Show messages by
This Post:
14411.297 in reply to 14411.295
Date: 4/6/2013 7:43:01 PM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
The Beermen Rolled Past Blaze Deathstalker

With Jaume Fullana committing a crucial turnover and a clutch play by Johnas Dispo in the last 10 seconds of the game, the Beermen escaped a 107-102 victory over the Blaze Deathstalker.

"I thought it will be an easy win for us tonight. It must be that our players attitude in this game is slowed down by our recent loss against the Blue Jeanz. I apologize to our management and the fans for underestimating our tonight's opponent." told coach Huck Finn. During the first half of the game, coach Huck Finn was very calm, his mood changed drastically at the start of the second half. "I need to scold my players sometimes. I saw them slacking in the first two quarters so i have to do that kind of thing. Fortunately, it worked."

The victory cost the Beermen to lose a player due to an injury. Chow Qingwei, a reliable back-up center who started as a Power Forward tonight was fouled really hard as he goes up strong for an inside shot in the closing minutes of the game. The team's doctor, Josef Demjan, who is known for taping injuries assessed Qingwei's situation, "He was hacked mid-air and landed very badly, he obtained a broken shoulder in that play and will be out for three weeks minimum."

In the absence of Qingwei, the Beermen will rely to its Big-3. Johnas Dispo, Herman Botnen and Ben Brochian.

The Score:
Red Horse Beermen - 107. Brochian27, Dispo 26, Qingwei 24, Botnen 11, Batang 9, Dingzong 4, Romallosa 3, Moravčević 2, Gichev 1, Tambalo 0.

Blaze Deathstalker - 102. Lotrić 21, Villaret 13, Iakovou 13, Fullana 12, Pefianco 12, Walenciuk 9, La Massa 8, Aymard 7, Retana 5, Gattoni 2.

The Quarters: 26-21, 55-52, 81-70, 107-102.

This Post:
14411.298 in reply to 14411.295
Date: 4/7/2013 8:54:51 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Meanwhile, coach Huck Finn of the Red Horse Beermen seemed to be disappointed on the failed negotiation between the Zebu Mayas Team Owner and the Red Horse Beermen management. Going back, the whole of the Beermen management went to Zebu Mayas office after their game against the Blue Jeanz last Thursday to straighten whatever misunderstanding they have, the talks lasted for hours. Last night, Lolo Smith released a statement about the failed negotiation.

"I'm heavily bothered with the situation right now but at the same time, I'm happy to hear that a lot of managers have their eyes set on our very own, Johnas Dispo. I knew that he's also affected by the issue, so once and for all, i would like to make an apology to Lolo Smithz. While it is true that he helped Johnas Dispo to achieve what he's right now, I think I failed to acknowledge his efforts in getting Dispo in our NT. It is maybe because I set my focus in winning our league games, as I was hired for, and of course to further develop Dispo's skills. I may have missed to say a little "Thank You" to him but I expected Dispo already did this to him on my behalf." coach Huck Finn humbly said to the reporters. "And oh, by the way, if i may add, I would also like to thank our NT team coach, PH-cezzz for welcoming Dispo in the team. I might received yet another demand letter if i do the thanking later. And of course, to all of you who supports our team, a big Thanks to all of you!" he ended as he walk out of the press room.

This Post:
14411.299 in reply to 14411.298
Date: 4/7/2013 10:29:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lawyer of Lolo Smithz held a meeting after hearing Huck Finn's press conference and had this to say. "We are glad Mr. Huck Finn has finally acknowledged something he should have a long time ago. My client never intended to go public about this but Mr. Huck Finn was the first one to blow the issue out of proportion. As a sign of friendship Lolo Smithz has sent over ten boxes of herbal tea to Huck Finn. It's rumored Mr. Huck Finn drinks to much beer (morning, snacks, noon, snacks, dinner.... well almost 23 hours a day :P). His belly is starting to show. He needs something to detoxic himself from too much alcohol consumption so some calming herbal tea should do the trick. Hopefully it will help him to think straight again before he messes up again and gets sued to no end."

This Post:
14411.300 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 4/9/2013 10:03:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Experience Counts

Otzopuz fans went wild at the 5:27 mark of the 4th quarter when starting Zebu Mayas center Luke Rafanan fouled out of the game with Mayas leading 80 to 75 at that point. Sensing an upset the predominantly pro Otzopuz crowd at Tentacles Arena cheered their team on. Otzopuz center MilcĂ­ades Cardozo made the first free throw to make it 80 to 76 but missed the second with Rogen Jamon of Zebu Mayas corralling the defensive rebound.

Jamon ran to the opposite court in left corner then launched and made a 3 pointer which temporarily silenced the home crowd. After another missed Oztopuz shot Zebu Mayas Efren Montona saw Jamon in the right corner and passed the ball to him to convert another three pointer. The crowd grew even more silent. Another Otzopuz miss led to Jamon setting up inside the paint and lowered his shoulder and played a shot off the glass for another 2 points. It was all she wrote as Oztopuz lost morale after that led to a 21 point win by Zebu Mayas 102 to 81 in the end.

Lolo Smithz couldn't help but smile afterwards when being interviewed by reporters. "When I recruited two 34 yo's at the beginning of the season many were questioning my decision to do so. This is exactly the reason why I went with older players. Their experience shines in the 4th quarter. An 8 point explosion by Rogen Ramon today won the game for us. You can't beat veteran experience. Hopefully our veteran players will show their stuff when it is needed most in the playoffs."

When asked why trainees are getting so much playing time lately Lolo Smithz had this to say. "There is no way our team can get home court advantage throughout the playoffs with the way Fleiaz is playing right now. They are massacring their opponents each game by more than 20 points. Fleiaz are perfect this season 10-0 and I don't think anyone can beat them in our league."

"So giving my trainees ample minutes will help them train better and add to their experience which will help us in the foreseeable future. I also lack players to maintain game shape since our center Calo is injured still. We are 7-3 and have a comfortable 2 game lead over the 3rd place team of our conference so we can afford to lose a few and not worry about getting into the relegation zone again. One goal is to reach the last 8 of the cup and still be competitive enough to play for the finals."

This Post:
14411.301 in reply to 14411.300
Date: 4/14/2013 10:40:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ulan Cantara... The Ball Hog?

It was the battle of the national team coaches Lolo Smithz of the U21 squad and PH-Cezzz of the National team as both manager paraded their top trainees in the SF position. Potential U21 candidate Manny Paranpan of Zebu Mayas had his hands full against the acknowledged star of next seasons U21 squad Ulan "Buwaya" Cantara. Ulan shredded Paranpan' sdefense and top scored for 32 points and pulled down 13 rebounds and had 3 steals and one assists but still failed to tow his team Pro Tambays to victory as they succumbed to a 92 to 69 loss.

PH-Cezzz refused to a post game interview but Lolo Smithz was very game to do so.

"We were expecting a loss as we let Paranpan start in the SF position knowing how mismatched he would be to whoever PH-Cezzz threw against him but we came out with a very surprising win in the end. We clobbered them 64 to 37 in rebounds and 38 to 24 free throws attempted. Other than Ulan Cantara his teammates seem to be just standing around and was very listless in their game play."

When asked why the mighty Pro Tambays team seemed to be doing very badly this season Lolo Smithz has this to say. "Well to be fair Pro Tambays are also training 3 players 2 for the U21 squad while one for the NT team but its still baffling why they are losing this badly. One thing about Ulan Cantara though he a very good player but is too trigger happy that many are calling him a ball hog or "buwaya" nowadays. I've noticed that already in a U21 scrimmage game that he just shoots the ball without any care for his teammates."

"At 20 yo Ulan is a star in the making but I dread what may happen next season to the U21 suqad if his shooting style won't change. Hopefully his training will make him a better player overall and his "buwaya" tag will disappear. Such a young and promising player but already showing signs of hero complex. Sad..."

This Post:
14411.302 in reply to 14411.301
Date: 4/17/2013 7:25:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
CW Management speaks up

Fans of Celestial Fury have been disappointed with the sale of Gaudioso Dabandan, the best SF playing in the Philippines. Hundreds of fans protested in front of the CW building the moment he was sold, carrying banners in protest of the sale. The sale has become a national issue, even becoming the headlines of some newspapers the following days after the transfer.

A long time fan and season ticket holder was even filmed on TV saying, "Why must the management sell him? He's a walking mismatch. They first sold Abada, now Dabandan? Bloody businessmen. I might even reconsider renewing my season ticket next season."

The management broke their silence finally in a press conference held at Shangrila Hotel in Shaw Boulevard. JSmoove, the team owner and CEO of Celestial Fury took some time off his busy schedule and adressed the fans.

"This is the best team we've had in numerous seasons, maybe even the best, and breaking it up is the hardest thing we've done. But we had to do it. He [Dabandan] was depressed when he was not included in the NT lineup. It was the only time that he is able to play with his buddy Abada and the NT staff took that away from him.", said JSmoove.

"Fans do not need to be worried, we have always been the best team in the country, and we will always be. Celestial Fury does not rebuild, we reload.", he continued.

When asked who the replacement for Dabandan will be, the owner has this to say, "We are currently looking at prospects, but the final price hasn't been agreed upon yet. Do not worry, we still have our sights on the 4th consecutive cup."

A reporter quickly asked, "There is a lot of rumor that you want to sign former U21 player Dispo. The fans see Abada in him in the way he lead the Pilipinas U21 to the Asian Championship games. Is there any truth in this?" JSmoove smiled and simply said, "His current manager has been stubborn about the matter. We inquired about him [Dispo ]and the manager wanted 8 million for him. He deserves to be in a mental institution." The crowd erupted in laughter. "We do not ask players to be part of the team, players demand to be with us. It will only be a matter of time.", he continued. "Enjoy the Heat buffet! See you when he lift the Cup trophy.", he said before leaving the hotel.

Later that day, Dabandan said this in an ambush interview before his flight, "The NT team chose Dispo over me?! He's half the player that I am. I have played in B3 games before he was even out of his diapers.", he laughed. "It is mental to think that he's the one replacing Abada in the lineup. I saw the game last Monday and i was laughing hysterically every time he was on the floor. The opposing SF was toying with him. You do not win with boys, you win with men. They deserved to lose.", Dabandan said while boarding the plane.

This Post:
14411.303 in reply to 14411.302
Date: 4/18/2013 5:00:19 AM
Red Horse Beermen
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
After watching the press conference of the CW management held at the Shangrila Hotel in Shaw Boulevard, Coach Huck Finn reacted to the accusation of the CW CEO and Team Owner JSmoove. Coach Huck Finn called the attention of the Sagad™ Gazette, news branch of the Red Horse Beermen, to air his side on the issue. The conversation happened at the coach office inside the Red Horse Arena.

Immediately, Coach Huck Finn opened his mouth "It is evident in his press conference, CW manager wanted to acquire the services of our very own Johnas Dispo, but the Red Horse Beermen management including me refused to just throw Dispo away. Not in a ball club like the CW who doesn't give importance to its players." he calmly said. "While it is true that I offered him (JSmoove) 8 million for Dispo's transfer, I'm glad that he turned down the offer because I don't want to lose Dispo in the first place. I only asked that huge sum to disappoint him and to finally put an end of his fantasies over Dispo." he continued. "As a matter of fact, WE, I and JSmoove, deserved to be in a mental institution, I being his doctor and him being my patient. How could he say that he do not ask players to be in their team when he always dream of signing Dispo in his team!" Coach Huck Finn's voice rises as he grab a cup of herbal tea for two from Lolo Smithz. "As long as I am the coach, I will do my best to keep Johnas Dispo in the team."

Meanwhile, Johnas Dispo was hurt over what Dabandan said in his interview. Through phone, Johnas Dispo retaliated, "I may not be as good as you are now, but I am trying my best to become just like you if not better than you. Please don't boast your achievements as your ball club does not. Someday, all your fans will forget your achievements and will be remembered as a player junked by his ball club. I have nothing against you but please think about this, if your beloved team whom you gave trophies dropped you, you are already a useless junk. So, what would the NT team needed a useless junk for? My bad, sorry for my words, anyway, enjoy playing on your new team."

SexyCandy Demata
Sagad™ Gazette

Last edited by Huck Finn at 4/18/2013 6:52:52 AM

This Post:
14411.304 in reply to 14411.303
Date: 4/18/2013 8:31:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Blades score upset with win over BLuE Jeanz to advance in Cup

Philippine National Tournament Round 6
BLuE Jeanz @ Bacoor Blades
19:41

The Bacoor Blades used a third quarter barrage to survive their first major challenge in the National Tournament with a victory over BLuE Jeanz, 79-69 in front of a rowdy and raucous crowd at The Bacoor Forum to advance to the next round of the tournament.

An ugly game from the get-go, it looked like BLuE Jeanz would begin to slowly wrest the game following a 19-11 first quarter in their favor. But the Blades managed to get baskets from their top guys to make the comeback in the second quarter off perimeter baskets from Mark Louis Hugos and Iliya Dimov that led to the Blades being able to manage to even take the lead at the interval, 30-29.

But the third quarter began to tell the story as the game began to open up from beyond the three point line for the Blades. Led by Pedro Horcasitas and Iliya Dimov, who were able to convert from the great beyond as they won the quarter again to make it 56-47 entering the final canto.

The early stages of the fourth saw the Blades pad on the lead to as much as 19 at one point, 70-51. But a comeback attempt was staged by BLuE Jeanz off baskets by Dobrogost Tadeusiak and Enrique Anguiano. But the Blades were able to quell the run before it meant a game turnaround as Horcasitas nailed key baskets down the stretch as well as the solid play of the young backups Laurence Lacambra and Chester Maynard as they held the fort when Paul and Genco were on the bench.

"What can I say. The rest worked." said team manager TheDogMan, talking about the rest he gave four of his starters in preparation for this game. "They wanted a win like this in a long, long time. They couldn't get these types of win that often back in Division III. So for them to be able to manage to beat a team within the country's top 100, not to mention a former PPL team at that. tells the development of the players as a cohesive unit."

Horcasitas topscored for the Bacoor side with 18 points. Dimov, who struggled on the field still managed to put up 15 markers, while the duo of Paul and Genco had double-double performances of 13 and 12 and 13 and 11 respectively. Hugos ended up with 12.

"It was an exhausting game. It takes a toll on you to have games of this magnitude." said the 6'8" Spaniard Horcasitas, who received a standing ovation after the game from the Bacoor faithful "But if you win, all the pain just melts away."

This marks the end of the first half of this big game weekend for the Blades as they face the Big 8 top seed Citta Italia Rangers in their other big game this Saturday in a battle of the undefeated teams in League IV.43.

This Post:
14411.305 in reply to 14411.303
Date: 4/18/2013 11:05:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Celestial management sent its press secretary to answer the remarks of a certain manager regarding Dabandan.

"Let me be clear, Gaudioso is a Celestial legend. He will be elected into our glorious hall of fame someday. He has made his mark against the best teams in the Phillipines and worldwide, and has won multiple cup and PPL trophies. As for Huck Finn, he's just known as Dispo's owner, nothing more.", said the secretary.

"He's [Dispo] 22 now, and in league III. He will probably be in his late 30's if his current team reaches the PPL, and that's a big if. Meanwhile, we would have won more Cup and PPL trophies as his team has won division championships.", he continued.

When asked whether the team is afraid of facing the Beermen team in the future, he has this to say, "Are they even in the cup? We just know them as a team in the lower divisions. Celestial are at the pinnacle of Philippine basketball. Teams dread playing us. If our teams eventually clash, we will dominate Dispo so much that he would wish that he's part of our bench at the end of the game. "

This Post:
14411.306 in reply to 14411.305
Date: 4/19/2013 12:05:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gaudioso Dabandan was found sipping vodka in the practice court of his new team in Ukraine. Reporters quickly pounced on him for an ambush interview regarding the word war between his former employer Jsmoove of Celestial Wrath and Huck Finn of Red Horse Beermen.

"You want me to comment on that stone cold heartless former employer of mine Jsmoove?" laughed Dabandan. "That SOB is piece of work. He has no loyalty whatsoever to his players even those who have helped him win all those cups and trophies and has made him the most successful team owner in the Philippines."

"When Abada was sold many seasons ago I already knew I would be discarded when the time comes Jsmoove would have no use of me anymore. Basketball is a business I get it but sometimes as an owner you also have to value your players especially homegrown ones who can give you multiple championships even when we are in our mid 30's. Abada and I would have given him multiple championships if that SOB didn't break up our tandem just because Abada was getting old and he wouldn't have gotten anything of value from him anymore."

"But that is just the nature of SOB Jsmoove. To him everything is just a commodity for him to win. It is what makes him successful as many people say. I just hope karma will bite him in seasons to come. By then I'll my laughing my butt of his misfortune."

"As for that rash young upstart Huck Finn, his player Dispo maybe the next coming of me and Abada he still have many bowls of rice to consume before he can even be mentioned in the league of two of the best SF in the Philippines ever. Wait your time Mr. Huck Finn coz Fate and Destiny has a funny way of educating swollen heads like you. And if Dispo wants a one on one match I'm game anytime. Let's see who is the "Useless Junk" as he aptly called me. Loser much."

"And oh I forgot to mention. His player Dispo isn't the kind of player to pass the ball. Another hero complex kind of player in the Pilipinas National Team. Good riddance I'm not part of that team anymore. I think I'll be banging my head every time I see the "Buwayas" force their shots." Dabandan ended the ambush interview with a tongue sticking out.

Last edited by Lolo Smithz at 4/19/2013 12:11:15 AM

This Post:
14411.307 in reply to 14411.306
Date: 4/19/2013 7:34:06 AM
Talisay Lechoneros
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
this whole story is getting worth it! xD seems to be a best selling novel for me now! xD

Advertisement