Bugs, bugs, bugs > unfair trade during server problems

unfair trade during server problems

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
21150.3 in reply to 21150.2
Date: 3/26/2008 4:13:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also, it looks like some transfer deadlines were extended, but not all.

Extending the transfer deadline must be done for all players or it is unfair.

I have been watching three comparable players and had bid on the one with the soonest closing time. Now, because the deadline has not been extended the player that I had bid on is now closing last, and I can't bid on the other two players that I was interested in because my money is tied up and I might end up with both players.

I really can't understand the logic to extending only some of the players....

This Post:
21150.4 in reply to 21150.3
Date: 3/26/2008 4:39:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I appreciate the front page apology, but why not just take the site down? It must be better than everyone trying to log in just to get booted out or not be able to navigate any of the pages….

We all know that the BB team are doing their uptmost… I’d rather it went offline till the problems were fixed rather than appear from the outset everything is fine when it clearly isn’t…

this is the first time i have logged in successfully for a while and I had trouble up to 2 hours ago.. bidding is near on impossible.... i would hope that the clock is just reset for everyone and we all move on...

This Post:
21150.5 in reply to 21150.4
Date: 3/26/2008 4:41:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
they can't just shut the site down since they are still waiting for the other server to arrive. i can understand shutting down a web site for a day, but for a number of days that would be too much to ask.

This Post:
21150.6 in reply to 21150.5
Date: 3/26/2008 4:54:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well yes, keep it running (if lucky one maybe managed to adjust some settings for the next game or watch the standings etc).
but all transfers should have been disabled for the time when bidding does not work almost at all.
i guess i'm just lucky i did not have any good players on sale with bidding ending today, the players would have been sold for nothing, would have lost a lot...

now finally bidding seems to be running ok.

This Post:
21150.7 in reply to 21150.6
Date: 3/26/2008 5:52:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am sure they have everything under control.

I put in a bid (and won) for a player earlier today, but they player is not on my team, meaning that the player will probably be relisted. Hopefully, I will get the money back.

This Post:
21150.8 in reply to 21150.7
Date: 3/27/2008 1:23:37 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
we stopped the transfers from happening as soon as we were aware the problem was serious and wasn't going to be immediately solved.. that might have been a few hours. We then moved all the transfers back which went off during that time the transfer scheduler is down. I am sure we didn't get all the transfers that were affected by the downtime, but reversing those few is probably going to cause more of a headache than it is worth.

This Post:
21150.9 in reply to 21150.8
Date: 3/27/2008 7:12:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can´t agree with you. Yesterday Ii tried again and again to bit a player and I was successful. So I don´t know why I shoul be punished when I did much more then other player who gave up it immidiately. Now I will not have a time to make bits so that player will gone.

But OK, mass is mass.

This Post:
21150.10 in reply to 21150.9
Date: 3/27/2008 10:20:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can´t agree with you. Yesterday Ii tried again and again to bit a player and I was successful. So I don´t know why I shoul be punished when I did much more then other player who gave up it immidiately. Now I will not have a time to make bits so that player will gone.

But OK, mass is mass.

If only a select few can access the site, then where is the fairness in that?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

This Post:
21150.11 in reply to 21150.3
Date: 3/27/2008 10:32:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that this should be extended cause I by myself lost few bids because of this not expected mass...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
21150.12 in reply to 21150.10
Date: 3/27/2008 12:38:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, but I spend 3 hours to buy these players and that is lost time for me. It ´s not fair too...but I have to agree if I was selling my players I would be angry for that.

So I agree with return all trades.

This Post:
21150.13 in reply to 21150.12
Date: 3/27/2008 3:17:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a problem and would much appreciate if the BBs could fix it :-)

This evening the player I had bid on appeared in my roster. Therefore I decided my starting C (Giulio Zampaglione) was no longer needed, and placed him on the market. Now I discover that the player I bought is no longer in my roster (he again appears with a deadline of 26/3, frozen)...

I have no problem with this player coming in and out of my roster, but I think it would only be fair if the player I placed on the TL was also removed from it otherwise (and if someone makes a bid) I would be penalized for something I am not responsible for (I would find myself without a good C right before my tournament final)!

PS: making the last offer on your own player is not a solution because by doing so you do not “keep” him but “sell and buy” him which means: 1) you lose money from the selling (tax) and 2) the profit you would make from another selling goes back to 80% as for all newly bought players (compared to the 97% he is right now), which means more money lost!

Advertisement