Bugs, bugs, bugs > Log of Account Acess

Log of Account Acess

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268835.3 in reply to 268835.2
Date: 4/15/2015 5:43:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess. But even if I didn't, wouldn't that mean that my default lineup would go to the game instead of a blank one? When I go set a lineup for my scrimmage tommorow, I get my default lineup loaded.

I contacted a brazilian GM and he sent me my log account, nothing wrong there. Now I'm completely lost on what could've happened.

Last edited by Rafa Silva at 4/15/2015 5:51:55 PM

This Post:
268835.4 in reply to 268835.3
Date: 4/15/2015 5:55:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess. But even if I didn't, wouldn't that mean that my default lineup would go to the game instead of a blank one? When I go set a lineup for my scrimmage tommorow, I get my default lineup loaded.

I contacted a brazilian GM and he sent me my log account, nothing wrong there. Now I'm completely lost on what could've happened.

Did you maybe set a lineup for a game that was later deleted and replaced with a new one? I know they had to recalculate standings and playoff matchups a lot, especially in the Western Hemisphere, so if for example you set your lineup for a playoff game against Team A, but then the correction deleted that game and put you against Team B, that lineup was gone but there was still a record in the lineup submission table that says you submitted one? I don't know how the BB database is set up but that seems like a possible scenario at least.

I'd post on"wrong lineup used" thread (26712.1) to see if BB-Marin can identify a specific cause. I doubt there's anything that can be done to correct the situation that has already occurred, unfortunately, but maybe your situation can help prevent this from happening again in the future.

Last edited by GM-hrudey at 4/15/2015 5:56:28 PM

This Post:
268835.5 in reply to 268835.4
Date: 4/15/2015 8:40:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe that was the cause. By the time I've set my lineup on monday there were some people on a brazilian facebook group saying that the playoffs games wasn't available for them. The recalculation must've happened after that and a bad database entry could've messed with my lineup.

I'll definitely post on that thread. Logging in to see by how much I've won and seeing a 50-0 was a horrible feeling, hope I can help prevent it from happening on the future. I'll try to have good sportmanship about the 3 games I missed on revenue and pretend my players decided to not play and protest on a humanitarian cause or something.

Thanks for the help man.

This Post:
268835.6 in reply to 268835.5
Date: 4/16/2015 4:08:04 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
This is exactly what happened. I am very sorry about it and feel very bad. I'm trying to think if we could have done more to prevent this but at the time, it was a miracle we managed to sort out the matches before the playoffs started at all. I guess when this sort of thing happens we can's stress enough doublechecking the lineups. Again, sorry about what happened.

This Post:
268835.7 in reply to 268835.5
Date: 4/16/2015 9:10:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe that was the cause. By the time I've set my lineup on monday there were some people on a brazilian facebook group saying that the playoffs games wasn't available for them. The recalculation must've happened after that and a bad database entry could've messed with my lineup.

I'll definitely post on that thread. Logging in to see by how much I've won and seeing a 50-0 was a horrible feeling, hope I can help prevent it from happening on the future. I'll try to have good sportmanship about the 3 games I missed on revenue and pretend my players decided to not play and protest on a humanitarian cause or something.

Thanks for the help man.

It's definitely rough, and to have it happen in a playoff game in particular is disheartening. I've had some games where I've forgotten to set lineups the past couple of seasons, especially in Utopia, and having a default lineup has helped somewhat (though of course the 96 minutes for the top two trainees was a lingering reminder of my negligence). I think there was once where I thought I had set a lineup and was surprised to see my default one being used, but this scenario is just one that's out of what is usually expected. Thank you for approaching it the way you have, and hopefully you get a huge dose of BB karma on your side next season.

This Post:
268835.8 in reply to 268835.6
Date: 4/16/2015 9:51:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No problem, thanks BB-Marin and GM-hrudey for the help. I'll start triplechecking my lineups next season, especially when playoff times comes again haha. Don't feel bad man, just keep your awesome work with this game.

This Post:
268835.9 in reply to 268835.8
Date: 4/20/2015 1:24:55 PM
Skene Outlaws
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
+1 to you, for your true winner mentality! Unexpected problem detected - explanation and apology recived - you accept the explanation and apology, and move on, no whining. These kind of reactions are hard to come by these days, epecially on the anonymous internet. Well played!