Suggestions > Fan mood- new team stat for anti-tanking

Fan mood- new team stat for anti-tanking

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
219104.30 in reply to 219104.28
Date: 6/12/2012 9:58:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe it is not broken, but i don't like the priorities too.

But i also doubt the hattrick system is better, but it can definately get tweaked and i would be happpy if the BB do it with less effect on the last game and some differences betwen win and lose.

This Post:
219104.31 in reply to 219104.30
Date: 6/12/2012 10:04:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

But i also doubt the hattrick system is better, but it can definately get tweaked and i would be happpy if the BB do it with less effect on the last game and some differences betwen win and lose.

I don't think the priorities are problematic, or the effect of the last game are too large. Last game is one of eight components of the fan survey. A single game, by itself, will typically have a fairly small effect on the fan mood in aggregate.

To give you an example, I just came back from 3 seasons of inactivity, which means i basically was dead last in the league last season, and had to replace my entire roster. I've won every single game this season, and my fan survey is at 3.5 balls with little prospects of going above this for the remainder of the season.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219104.32 in reply to 219104.31
Date: 6/12/2012 10:12:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I don't think the priorities are problematic, or the effect of the last game are too large. Last game is one of eight components of the fan survey. A single game, by itself, will typically have a fairly small effect on the fan mood in aggregate.

To give you an example, I just came back from 3 seasons of inactivity, which means i basically was dead last in the league last season, and had to replace my entire roster. I've won every single game this season, and my fan survey is at 3.5 balls with little prospects of going above this for the remainder of the season.

yeah the fan bonus, for championship and demotion is big imho it is bigger then the effect on the survey seem to tell you a rather good sesaon without a title may give you still 4-5 ball but the difference is huge.

Also the difference of a lost last game is much bigger, then of any other point in the survey.

So we can see what important for the fans, but there are also difference priority for the number of visitors then just the average of all those points. If i tell it like that it sound indeed broke ;)

This Post:
219104.33 in reply to 219104.30
Date: 6/12/2012 10:15:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but it can definately get tweaked and i would be happpy if the BB do it with less effect on the last game and some differences betwen win and lose.

+1

This Post:
219104.34 in reply to 219104.32
Date: 6/12/2012 10:19:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah the fan bonus, for championship and demotion is big imho it is bigger then the effect on the survey seem to tell you a rather good sesaon without a title may give you still 4-5 ball but the difference is huge.
Demotion/promotion bonuses and game attendance are two different things, really. You'll have less season ticket holders and therefore less attendance if you demote (and vice versa if you promote). However, individual game attendance will also vary depending on the overall fan survey.

Also the difference of a lost last game is much bigger, then of any other point in the survey.
You realize that the last game is pretty much the only thing that changes between each calculation of the fan survey, right?

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 6/12/2012 10:19:28 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219104.35 in reply to 219104.34
Date: 6/12/2012 10:27:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Demotion/promotion bonuses and game attendance are two different things, really. You'll have less season ticket holders and therefore less attendance if you demote (and vice versa if you promote). However, individual game attendance will also vary depending on the overall fan survey.

i had mostly 4-4,5 balls, as a champion but roughly 60k more visitor income next season compapared to a runner up season with 4 balls. Going back there to, or compare it to another teams of the league another small difference don't make nearly that much difference and behave nearly the same(maybe 5-10k each game) The same get reported from team who stay in the division, in the second season quite frequently that they get less money with quite comparable survey and don't get close to the value even with a good first season.

The same goes afaik for nearly relegated teams who make a turnaround, vs good team who are demoted.

You realize that the last game is pretty much the only thing that changes between each calculation of the fan survey, right?

sometimes those last game is also a tv and/or a rival game, the result of that don't have the huge impact on the fan support like the last game.(maybe when it is tv and rival togeether, but even then i would rate the effect lower)

This Post:
219104.36 in reply to 219104.35
Date: 6/12/2012 10:32:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i had mostly 4-4,5 balls, as a champion but roughly 60k more visitor income next season compapared to a runner up season with 4 balls. Going back there to, or compare it to another teams of the league another small difference don't make nearly that much difference and behave nearly the same(maybe 5-10k each game) The same get reported from team who stay in the division, in the second season quite frequently that they get less money with quite comparable survey and don't get close to the value even with a good first season.

The same goes afaik for nearly relegated teams who make a turnaround, vs good team who are demoted.

I bet that all those teams have very different amounts of season ticket holders at the start of each season. Again, there are two different effects there. Teams with identical fan surveys will not get the same attendance if one of them has less STH, in most cases.

sometimes those last game is also a tv and/or a rival game, the result of that don't have the huge impact on the fan support like the last game.(maybe when it is tv and rival togeether, but even then i would rate the effect lower)

Maybe, it's been a while. I'd think that there was little difference between having 1 ball in last game, and having 1 ball in TV game, in terms of current attendance.

This Post:
219104.37 in reply to 219104.36
Date: 6/12/2012 10:37:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bet that all those teams have very different amounts of season ticket holders at the start of each season. Again, there are two different effects there. Teams with identical fan surveys will not get the same attendance if one of them has less STH, in most cases.

you win the bet, they usually have much more in there second season in first div, but mnuch less income even with more fans and a good start in the new season which result in an nearly as good last season rating ;) But championship gives you roughly a 10% boost.
And mine sth are quite constant since ages, maybe +/-20 on a 4k basis since the survey get introduced.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 6/12/2012 11:04:00 AM

This Post:
219104.38 in reply to 219104.30
Date: 6/12/2012 5:30:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The Hattrick system is absolutely not better. The BB system has a lot of components that are not ideally balanced and fail to handle certain scenarios very well, while the HT system completely breaks down if you get anywhere near the top leagues.

This Post:
219104.40 in reply to 219104.39
Date: 6/12/2012 8:24:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the amount of home games won should have a larger impact on your attendance than the last game. Being sure to win away games, yet not being concerned with home games (unless they are TV or rival) doesn't seem cool at all.

Advertisement