BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > NT injuries: do they ever last?

NT injuries: do they ever last?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
39702.32 in reply to 39702.28
Date: 7/22/2008 12:48:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How many are played within the league season. Maybe qualifying games which is 2 games or something. How many games do they play in a league, 80?
How many internationall games do basketball have? As far as i know only the olympics. Which is once every 4 years.

That's 2-320 games. A really small percentage.

are u series??? u dont seem to be very interested in basketballl....;-)

in basketball a lot more internationational games are played then in soccer.

each summer either an european championship or a world championship or olympics!

AND many many qualification and preperation games for each tournament. E.G. the captain of the german national team played more then 200 game with the national team

Last edited by Huzzel at 7/22/2008 12:59:47 PM

This Post:
39702.33 in reply to 39702.30
Date: 7/22/2008 1:22:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know many managers that value their NT over their own team.

I will forward your opinion to the guys who are training Bulgarian NT players in detriment to their own team, they'll appreciate it. And these are just the extreme cases. My advice? Get to know more managers

'By far the easiest way' to solve headache is to chop someone's head off. Hmmm...

Oh please...

This was precisely the logic of your suggestion. So you're right there -- oh, please.

On top of that i could easily find a way to abuse this rule, in order to win the first league, as an NT coach. Not that i'm an NT coach, but you might see people invite a top-notch player from a competitive team in order to try and injure him via NT matches.

Oh please... if you really one of those managers that think knowing your opponents skills will win you your game and that skill attributes drive the game. Then I'll say that Injuring an opponents player is far more devastating than knowing their skills.

I am sure there is a reason why player skills are not visible to all. So yes, I am one of those managers who have a clue how to play the game, it seems.

Once a player is branded an NT player, the manager will receive a handicap. An extra chance of an injury, without any advantages/compensation whatsoever.

Well how does 45-50% increased chance of injury sound to you?

You mean from from a .05 to a .075 chance? Sounds great to me. I won't even go into the fact that your figure is ridiculously overstated.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 7/22/2008 1:23:22 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
39702.34 in reply to 39702.33
Date: 7/22/2008 1:32:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's try to hold off the emotional part guys.

This Post:
39702.35 in reply to 39702.33
Date: 7/22/2008 1:47:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How overstated is it. If you play 50% more games than other players. And the odds are the same that you get an injury. I think you will have 50% more chance of getting an injury. no matter how small the %Injury per game.

I'm not saying that skills doesn't mean anything nor did i say that your inferior or something. I'm just saying that skill doesn't mean all, like most of the managers may think. I'm simply one of those managers who take into account other factors. Doesn't mean i'm a better manager, i simply try and valuate players more than just their skills.

This Post:
39702.36 in reply to 39702.32
Date: 7/22/2008 1:50:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh yes, i just follow NBA. Don't follow much european NBA. That's why i wasn;t really that sure about basketball.

But it's true that people play over hundreds games, but how many league game have they played though. Over thousand i suppose.

Soccer though, most people play between around 10-100. And they probably more than 500 league games and practice matches etc.

This Post:
39702.37 in reply to 39702.35
Date: 7/22/2008 2:12:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How overstated is it. If you play 50% more games than other players. And the odds are the same that you get an injury. I think you will have 50% more chance of getting an injury. no matter how small the %Injury per game.

Well, it is a bit more complicated than that, since injuries depend on getting fouled, and getting fouled likely depends on the amount of minutes played, not the amount of games. But assuming that NT players play between 48 and 80 minutes, the average increase in minutes played is indeed about .55, so I'll take that statement back

Either way, the more important point is that this figure is extremely misleading,since a .500 growth is extremely small if the base value is sufficiently low. I do believe that the risk of getting an injury is, indeed, sufficiently low.

I'm not saying that skills doesn't mean anything nor did i say that your inferior or something. I'm just saying that skill doesn't mean all, like most of the managers may think. I'm simply one of those managers who take into account other factors. Doesn't mean i'm a better manager, i simply try and valuate players more than just their skills.

Please note that this is not HT, where the individual qualities of the player don't matter and the GE uses team ratings to determine the match outcome. BB uses individual qualities to a large degree when determining what happens in a possession. Additionally, BB players have way more meaningful skills.

Therefore, it is quite useful to know whether a SG with a salary of X is a superior defender, a superior shooter, or maybe whether he lacks range or passing. As opposed to that, in HT you can generally infer the level of the primary and most meaningful skill by the salary of the player.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
39702.38 in reply to 39702.37
Date: 7/22/2008 2:16:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I never played HT, so i don't relate to any of the HT terms or way of play.

But i do know that, from personal experience, that some all-round respectable may well outperform a well-round proficient type of player. It's just blame this to hidden factors.

This Post:
39702.39 in reply to 39702.38
Date: 7/22/2008 2:18:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I never played HT, so i don't relate to any of the HT terms or way of play.

Oh well, scratch that part then. It doesn't add much to the argument there anyhow.

But i do know that, from personal experience, that some all-round respectable may well outperform a well-round proficient type of player. It's just blame this to hidden factors.

Interesting. My experience shows that at just about any position there is a combination of 4 proficient skills that is vastly superior to any combination of 8 respectable skills.

I guess we must just agree to disagree on that.

This Post:
39702.40 in reply to 39702.25
Date: 7/22/2008 2:34:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
NT games give experience, that is a fact.

I'm waiting for an answer on the injury front.

Well I have a player (almost ever present) that STILL shows up with not played enough games to give him any rankings.... (2439161)

I am not doubting the experience (as much as I used to!) but the extra must be miniscule to say the least..... but if a player (like above) is not being recognized in the system as having played enough games to get a ranking when he clearly has - does that mean somewhere along the lines he isnt being given any experience?

back onto the thread subject - the no injuries should go hand in hand with no exp or exp + injuries... i'd be up for denying my players the chance to play for their NT but cant ever seeing this getting off the ground...

With so many of the starting players having high random experiences vs recent drafts all starting out very low its hard to see the effect games have on exp...

IF we can figure out a formula which surely doesnt have to be kept a guarded secret (does it?) then we can move towards a solution where the trade off for having a NT player is fair should an injury occur.

This Post:
39702.41 in reply to 39702.39
Date: 7/22/2008 2:46:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ah well, every has their own way of managing. ;)

This Post:
39702.42 in reply to 39702.40
Date: 7/22/2008 6:22:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can add a small piece of evidence from my own roster.

A player of mine has played 2 1/2 seasons for me and 1 1/2 seasond as well for the NT of Mexico. I was in the fortunate situatoion that started with experience level 4 (!) but until some days there was no movement at all. He now is 5.

Advertisement