BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Bankrupcy - a different approach?

Bankrupcy - a different approach?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
166395.3 in reply to 166395.1
Date: 12/17/2010 6:23:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that there could be something in case of illness holiday and so on. I personally play this game second time over again just because I was out of civilisation for a 6 months. Perhaps this is very long time for any kind of solution, but I wonder if wouldnt be great to thinkout something like you do.

This Post:
166395.4 in reply to 166395.2
Date: 12/17/2010 9:21:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I spoke of the effect on the league merely as a bi-effect. It is not important. The important issue is to prevent people from leaving the game. If people are inactive they are kicked anyway (and you get a similar effect on the league). My suggestion is to keep a possibility to get back into the game, rather than cutting the cord completely after 2 weeks. It would prevent the total destruction of the team, which seems to be the case now.

This Post:
166395.6 in reply to 166395.5
Date: 12/17/2010 11:06:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still dont see the point. Before the -500k mark, there is time to make some moves.

It just seems ridiculous that the 500k mark is the same for a DIV I powerhouse and a DIV V team full of scrubs.

In my opinion there should be some relation to the value of a team, 500k debt to a team stacked with players worth a few dozen millions is loughable - the same amount of debt would be a disaster for a team in the minor leagues.

This Post:
166395.7 in reply to 166395.6
Date: 12/17/2010 12:51:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It just seems ridiculous that the 500k mark is the same for a DIV I powerhouse and a DIV V team full of scrubs.

In my opinion there should be some relation to the value of a team, 500k debt to a team stacked with players worth a few dozen millions is loughable - the same amount of debt would be a disaster for a team in the minor leagues.

True, that's another dimension to it. However, a minor league team would not that easily go into 500k debt though, while it's quite the oposite for a team with a large payroll.

Again, my main point is to avoid people leaving the game because of this. I don't have any data of how big of a problem that is (people leaving after bankrupcy), however the BBs surely must have.

This Post:
166395.9 in reply to 166395.8
Date: 12/17/2010 8:51:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If we except the famous ill-case, is bankruptcy not a sign of mismanaging ?

I think there could occur situations where going into debt might even be the best possible move a manager can do - going over the cap/into debt to get a championship team, or to reach promotion, for examle.

This Post:
166395.11 in reply to 166395.10
Date: 12/18/2010 7:07:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Finally, I don't think yours situations are the same like Borislav's situations

Borislav's team is not the team on the line. He just hate to lose a fellow BB player. Just pointing out that he is not crying for his own sick mother.

In competitive leagues you often have to balance around the 0$ mark to stay in division. Some time it could happen that the circumstances makes a team go into bankruptcy even if the manager tries to avoid it (but also trying to evade relegation). If the manager does not take action in due time, (because of commitment to the players, league, whatever), he should still not be sent packing. It is disheartening at the very least to get all of your players listed at the same time, on top of that in a low market would be the utter destruction of a team and the managers spirits. You could argue that he buy and sells in the same market, but his players listed at 0$ probably goes below their value, and the correct concoction of players takes a lot of time to put together. Also, the right player only comes along every now and then.

Perhaps an option could be to give teams more time with age. For instance (starting with the best paid players)
1. season - all the team listed
2. season - 3/4 the team listed
3. season - half the team listed
4. season - 1/3 the team listed
5-7. seasons - 2 players listed
8+ seasons - 1 player listed

This would reflect their die hard fan base developed over years and years with blood sweat and tears, and the enterprises credibility with the bank. Thinking that managers are unable to change is an adamant approach. Perhaps they have been in an economical unbalance, but they may actually have attained enough experience to prevent it happening again.

If they go bancrupt again they are treated as the step above, increasing the consequences if they don't take action.

This Post:
166395.13 in reply to 166395.12
Date: 12/18/2010 2:25:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One challenge with this topic is that the managers that loses their will to play because of this doesn't get a say on the subject, if they decide to quit, so we may not see a lot of discussion. However I believe Borislav are making a good point and hope this won't fade away without considering if there are enough reason to tweak the bankruptcy conditions.

Advertisement