Suggestions > dual-positions

dual-positions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
189547.30 in reply to 189547.29
Date: 7/19/2011 8:39:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Still you have misread Knechts proposal. He has been talking about "neighbour positions" since the beginning. So a PF "could" only get a PF / SF or a PF / C in his system.

So that´s like Knecht proposing the hair colour to be red / brown / blonde/ black and you keep insisting that there´s different kinds of green in the real world.

Last edited by LA-seelenjaeger at 7/19/2011 8:40:04 AM

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
189547.31 in reply to 189547.30
Date: 7/19/2011 9:30:19 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
I didn't misread anything, but probably you did.
There was argument between him and docend, that there are players that are close to play on 2 positions that are not "neighbour". And Knechts doesn't believe there are such a players. So I just confirmed there are.
I really don't care about this suggestion as I usualy don't use best position for filtering players on TL as it's not too usefull I usually filter players mainly by skills, age, potential ...

Last edited by rwystyrk at 7/19/2011 9:31:08 AM

This Post:
189547.32 in reply to 189547.31
Date: 7/19/2011 10:57:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There was argument between him and docend, that there are players that are close to play on 2 positions that are not "neighbour". And Knechts doesn't believe there are such a players. So I just confirmed there are.

The player docend is thinking of (point guard center) and that seelenjäger has posted the skill, does not exist in this game. Thats my statement! I give out three months supporter to the first person that shows me such a guy.

The player you posted would be a "Forward" (somewhat LeBron type of player) and I guess you would agree that LeBron would rather be labeled as a Forward that as a Point Guard-Small Forward.

I honor your patriotism, but please dont support every nonsense just because you share a common flag.

This Post:
189547.34 in reply to 189547.30
Date: 7/19/2011 11:27:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Still you have misread Knechts proposal. He has been talking about "neighbour positions" since the beginning. So a PF "could" only get a PF / SF or a PF / C in his system.

So that´s like Knecht proposing the hair colour to be red / brown / blonde/ black and you keep insisting that there´s different kinds of green in the real world.

Suggestion naturally brings up talk abotu practical its impact. Those I see is
1) easier scouting
2) problematic positions of atypical and all-around players, potentially confusing some users and making roster "sorted by" a bit odd
3) meaningless dual positons displayed for most of the bordering players, which is in itself nice, but everybody sould know their players at first place (for others see 1) ) and only advantage aside from being nice or neat is better result of rosters sorted by postions in ideal world which would however bring more problems than benefit - you have to design things to work in all cases not just most often or typical

This Post:
189547.35 in reply to 189547.32
Date: 7/19/2011 11:31:30 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
From docend message
How should players between PG and C or PG and PF be displayed? Or even players with more than 3 positions (salary wise)?

So he mentioned also PG/PF or tripple position what is exactly player I mentioned. In addition the player has also 60k C calculation which is not so far away form 81k for PG. So I can really imagine PG/C player even if would be more like PG/SG/SF/PF/C player.
I honor your patriotism, but please dont support every nonsense just because you share a common flag.

Absolutely no need to be offensive ... it has nothing to do with patriotism. If there are nonsenses of czech users I can't really support them, but probably nonsense in this thread wrote different users ;-)

Last edited by rwystyrk at 7/19/2011 11:33:45 AM

This Post:
189547.36 in reply to 189547.32
Date: 7/19/2011 11:37:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

The player docend is thinking of (point guard center) and that seelenjäger has posted the skill, does not exist in this game. Thats my statement! I give out three months supporter to the first person that shows me such a guy.

The player you posted would be a "Forward" (somewhat LeBron type of player) and I guess you would agree that LeBron would rather be labeled as a Forward that as a Point Guard-Small Forward.

lol;
1) I think you said supporter for PG/PF too right? Still I don't care, I don't need it.
2) We just happen to both know that player (at least one such player I am sure of, there has to be more) - your attempt to play a national card is pathetic
3) I was talking about BB players I didn't care abotu their nba player comparisons, but no, not really similar to LeBron no matter how you interpret BB skills
-> if I'd want to give you a real life example, Boris Diaw comes to mind - point forward, startign as a playmaking guard in the league, now playing power forward and center for Charlotte Bobcats (team I follow a lot so don't try to argue what kind of player he is now).

To: red
This Post:
189547.38 in reply to 189547.37
Date: 7/19/2011 11:55:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wont argue what kind of player Diaw is, I will just argue that he sucks =)

I am not gonna argue with that =)

LeBron i think wouldn't be (close to) a PG in BB, cause high JS etc.

To: red
This Post:
189547.40 in reply to 189547.39
Date: 7/19/2011 12:25:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't rank his passing that high, but this would be up to off topic debate - I'm a hater =)

Advertisement