu Mayas employees, saw Dispo talking to Manager Lolo Smithz to settle the differences between them. Another source told that Dispo gave Lolo Smithz a souvenir from Taiwan, a jacket and a cd, as a peace offering. "Manager Lolo Smith accepted the gift but nobody knows if that flattened everything between them."

So, will Lolo Smithz tells us his side of the story? Or is this just a fabricated story?

Last edited by Huck Finn at 4/3/2013 6:54:48 AM

This Post:
14411.291 in reply to 14411.290
Date: 4/3/2013 10:44:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
"Demand letter was sent to the manager of Dispo Mr. Huck Finn for NT lobbying fees. Since Dispo got into the NT payment is demanded and Mr. Huck Finn refused to pay up. Never was Mr. Jonhas Dispo sent a demand letter. Will sue Mr. Huck Finn for libel again if he refuses to apologize for lies being peddled." said lawyer of Lolo Smithz. :P :P :P

"Jonhas Dispo and Lolo Smithz are good friends. There is nothing wrong between them. Period."

This Post:
14411.292 in reply to 14411.291
Date: 4/4/2013 8:40:58 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
BLuE Jeanz Ended The Beermen's Philippine Cup Stint

Although the Beermen played with a higher intensity, The Blue Jeans spoiled Ben Brochian's debut as a Beermen with an amazing 79-90 victory at the El Rancho Camp Thursday night.

A native of Israel, Ben Brochian was acquired by the Beermen to strengthen the team's backcourt. Before playing for the Beermen, he averages 13.8 points, 17.0 rebounds, 0.2 assist and 0.8 steal. "All in all, I am happy for what I've seen in his game tonight. I'm sure he will give us wins this season. He just lacked support from our mainstays that's why (we lost)." coach Huck Finn said. "I don't blame my players because i knew that we're facing a talent-laden team. It helps us measure our team's capacity against a better and a more talented teams. As for Johnas Dispo, I'm sure he ate a lot of dust coming from his counterpart, I hope this challenges him to improve his game a little more." he added.

The dynamic duo of Herman Botnen and Johnas Dispo was no match against the Blue Jeans. Herman Botnen showed consistency while Johnas Dispo had a hard time finding his game. "The duo combined for only 36 points, lesser to what i expected." team owner Esmund Jay Santos commented via his twitter. Red Horse Beermen officials, including coach Huck Finn, immediately left the arena after the final buzzer.

Where are they heading? Yes, to the Zebu Maya office. After Lolo Smithz broke his silence, the Red Horse Beermen were shocked to hear the news. "I thought he'd never asked a lobbying fee for our Johnas Dispo's entry in the NT. If ever I'm aware of such circumstances, I could have given him what he wanted." said coach Huck Finn. "As you can see, I was hired as head coach of the Beermen in place of our former coach, now our team manager, Red Horse at the season start. I know nothing about their agreement. I should have been informed!" he continued.

Nevertheless, the negotiation took place. Team owner Esmund Jay Santos refuses to disclose to the media the minutes of their talks with the Zebu Maya team owner.

Do the both parties have concluded their dispute, or is this just a beginning of a bigger conflict?

The Scores:
Red Horse Beermen - 79. Brochian 30, Botnen 27, Obregón 9, Dispo 9, Romallosa 2, Moravčević 2, Batang 0, Gichev 0.

BLuE Jeanz - 90. Tadeusiak 28, Cuthbert 14, Minkang 13, Chiuselli 12, Macijevskis 10, Anguiano 9, Barbagli 2, Valenzuela 2, Fren 0.

The Quarters: 26-24, 43-40, 59-66, 79-90.

Last edited by Huck Finn at 4/4/2013 11:53:08 AM

This Post:
14411.293 in reply to 14411.292
Date: 4/4/2013 8:17:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Team Mokong Organization Shake-up - 04/05/13

After sufferring 2 crushing back-to-back losses, Team Manager Moks has finally decided to take decisive action to avert disaster from befalling his beloved ball club. "This is just unacceptable, losing to a relegation team and then being handily defeated in an early cup game especially when we needed that extra 50k to cover our expenses. Let's face it, we're in Division 3 which doesn't really rake in a lot of ticket sales, so we have to be smart. Work hard but work smart!", Moks was quoted during a press conference.

The following day, Team Coach Mikey D'Antonio was fired together with Team trainer Freddy "D'Ipis" Gomes. Team Manager Moks is now assuming the day-to-day coaching duties. "We don't have a lot of money right now and we are close to becoming bankrupt, so we all have to work harder and pull our weight around here. I've led this team to a championship before and I believe we can do it again.", Moks told reporters during the team's practice sessions that morning.

Team Manager / Coach Moks believes that his team is ready for Division 2 and that the players need to stop slacking off and start working on their stamina and their free throws if they want to elevate their game.

"Sabi ni bossing ... coach .. na kelagnan ko raw magpapayat at matulog ng maaga para tumagal naman daw ako hanggang 4th quarter. Tsaka wag na daw ako laging dumisDISCARte sa mga chicks tuwing nag Free Throw para di laging sala.", Star player and NT team member Edgar "Mr. Discarte" Discar told reporters earlier.

If everything comes together as Mokong planned, Division 3.11 should brace themselves for the coming storm.

Last edited by Mokong at 4/4/2013 8:43:03 PM

This Post:
14411.294 in reply to 14411.293
Date: 4/6/2013 10:44:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just Like Old Times

Efren Montana and Wilson Toong scored 21 and 23 points respectively to lead Zebu Mayas to an easy 108 to 92 win against Juguars. Calvert Manalastaas succumbed to an early injury during the first 3 minutes of the game and Efren Montana played superbly the rest of the way. Long time fans were treated to a spectacle they long to witness again.

One fan had this to say. "I never thought I'd see the first ever draft picks of Zebu Mayas play together again and scoring at will. Its been a long time since Zebu Mayas was in the lower leagues and both Montana and Toong were the stars of this team while coming up the ranks. This is like an ominous sign of greater things to come."

Zebu Mayas owner and coach Lolo Smithz couldn't help but shed a tear when interviewed by reporters. "Seeing Wilson Toon and Efren Montana play that well together brings back memories when Zebu Mayas was still starting out. Both were integral parts of this team and the reason why we reached eague 2 in the first palce. It's a miracle they could play again after all these seasons. Maybe fate had destined them to come together to make something miraculous happen. I pray and hope that our team will be blessed to win it all at the end of the season."

This Post:
14411.295 in reply to 14411.292
Date: 4/6/2013 11:00:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In other news it seems the conflict between Zebu Mayas owner Lolo Smithz and Red Horse Beermen owner Huch Finn has increased many folds as both parties refuse to back down.

Lolo Smithz was furious at the accusations of Huck Finn of not knowing the any lobbying fees for Dispo if he does join the NT team. "Dispo was my favorite U21 player last season. I defended him vigorously even when he played badly and everyone wanted his hide. Seldom do you see a 21 yo player with such amazing skills as Dispo. Even many times National Champ Jsmoove would attest to how great Dispo would become. He even offered millions to buy Dispo which Huck Finn politely refused. That is how good Dispo is when a many time national champ and PPL champ would offer millions for him."

"My fee was very simple. All I wanted was for Mr. Huck Finn to acknowledge my efforts in getting Dispo to join the NT team. But Mr. Huck Finn seems to think he was the reason why Dispo got into the NT in the first place. Never mind I am not petty I won't be a hindrance to someones dream of making it big. Dispo deserves his spot in the NT team. Even with his current skills its only a matter of time when he replaces Abada and Dabandan as the top SF in the Pilipinas NT squad."

Message deleted
This Post:
14411.297 in reply to 14411.295
Date: 4/6/2013 7:43:01 PM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
The Beermen Rolled Past Blaze Deathstalker

With Jaume Fullana committing a crucial turnover and a clutch play by Johnas Dispo in the last 10 seconds of the game, the Beermen escaped a 107-102 victory over the Blaze Deathstalker.

"I thought it will be an easy win for us tonight. It must be that our players attitude in this game is slowed down by our recent loss against the Blue Jeanz. I apologize to our management and the fans for underestimating our tonight's opponent." told coach Huck Finn. During the first half of the game, coach Huck Finn was very calm, his mood changed drastically at the start of the second half. "I need to scold my players sometimes. I saw them slacking in the first two quarters so i have to do that kind of thing. Fortunately, it worked."

The victory cost the Beermen to lose a player due to an injury. Chow Qingwei, a reliable back-up center who started as a Power Forward tonight was fouled really hard as he goes up strong for an inside shot in the closing minutes of the game. The team's doctor, Josef Demjan, who is known for taping injuries assessed Qingwei's situation, "He was hacked mid-air and landed very badly, he obtained a broken shoulder in that play and will be out for three weeks minimum."

In the absence of Qingwei, the Beermen will rely to its Big-3. Johnas Dispo, Herman Botnen and Ben Brochian.

The Score:
Red Horse Beermen - 107. Brochian27, Dispo 26, Qingwei 24, Botnen 11, Batang 9, Dingzong 4, Romallosa 3, Moravčević 2, Gichev 1, Tambalo 0.

Blaze Deathstalker - 102. Lotrić 21, Villaret 13, Iakovou 13, Fullana 12, Pefianco 12, Walenciuk 9, La Massa 8, Aymard 7, Retana 5, Gattoni 2.

The Quarters: 26-21, 55-52, 81-70, 107-102.

This Post:
14411.298 in reply to 14411.295
Date: 4/7/2013 8:54:51 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Meanwhile, coach Huck Finn of the Red Horse Beermen seemed to be disappointed on the failed negotiation between the Zebu Mayas Team Owner and the Red Horse Beermen management. Going back, the whole of the Beermen management went to Zebu Mayas office after their game against the Blue Jeanz last Thursday to straighten whatever misunderstanding they have, the talks lasted for hours. Last night, Lolo Smith released a statement about the failed negotiation.

"I'm heavily bothered with the situation right now but at the same time, I'm happy to hear that a lot of managers have their eyes set on our very own, Johnas Dispo. I knew that he's also affected by the issue, so once and for all, i would like to make an apology to Lolo Smithz. While it is true that he helped Johnas Dispo to achieve what he's right now, I think I failed to acknowledge his efforts in getting Dispo in our NT. It is maybe because I set my focus in winning our league games, as I was hired for, and of course to further develop Dispo's skills. I may have missed to say a little "Thank You" to him but I expected Dispo already did this to him on my behalf." coach Huck Finn humbly said to the reporters. "And oh, by the way, if i may add, I would also like to thank our NT team coach, PH-cezzz for welcoming Dispo in the team. I might received yet another demand letter if i do the thanking later. And of course, to all of you who supports our team, a big Thanks to all of you!" he ended as he walk out of the press room.

This Post:
14411.299 in reply to 14411.298
Date: 4/7/2013 10:29:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lawyer of Lolo Smithz held a meeting after hearing Huck Finn's press conference and had this to say. "We are glad Mr. Huck Finn has finally acknowledged something he should have a long time ago. My client never intended to go public about this but Mr. Huck Finn was the first one to blow the issue out of proportion. As a sign of friendship Lolo Smithz has sent over ten boxes of herbal tea to Huck Finn. It's rumored Mr. Huck Finn drinks to much beer (morning, snacks, noon, snacks, dinner.... well almost 23 hours a day :P). His belly is starting to show. He needs something to detoxic himself from too much alcohol consumption so some calming herbal tea should do the trick. Hopefully it will help him to think straight again before he messes up again and gets sued to no end."

This Post:
14411.300 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 4/9/2013 10:03:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Experience Counts

Otzopuz fans went wild at the 5:27 mark of the 4th quarter when starting Zebu Mayas center Luke Rafanan fouled out of the game with Mayas leading 80 to 75 at that point. Sensing an upset the predominantly pro Otzopuz crowd at Tentacles Arena cheered their team on. Otzopuz center Milcíades Cardozo made the first free throw to make it 80 to 76 but missed the second with Rogen Jamon of Zebu Mayas corralling the defensive rebound.

Jamon ran to the opposite court in left corner then launched and made a 3 pointer which temporarily silenced the home crowd. After another missed Oztopuz shot Zebu Mayas Efren Montona saw Jamon in the right corner and passed the ball to him to convert another three pointer. The crowd grew even more silent. Another Otzopuz miss led to Jamon setting up inside the paint and lowered his shoulder and played a shot off the glass for another 2 points. It was all she wrote as Oztopuz lost morale after that led to a 21 point win by Zebu Mayas 102 to 81 in the end.

Lolo Smithz couldn't help but smile afterwards when being interviewed by reporters. "When I recruited two 34 yo's at the beginning of the season many were questioning my decision to do so. This is exactly the reason why I went with older players. Their experience shines in the 4th quarter. An 8 point explosion by Rogen Ramon today won the game for us. You can't beat veteran experience. Hopefully our veteran players will show their stuff when it is needed most in the playoffs."

When asked why trainees are getting so much playing time lately Lolo Smithz had this to say. "There is no way our team can get home court advantage throughout the playoffs with the way Fleiaz is playing right now. They are massacring their opponents each game by more than 20 points. Fleiaz are perfect this season 10-0 and I don't think anyone can beat them in our league."

"So giving my trainees ample minutes will help them train better and add to their experience which will help us in the foreseeable future. I also lack players to maintain game shape since our center Calo is injured still. We are 7-3 and have a comfortable 2 game lead over the 3rd place team of our conference so we can afford to lose a few and not worry about getting into the relegation zone again. One goal is to reach the last 8 of the cup and still be competitive enough to play for the finals."

Advertisement