BB Global (English) > B3

B3 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
164600.310 in reply to 164600.305
Date: 1/5/2011 4:11:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I think that could be easily do a first round among the worst teams qualified in BB to eliminate the less competitive teams in the teams and then start the final phase with the best 64 teams in the competition

Maybe, I don't really know. But whatever format the B3 takes, it will always be a grey poupon tournament. It leaves 99.9% of the teams in the world out of any meaningful international competition. Which makes it tough to say this is an international game.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
164600.311 in reply to 164600.307
Date: 1/5/2011 4:15:00 PM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
sorry i just dont see the point why there should be 16k or 8k teams in competition. how many of those are willing to participate? in my country it would make about 130 participants (33% out of 400 managers) and about 50 walkovers in reality.. this wont be fun at all and i dont even say what would be the impact on servers to have extra 8k games in one day (or week?). maybe i havent read whole your suggestion and dont see the point..

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
This Post:
164600.312 in reply to 164600.311
Date: 1/5/2011 4:25:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If only when we started we would've had worldwide international tournament instead of national tournament, then someone at this point would propose national tournaments. The only responses i can imagine in that case "I won't play bot", "even more walkovers", "competing with scrub teams", "money problems", "boring just within your countries (to some at least)", "crappy luck i rank 1 play against rank 2 while bot plays a bot". It would sound worse if it was the other way back in the day and someone now proposed national tournaments, that much i can fairly gurantee.

Last edited by Coach_Gil at 1/5/2011 4:30:42 PM

This Post:
164600.313 in reply to 164600.311
Date: 1/5/2011 4:39:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe i havent read whole your suggestion and dont see the point..

Nah its cool i wrote too much so i assume most skimmed. But like PaperPusher said B3 is grey poupon tournament, the rest of us are the dijon mustard, like the one when Crank Dat Soulja Boy Super Dat Ho with Dijon Mustard instead with... you get the idea (When a male master****s on a blanket and sticks it on a female's back, creating a cape like superman - Urban Dictionary), we are all giant group of creators of dijon mustard stain to hold a cape while others are the grey poupon. Grey Poupons are commonly found in Dijon Mustard in case of you wondering why i brought up dijon mustard and grey poupon is reference to something PaperPusher said earlier.

I see half of this B3 thread expressing desire to expand more teams to participate and how very good teams rank as high as top 20 don't participate... I think its fair to assume most would find it intriguing if they can participate in worldwide competition.

Last edited by Coach_Gil at 1/5/2011 4:44:57 PM

This Post:
164600.314 in reply to 164600.310
Date: 1/5/2011 5:08:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I think that could be easily do a first round among the worst teams qualified in BB to eliminate the less competitive teams in the teams and then start the final phase with the best 64 teams in the competition

Maybe, I don't really know. But whatever format the B3 takes, it will always be a grey poupon tournament. It leaves 99.9% of the teams in the world out of any meaningful international competition. Which makes it tough to say this is an international game.

International event doesn't mean that everyone have to play it
The thing that makes a competition enjoable is the competitivity of the game,not the nationality of the teams I played against

This Post:
164600.315 in reply to 164600.314
Date: 1/5/2011 6:15:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

International event doesn't mean that everyone have to play it
The thing that makes a competition enjoable is the competitivity of the game,not the nationality of the teams I played against

Well, right now you play in no international competition and have no prospects of playing in one. And a system that uses world ranking to qualify would respond to the small fish - big pond issue that you like to bring up every now and then.

As for competition, I do not see how this differs from the current cup system. In fact, if you had some kind of seeding it has the potential to make things even better. Imagine a tournament where the top 256 teams in the tournament are still alive going into the final weeks, instead of maybe the top 25 teams and some lucky teams from small countries who managed to get lucky draws.

Not only that, but it would engage new(ish) users in a much better fashion than the current B3 format does.

This Post:
164600.316 in reply to 164600.311
Date: 1/5/2011 6:22:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
sorry i just dont see the point why there should be 16k or 8k teams in competition. how many of those are willing to participate?

Well, I suspect the vast majority would be willing to participate. Especially if there is a tournament seeding based on world ranking, the tournament results had a large impact on that ranking and if there was cash involved.

As for walkovers, that is a completely different issue entirely and could easily happen in the new B3 format. In fact, there may even be some encouragement to field walkovers as Superfly pointed out.

What is needed there is simply a couple of extra things. First, make it impossible to set a walkover line-up or default line-up. Second, if a walkover is indeed set, simply choose three players at random. This would solve 99.9% of the walkover issues. And for those it did not solve, those teams would go in the 1st or 2nd week of the tournament, anyways.

I rather suspect the issue here is more that you do not want extra Italian or American teams in the tournament, making it harder for you to win. As you know, the vast majority of the "strong" teams in BB do not play in the B3 on a season to season basis.

This Post:
164600.317 in reply to 164600.316
Date: 1/6/2011 4:32:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
while we are ad it again,

A championslegue for al divissions would be easier, you dont get any bots, and everyboddy should ne able to win his own league. So you wil promote to a higher league and as a reward you can enter a league with players from another countrie.
Choosen at random but within the teams strength, so no walkovers possible. Lets say 6 games in two weeks.
This will improve boring offseason, causew well more teams are playing in those weeks and managers will have there European, African, American or whatever kind a cup after their done with the national league.

Than maybe it wise to have a limited amount off foreigeners in your team, if i look around than (also with me) the native players are the underdog and i see rosters filling with non locals.
If you make a statement that there only 3/4 allowed, that will improve the transfervalue of local players rapidly due to the fact people need them and there will be no more tremendous bidding on the others unless there real good.
Maybe that will even up de tranfermarket?

This Post:
164600.318 in reply to 164600.315
Date: 1/6/2011 9:56:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
B3 is a competition among the champions.If you want to insert new users,you couldn't insert these users randomly(world ranking means almost nothing right now)

An idea could be make an arcade mode tournament,without money prizes and injuries(as like NT games and PL) among the team that don't qualify in B3,and the champions of this torunament will earn a spot for the next season's B3.But insert teams with so different strenghts in the same competition as you would do involving so many teams directly in B3 doesn't have mch sense for me,exactly as the actual first rounds of B3

This Post:
164600.320 in reply to 164600.319
Date: 1/6/2011 2:05:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Aussies proved to us that it's possible to have PL well organized.

If you want to "simulate" an international tournament, Superfly Guy's fed is the place to go. And even though it is called Big Boys Banter, he let me in, so in no way should the name discourage anyone from applying to join. ;-)

(that's my shameless plug for the day)

Anyhow, while Superfly's fed and others may be able to demonstrate the fun of being in international games, there is not really anything meaningful about a PL. First, it is only available to supporters (as I mentioned before). Second, there is absolutely nothing on the line (besides pride). I often purposefully play bad tactics or use gamesmanship in my PL games with my league/cup games in mind. And if I need to reload or crunch I really do not consider my PL games, why would I?

Advertisement