Suggestions > Injuries in WalkOvers

Injuries in WalkOvers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
177287.4 in reply to 177287.3
Date: 3/12/2011 8:09:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not a bug!You get training from a walkover so you are also take the risk of an injury!
I think it's fair :)

I understand that you get the risk of injury, but the risk of injury should only apply to the minutes received in the boxscore.
I received 12 minutes for that player, so that player should only be able to be injured in the first 12 minutes.
You can't make the player play 40 minutes and have them be injured even though they were only meant to play 12 minutes.

Not fair at all.

This Post:
177287.5 in reply to 177287.2
Date: 3/12/2011 8:10:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is not a bug. Should I move it to suggestions forum?

And please use some better title next time ;)

I thought it would get more attention in the bug forum ;)
And yes I will try to use a better title next time, and hopefully they try to use better logic in their programming. gah!

This Post:
177287.6 in reply to 177287.5
Date: 3/12/2011 8:22:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

And even though the suggestions forum will be the correct one to post ;)

edit:
And changed the title

Last edited by alexFerguson at 3/12/2011 8:25:05 AM

This Post:
177287.8 in reply to 177287.6
Date: 3/12/2011 8:45:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

And even though the suggestions forum will be the correct one to post ;)

edit:
And changed the title

This Post:
177287.9 in reply to 177287.7
Date: 3/12/2011 8:48:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are missing the point, if my player played for 12 minutes and got an injury WITHIN those 12 minutes, then I agree you have a point.

But you can't give my player 12 minutes in the box score, and then make him play more than 12 minutes and give him an injury AFTER his first 12 minutes.

In essence, the chance of injury is applied to all 40 minutes played, even though only 12 minutes was shown on the boxscore.
So an injury shouldn't be able to occur after the 12 minutes.

It is unfair and should be changed.

This Post:
177287.11 in reply to 177287.10
Date: 3/12/2011 10:53:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the walkover never happened, then why did the game-viewer during the walkover tell me that my player got fouled.

The game-viewer runs the game, and simply sets the scores at the end to 25-0.
And so my player was still injured during the 4th quarter of the match.
And that is what I am saying should be changed.

If a BB says that the chance of injury was only possible for 12 minutes, then fine I simply got unlucky, but if the chance of injury for the player was possible for the entire match then that is a flaw in the programming and should be changed.

This Post:
177287.12 in reply to 177287.11
Date: 3/13/2011 3:49:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
in fact this is what happens:

you get a walk over from the competition team in your league, they don't show up.

but your fans have payd to view a game, so your players play a game. An exhibition game, against a team your scedule organiser has arranged for your team, especially for these cases. In that game they can get injured.

That is what happened.

training is executed on a diffrent day. On training day, only the players who played the selected positions will be called in the training gym and will get the training they are entitled to have, based on the minutes they played that week + the minutes they are granted due to walk overs (as exhibition games don't give training minutes, only cup games, league games and scrimmages give training minutes).

I know it's not what you want to hear, and you will probably fight this theory and claim it's not how it works, but there is no-one who can claim how it DOES work (except BBs), so my theory is as valid as anyone elses. ;รพ
Besides, whichever the real right theory is, is unimportant, as the result will stay the same. ;)

I know you are upset, and I do understand the reasoning, but if we start by analysing how training is supposed to happen, then there is a lot more that is not right and seems like rubbish, and I never heard anyone complaint about that.

The system is as it is, and it's the same for everyone. And if this realy needs to be changed because of this incident, I'll vote to have walk-overs be 25-0 and no minutes as there is no game played,
because that will make the most sense to me.
It would be against my pronciples to claim something irrealistic needs to change (more minutes played then training received), only to change it in something else irrealistic (no game played, yet players get 36 and 12 minutes of play, and liekwise injurypossibility).

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
177287.13 in reply to 177287.12
Date: 3/13/2011 4:07:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the response, but I am not saying that I want minutes for training or anything like that.
I would rather they change it to what you said, and give me a 25-0 win and have no minutes as there is no game played.
I just think it is stupid that my players get injured in a walkover.

You mentioned in your theory that because it is a walkover my team plays an exhibition game, but what I want to know is whether the BBs make this game last for 48 minutes?

It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say so not sure if you understand but I'll try it differently.

My players were lined up as the backup and reserve spaces for each position and I left the starter position blank because I didn't want the extra minutes.
As a result in the boxscore my players all got 12 minutes each (10 minutes for backup + 2 minutes for reserve).
In addition, one of my players was injured.

Now what I want to know, is that when the BBs try to calculate the chance of an injury occuring to one of my players during this walkover, do they calculate the probability of an injury over the 12 minutes I chose, or do they test the probability over the entire 48 minutes of the match.

If they test the probability of an injury occuring over the entire 48 minutes of the match then it is highly unfair to my players because the chance of injury is greater than the amount of minutes they are actually playing.

Hope that makes sense.

Advertisement