Help - English > Minutes

Minutes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
38175.3 in reply to 38175.1
Date: 7/6/2008 5:14:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Needless to say, this really bothers me: I'd like to use some of my top guys to start two games in a single week, but it's becoming impossible to do so without overplaying them.

Unless you want to put your players at a training position, I see no problem with starting at least some of your 40-48 minute guys in a second match as well. I do this routinely and generally have good game shapes. Of course, the risk of injury is then higher for these key guys.

How do I manage to get between 25 and 40 minutes of play out of my starters?

I didn't check your team, so this may not apply - but the most obvious solution is to get better subs who are almost as good as your starters. I have such players for most positions and even then, I haven't found a way to guarantee more equal minutes for my players. If you can't manage the minutes, you may need to start considering how you want to spread the minutes each week in the "worst case scenario" (e.g, each starter plays 48 minutes) to win as many games as possible. This is no solution to your problem, but helps your team.

This Post:
38175.4 in reply to 38175.2
Date: 7/6/2008 5:16:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
my starters are not that much better than my reserves, I believe that helps.

Yep, this seems to be the key for most games.

This Post:
38175.5 in reply to 38175.4
Date: 7/6/2008 7:54:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
my starters are not that much better than my reserves, I believe that helps.

Yep, this seems to be the key for most games.

indeed. So far I saw only 2 reasons for not wanting to put in subs and that is either the sub is not good enoug, or his skills are good enough but his game shape is realy bad.

Another trick that might work if you have big diffrence in subs and starters is to always play high paces. This tires your starters quicker, which might give your subs more minutes, and it also gives higher points in games, if you are better then your opponent you will lead by 20 in the last quarter and then your coach will bench your starters and let your back-ups play as long as they can keep up the good lead.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38175.7 in reply to 38175.6
Date: 7/7/2008 3:45:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The thing is I've played for three season and I've really tried just about everything (I play fast paced (with Look Inside), I put guys as subs that were about as strong, or better, than the starter) but all to no avail. The standard thing I get is like 42 mins for the starter and 6 for the sub.

Btw, do you get these extreme minutes in all your games or mostly in close games? Your players' stamina has some effect and it may be more pronounced in close games, where the coach would prefer to play the starters more.

To: Coco
This Post:
38175.8 in reply to 38175.6
Date: 7/7/2008 11:05:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it is that the players have pretty good stamina. When I first started, and had lackluster stamina, I think I had better rotation - but that just mean my starter was getting gassed.

At several of my positions, my top two players are pretty close to each other in ability. I can reverse the two and it doesn't end up that much different.

My starting PF will play about the same amount of minutes, even if I reverse the two.

My SG I can do it one way, and the starter will dominate (45-3). But I can reverse the two and it might end up 33-15. In this case, the one SG has slightly better outside skills, but not by much.

Game shape appears to also have a big effect. I've managed to get 10 players for strong/prominent, but I'm having trouble getting minutes for the others. Because of their GS, they don't like to come into the game so I can't build up their GS.

Maybe BB will need to make players tire faster, so that their performance will decline enough that a fresher player will outperform them.

This Post:
38175.10 in reply to 38175.9
Date: 7/8/2008 5:29:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i have different problem...my three trainees need to play 48 minutes to get training, but it's impossible because always one trainee play less than 48 min

This Post:
38175.11 in reply to 38175.10
Date: 7/9/2008 2:48:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
my three trainees need to play 48 minutes to get training, but it's impossible because always one trainee play less than 48 min

Do you mean you train only one position (e.g., PG)? It's pretty much impossible to give three guys full training in a single position. What you can do is set each guy as the starter, back-up, and reserve for a single game and use the strictly follow depth chart order. Your players will get tired and you may have nasty surprises in case of injuries or foul trouble, but that's pretty much what you need to do if you want 48 minutes for three guys in a single position. Or make the BBB. :-)