BB Global (English) > The Great Micro-nation Debate

The Great Micro-nation Debate

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278268.32 in reply to 278268.28
Date: 4/9/2016 8:15:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As Senegal NT coach, i'm not really "hot" with that idea. Senegal is not a big country but we have a little community with a project.
Personnaly, I think that if we want to reduce the disparity between big nations and micro nations, you should save big potential in each micro-nation's draft (by putting them in the market if they are drafted by bots).
To merge all micro-nations would be a big mistake according to me.
It is great that you have a project holding you together, unfortunately not all countries have that.

In order to assess which global solution would work best we need to know the specifics of each region and country.

Norway for example, had a vibrant community several seasons ago, but the lack of real competition made it stagnant and it became passive. Having big potential bot players released would be nice, but it would not give us a real competitive situation in the league. Div I schedule(or Div II, depending on how micro the nation is) and the tournament consists mostly of a string of games against bot teams. A merge would give us competition, but I am personally against losing national identity. The nordic countries competition have a great competitive spirit between them, and this is a resource that can be played upon in a merger. The option below that was suggested earlier would, in my opinion be the best for the nordic countries.

4. Micro-nations would be grouped together to form new leagues but the teams keep their current flags (as will their draftees). But the group will share a NT and U21 Team, where players with different flags play together as a team. It would be like option 1., national tournaments would improve, but the teams keep their national identity in some way.

It would be nice to know what group constellations BB are thinking about. Looking at number of users, the history of the region and the already known term Scandinavia, this is a possible group. It includes Norway (44 users), Sweden (111 users), Denmark (70 users), Finland/suomi (230 users) and Iceland (11 users), of the current BB countries. The languages are, although possible to understand partly between some of the different countries, not a good idea to merge into one forum. Unless it is a compromise with one Scandinavia forum in english, and subforums/threads in the language of each country.

Knowing approx how many users BB are thinking for the new regions would allow users in those areas to suggest the best constellations for their area.

This Post:
278268.33 in reply to 278268.31
Date: 4/9/2016 8:21:26 AM
Kings XI Punjab
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kings XI Punjab II
Losing National Flag is unacceptable.
You can merge/group nations, but should let teams keep the flag of the country they are from and same should be true for the players. Players from different counties can play for one national team but keeping their flag on their profile. You can give any NEW flag to the country I'll be placed in, I don't care untill I can keep my flag on my team page. National Flag of one's country is one's identity, one's HISTORY.

To: RiP
This Post:
278268.34 in reply to 278268.12
Date: 4/9/2016 8:28:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Merging micronations would be a huge net positive for the BB community. We have too many nations where do to a lack of competition, an established team can just tank and horde a huge sum of money and just stay in DI. This hoarding affects everyone in the economy. Venomous Scorpions did exactly this on their path to B3 championships.

With that being said, the established teams in these micro D1, they want to keep things the way that they are, so they can exploit an economic situation that a vast majority of teams in BB simply cannot do.

I can understand wanting input from the micronations especially in the over the logistics of the merge and how it will effect national teams/u21, language, culture etc. but I hope in the end that the decision on whether or not to merge micros is made by considering the greater good for all BB users not just the small number of micro users.

I would also support any change that would help micronation communities that have already been established stay together and any change that would make it easier for micronation u21/nts to organize and compete.

Last edited by Phyr at 4/9/2016 10:24:24 AM

To: Phyr
This Post:
278268.35 in reply to 278268.34
Date: 4/9/2016 9:02:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

As Senegal U21 Coach, I am not favor of consolidation project .

In IRL , nations do not combine to block the bigs. I don't see why it will happen on BB .

Coming in Senegal, I'm not pretended to beat China or another big nation. For me, this is what is interesting in a nation like Senegal .

Everything is to be done, and we have a great project .

I think it's important for BB to be present in as much nations in the world !

This Post:
278268.36 in reply to 278268.35
Date: 4/9/2016 9:35:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
For me the best thing to do would be to merge the leagues but keep everything else individual to each nation, so micronation leagues work as a 'champions league' where the teams and players keep their flag, NT +u21, original players identities and why not keep micronations cups too to keep identity?

This would keep some identity and community but make the leagues more competitive.

This Post:
278268.39 in reply to 278268.38
Date: 4/9/2016 10:01:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That would be great, anything to keep the identity and community of micronations but also giving them an opportunity for more competition.

This Post:
278268.40 in reply to 278268.1
Date: 4/9/2016 10:54:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you could tell a bit more about possible pairings of nations and a timeframe when the merger could happen, that might be helpful.

If a seeding was based on WR teams on the rise could experience a disadvantege.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
278268.41 in reply to 278268.40
Date: 4/9/2016 11:30:58 AM
Venomous Scorpions
Bartar
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont like play in another league or with another flag ...
if you delete our league , I'll leave the game ...

you must increase users with Advertising . merging is not a true solution .

This Post:
278268.42 in reply to 278268.40
Date: 4/9/2016 11:32:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it would be fair for to keep everyone in the division that they are in when they merge and almost do an inverse of the first couple of seasons of Utopia to redistribute the teams.

Advertisement