BB Global (English) > Discussion of the BB answers

Discussion of the BB answers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
211108.33 in reply to 211108.32
Date: 2/21/2012 2:28:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fair enough, a cynical answer, but that's how you feel.

But on the actual question, in the past was there a point where they maintained that something was working as designed, and then went back on that?

Cause in your example, Marin's words are the same as what Charles said some time ago, at a time when GE might have been possible. Plus, Charles at least trained his own players up in JR and SB. Presumably he wouldn't have done that had he known there were irreparable game engine issues.

But his training program did prove one thing: JR and SB alone can't help an unmanaged team. :)

And in the case of 5th place better than 4th, that's not a game engine question, and I don't see any particular reason that the current active developers would be unable to address it, if the BBs came to the conclusion that something wasn't working correctly.

This Post:
211108.36 in reply to 211108.34
Date: 2/21/2012 4:05:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Frankly, Casale's career 3FG % is pretty darn good. He's had a couple seasons less in the 30% range, where his GS appeared to be horribly mismanaged, but he's also had many seasons with 3FG% >40%. Now, is he worth the 270K salary? That's a question for each manager to answer. But just because a 20+JS/18JR guy is expensive doesn't say anything that JR is not useful at other skill levels.

As for Homanyouni, it's hard to say how well his 18 SB really affected things, since there's nothing in each game stat line that does a great job of reflecting his defensive contribution. And it's possible that SB might have a different contribution in different defensive tactics.

Yeah, so their transfer histories show they have been sold a lot by their teams. But we already know that most BB users don't value JR and SB. So that doesn't really add anything.

I do agree that there is a rational reason for why most managers don't value JR and SB: because the game stats for each match don't really point to either skill being obviously important. The 3FG% and the blocks per 48 min that we can see don't appear worth it compared to the cost of each skill. I get that. So I'm not saying that people are being dumb for undervaluing these skills.

It just seems to me that when the developers of the game reiterate that these are important/useful, and that they are having effects that are not reported by the box score, then it might be worthwhile to pay attention, and experiment with other builds. You don't have to make that choice of course.

This Post:
211108.37 in reply to 211108.36
Date: 2/21/2012 7:03:57 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you.. The answers were more like something you would see in a Presidential Debate...All I heard(read) was..."We are working on this and that", "Change is a coming", " New stuff is on the way". To me it sounded very meaningless. I will group Marin's answers with UFOs and Ghost..I will believe it when I see it.
Funny story from my childhood....
I woke up and asked my dad to take me to the toy store. He said we will go on the 1st.. I thought ..Great!! That is in six days. So when the 1st rolled around I was all excited and asked my dad, "When are we going"? He said THE 1ST...I said, "Well, today is the 1st, Let's go....He said NO,NO...The 1st as in the 1st chance I get!!!! The moral of the story is this..He really was never going to take me to the toy store but by telling me something made me leave him alone for a week, just like what the BBs have done...And when season 20 rolls around and nothing has changed we will get the same sweet talk all over again.
BTW..started 2-0 and lost a tough road game on Saturday and what do I get...a 3000 drop in attendance last night. (20130-17100)..Yikes..I wonder when they are going to fix this?....maybe on the 1st I guess.

This Post:
211108.38 in reply to 211108.36
Date: 2/21/2012 7:11:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why aren't BB answers easily accessible ? They are buried in the middle of the pinned thread. This normal thread is buried in the middle of Global and will soon disappear from the first page.

A post where I was simply asking for that, pinning up BB answers, was removed again without warning or explanation.
I find it offensive by now and BB, you have lost me as a paying supporter which I congratulate you on because it's quite a feat you've achieved here.

This Post:
211108.41 in reply to 211108.40
Date: 2/22/2012 4:19:03 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Dude....That is something that really happened to me 30 years ago...it was cool to see the link. To see it brought back some memories..

This Post:
211108.42 in reply to 211108.39
Date: 2/22/2012 9:49:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It really makes no difference what the BBs do with the money the get from this game. It is incredibly rude and immature of you to insinuate that they are using the funds inappropriately. It is their business, they can do what they like. I could care less about being a GM. As a human being I find your comments on this topic reprehensible. Your conspiracy theories and The-game-is-against-me rants are comical, but accusing people of things like this is beyond rational. Never have any of the developers said this game was a non-profit. Why do you think they should feel obligated to " answer questions about their finances?"

People leave games of this type all the time. It is a measure of what a great diversion this game is that so many people have stayed for so long.

As far as the answers given, you all crack me up. What has been answered is no different than what has been answered from these same questions since the beginning. If you all thought that suddenly the BBs were going to open up the gates to the kingdom, I have some property available just south of New Orleans for sale. I do agree that not a lot of feedback was given regarding the small nation situation, but perhaps the BBs feel that since the number of People affected is a small percentage of their entire community that it is not as big an issue as the twelve people who complain about it regularly do. Or maybe they are just zipping around Tahiti in their ferraris...

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 2/22/2012 12:11:40 PM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
211108.43 in reply to 211108.42
Date: 2/22/2012 10:47:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

As far as the answers given, you all crack me up. What has been answered is no different than what has been answered from these same questions since the beginning. If you all thought that suddenly the BBs were going to open up the gates to the kingdom, I have some property available just south of New Orleans for sale. I do agree that not a lot of feedback was given regarding the small nation situation, but perhaps the BBs feel that since the number of People affected is a small percentage of their entire community that it is not as big an issue as the twelve people who complain about it regularly do. Or maybe they are just zipping around Tahiti in their ferraris...

On the past i remember BB-Charles and others BB's talking about things of the game engine&skills in a wide way, but never saying how it works.

We can't blame BB-Marin, he is working on many different things, but i think we all were expectating something significant.

If we ask for information about new features or their opinion about new changes, it think we all expect a more extended answer apart from saying:

''We are working on new features''

''We are discussing it''

If not, i don't know the sense of this thread, if the staff decides to run this thread they have to act in consequence.

About the finances, as a supporter i think i could be interested to know if the game have benefits or loss, it's a common thing.
Also i have to remember you that despite of BB's never talk about finances, they always put the example that the money they have earned it's far from the money invested.

Anyway as i said, we can't blame BB-Marin, but it's logic that lot of people is disappointed with the answers given.

Last edited by Marot at 2/22/2012 10:49:39 AM

Advertisement