Australia - III.2 > Season 23

Season 23

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
237516.31 in reply to 237516.30
Date: 3/13/2013 6:26:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm hoping for an easy run in the cup like last season.
was in the final 32 last season, whilst tanking... so that was awesome. :)
but I wont be sacrificing league wins for "maybe" cup wins.

I think if I can manage my training and GS well that I will be a force come finals.
out of position training is a horrible thing to do. :P

This Post:
237516.32 in reply to 237516.31
Date: 3/13/2013 7:01:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Rofl, yeah tell me about it, I have a 6 week ID/IS training period this season I have to fit in some time this season. My guards will be playing more than a few games at C and PF lol.... Likely shouldn't reveal this but if my side has a weakness it's likely IS something which I'll rectify. The idea of having SG dangerous inside(which most rarely have the guards with ID to deal with) can be devastating. I'll be training my defensive skills a bit more this year just to polish off my guards defensive wise along with those inside skills and maybe some handling if pops go well.

This Post:
237516.33 in reply to 237516.32
Date: 3/14/2013 12:42:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am STRONGLY considering tanking to Div 4 and then bouncing back back back back up to the top.
However to do this I would need to sell some players I'm quite fond of to get me down to the salary floor.

I'm going to talk to some people and see what the pros/cons are.

This Post:
237516.34 in reply to 237516.33
Date: 3/14/2013 1:05:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well you could likely do that while still hanging onto those 2 youngsters you have plans for. Still it's just an extra 2 seasons to climb back up if you get relegated. I would imagine you could still tank in a limited way, be competitive and still make 125k+ a week. I got to the finals twice in ths league with a salary less than 125k lol, only recently has there been a few challengers, usually just one team that is head and shoulders above the rest that has one since I've been here. Tanking is geneerally always a better solution long term, would have to be I guess but with the new implementations and more to come no doubt to combat tanking it might not seem so wise. Plus you have to decide if you have the enthusiasm to stick out a couple more years of losing and still have the motivation, I think it would kill my joy of the game. Don't think I'll ever tank(famous last words lol).

This Post:
237516.35 in reply to 237516.34
Date: 3/14/2013 1:29:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Honestly, I like the idea of going back and getting another Trophy, and I never got the Gold Div4 trophy first time around, I was runner up when I promoted :(
I could EASILY stay in div3 longer with a very cheap roster but I'd rather promote at a loss if it came to that :P

I need some time to think about it for sure.

I never thought I'd tank, but I got to Div 2 under funded and spend 3 seasons just existing and only making between $30-$50k profits, I was never going to have enough coin to boost my team in a competitive way.
So I decided to sell my NT rep Gab Wall and tank the 4th season. Had I not have done this, I could have kept just existing in the 4th - 6th positions each season, but that seemed so boring.

This Post:
237516.36 in reply to 237516.35
Date: 3/14/2013 5:39:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I see, I have no idea whats expected in DIV II but I'd assume it's massive jump up from DIV III. This is why I've spent the last few seasons building my balance, stadium and squad so by about this season I was ready to make a charge and be healthy if and when I do promote. I think my stadium is up to scratch, will be hoping for about 3M in the bank and have a squad approaching it's peak with a little more room for improvement being most bar 2 players will still improve with time. Only Flotats and Chardon won't improve much but i don't plan on keeping either if I make DIV II and hope to get a powerhouse C next season and maybe a decent SF though Clarys might just be starting SF depending on the league situation. I know he'd likely get massively outclassed but he's an ideal skillset for my general game plan and actually performs very well for his wage.

This Post:
237516.37 in reply to 237516.36
Date: 3/14/2013 6:51:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Looking at your roster right now.
Only going off their salaries, I would suggest that your PG is good enough to stick around in Div 2, he wont dominate by any means but should keep things going enough.
Elspeth - keep training him and assuming he will have Prod OD and maybe Marv/Wond JS/JR next season he will do well in div 2, again, he wont dominate but he'll be a keeper.Flotats could possibly keep his spot for 1 more season.
Your big men definitely need to be upgraded to $60k + to stop the inside domination you will face in Div2. You will notice that most good Div 2's will have an amazing PG and then BIG PF/C spots. (i'm generalising) this all might change next season when shot blocking comes into play and LI will essentially be less effective.

Right now with the team you have I would expect you to fight to survive relegation in any of the Div 2's.
I know we're competition for each other right now, but if you want my advice on anything, I'm more than happy to help where I can, or direct you to someone who can.

This Post:
237516.38 in reply to 237516.37
Date: 3/14/2013 6:29:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cheers mate, any advice will be greatly appreciated as I'm far from experienced in top flight divisions. If I do promote I'll be looking at getting a defensive powerhouse C next season. ID/Reb and BK will need to be impressive(like 15-16+) so I'd be expecting a wage of around 70-110k, though I might go a 60-80k C and maybe splurge on a SF with around 50k wages. We'll see, things and plans can change dramatically at times so I'll take it as it comes. In all seriousnss though I'll be hoping to have the otential to field a 400-450k roster without losing money. I guess it will depend on results and if I can keep the fans happy.

This Post:
237516.39 in reply to 237516.38
Date: 3/14/2013 9:05:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd suggest before you promote to Div II that you upgrade your arena CONSIDERABLY... 15k + seats.
Max out the court side at 500
and start increasing LT and Bleachers too!

Mono-skilled players don't do so well in DivII either mate.
You're better off having a 80k C that has some outside balance (averages and whatnot) than a 100k C with nothing outside.
you have a thing for balance.
Worry about that when you're getting there.
I'd focus on your arena first and foremost.

This Post:
237516.40 in reply to 237516.39
Date: 3/16/2013 4:59:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do like my bigs to have decent handling(hate turnovers), I loathe signing players with outstanding weakness and have a habit of grabbing more balanced players. Check with the arena at mid season and make a large improvement to capacity then but I'm still far from maxing our the arena at this stage but after doing some research I have to wholeheartedly agree, will need to be much larger to support those wages lol. Just watching this weeks game and my PF has been injured, just praying its not to serious lol.....

This Post:
237516.41 in reply to 237516.1
Date: 3/16/2013 5:27:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sheesh would be nice to hear from some others in the forums, not that I mind reading and chatting with yourself Ranga but I'm sure you agree. More involvement and input would be nice from a couple of others. Sure DIV II(If I even get there) has alot more sociable people lol!

Advertisement