World Toruneys like B3 for all Levels/League

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
167495.33 in reply to 167495.32
Date: 1/5/2011 1:48:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Paper was suggesting elimination the nationl tourneys,

My reason for that is you cannot add more money into the system. Maybe I am reading you wrong, but your suggestion seems to add more money into the BB economy (maybe a lot more?). Given that the current BB philosophy is to stop inflation, I seriously doubt any idea that adds money into the system would be considered.

Also, the BBs need to consider the burden on the end user. Currently there are about 3 competitive games per week for the average user (counting scrimmages). You add another game and that's four per week. Can the average user handle that?

the more money wouldn't be a problem, because it should fix itself through salary, when this system is working. Also when looking at Transfer prices i think we have a deflation instead of a inflation. I don't see that much problems in this direction. the problem could be more a fair contribution of the income.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/5/2011 1:50:49 PM

This Post:
167495.34 in reply to 167495.33
Date: 1/5/2011 2:03:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

the more money wouldn't be a problem, because it should fix itself through salary, when this system is working. Also when looking at Transfer prices i think we have a deflation instead of a inflation.

I think you are missing the point. The BBs want the market this way. If you follow what they are saying, the market is working exactly as they want it to. That's why the market is still being flooded with FAs.

That's also why: if any money is added to the system, it has to be removed somewhere else.

the problem could be more a fair contribution of the income.

Perhaps, if I can believe your assessment of the market.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
167495.35 in reply to 167495.30
Date: 1/5/2011 2:08:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

something i won't like, because national cups are for me more intresting because it gives me more feedback about my strentgth and more interacting betwen the managers.

You already have a domestic competition. That's what your league games are for.

Don't get me wrong, I would love more games in BB, if feasible. I am just saying that if I had to choose, I would choose an international tournament over a domestic one. You may feel that you get more feedback about your team's strength in the cup. You are in a very competitive country. So when you get a match against a division IV team, you might have something to worry about.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
167495.36 in reply to 167495.34
Date: 1/5/2011 2:14:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i just say that there isn't a inflation, which should mean that player prices raise ;) For me there are more dropping.

And i said the system, should keep itself stable, so more income would generate higher salarys, which draws the money out of the system and remove it again ;)

This Post:
167495.40 in reply to 167495.39
Date: 1/6/2011 3:45:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

lets say, using China as an example (don7t want to pick on Italy all day using them as an example), if the top 1000 teams in China are in a competitoin, then the 1001 best or less teams in their national tourney are not going to really be 'IN' the competition. Sure they might win a few rounds.... but they aren't expecting a crown or anything.

and you believe thats different in international competions, that there aren't favorites? And especilally that they aren't 50% teams who kicked out the first round, with elimination matches ;) Expecting a crown* is also there just for 20-30 teams, or people who are more optimistic then realisitc.

In addition after all the smaller countries invitationals are filled there would still be teams left, and in a very large country they could have a second tourney or 3rd even domestically. With a 9 or 10 round tourney set up you are looking at 500~1000 teams,

As i said this would make it unfair, even in the main attraction the league. Maybe the top 5 teams are in the stronger group most likely flying out of the competion in the first two rounds, where the teams behind them play a tourny with chanches for 6-7 rounds and lot of ties. And you can make the income of the first tourney 4 times higher(especially with the salary approach), so it is double unfair because they got less ties, less competion and in average less money even when they normally should get more(because they are even paying a bit more for their roste).

* especially the crown isn't that meaningful in the end wheen the competion say, i am the best team betwen the 12500 and 13000 best teams in BB, but maybe i am even better then this but i can not play this competion crown.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/6/2011 3:59:10 AM

This Post:
167495.42 in reply to 167495.41
Date: 1/6/2011 6:24:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
fair though is not an argument against a change considering that the current system is not really fairer at all in any way shape or form. Currently you get flat amount REGARDLESS of the type of tourney/country/game. That aint fair at all, it aint even a lotery since which countries yo uare in totally matters. Its like a rigged lottery.

but the initial setup is more then fair, because it is the same for everyone. With your system, some competions would be much more lucrative for teams then others, and the borader would be close.

So the current system will equalize over time, and your system stay unfair ;)

Advertisement