Suggestions > Fan survey expected features

Fan survey expected features

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
212406.34 in reply to 212406.32
Date: 3/30/2012 6:13:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It would be rather fun to see how many teams that actually do use their good players in scrimmage games. I guess we would be way down at 0.0... something percent.
Not relevant. When a rule changes teams need to adjust.
Like when adding the 3Pt line, the 24 seconds, etc.

The scrimmage is for maintaining GS and getting an extra training opportunity. I cant see why ever this would need to have influence on my fans.
Because, and as I've prove with the Barca-LA game, it does.
You want to have a shorter (quatliy) roster? You will need to pay for that...

I guess the LAL game that is mentioned so much in this thread is an extreme case that is hard to find a comparison to. There is a pretty fierce debate about what continent has the best basket and this game probably was taken as a pointer by the spanish fans. If they had lost it would probably just have been a fun exhibition game.
Totally irrelevant.
The fact is that this was a scrimmage game that has affect on fan base.

As I wrote few times:
1) Any game has affect on fan base.
2) Winning a better team has bigger positive affect.
3) Losing to a lesser team has smaller negative affect.

4) Scrimmage games have smaller affect than a real-game, but it does have affect.

Users that tries to make their BB-managing easier need to pay for that.

This Post:
212406.35 in reply to 212406.33
Date: 3/31/2012 12:36:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lol. You are a funny guy ,Pini. You can never admit that you are wrong. You will continue to argue no matter what. So I'll play along. So you are saying that fans should care about meaningless games? You use one example where only 1 side kind of cared about the result and you think that proves your point. Had Barca lost that game to LA it would have no effect on whether Barca supporters attending other matches. Barca beating the Lakers only made some Barca fans happy and most Laker fans did not know the game was even played and did not care about the result. Winning or lsoing scrimmages do not matter at all, that should be obvious. In Buzzerbeater,they only are to manage GS or get training minutes. C'mon now....

Check the Suggestions they are important
This Post:
212406.38 in reply to 212406.37
Date: 4/1/2012 4:21:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, nothing new on the suggestion forum.
And no more hope on my side that it will change (and I will leave that sentence stand and speak for its own).

Summary;
1) After users argue that the scrimmage have never had any affect on fan base, we got a definite response by another user proving that this is not true (and I'm using the nice words for what it really was, as it always is).

2) Then the argue changed to "that is the only case".
This is not the ONLY case, but the most known and recent one who gives the right picture for the topic.

3) That argue had also included a claim that the described fan base affect had happen due to the fact that a (supposedly) weaker team won a (supposedly) stronger team.
This is exactly another point I've brought on this suggestion thread:
A) Fans will be much more affected of a win (any win) when it is achieved against a stronger one.
B) Fans will be much more affected of a loss (on any game) when it is achieved against a weaker one.

4) "The primary purpose of a scrimmage is to give your team an extra day of training and experience."
And this is a tryout to interpret the game manual to: "The scrimmages has no affect on fan base".
Well, Primary is not Only, and current state is exactly what suggestion forum was set in order of changing and improving.

Message deleted

This Post:
212406.41 in reply to 212406.32
Date: 4/2/2012 3:41:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It would be rather fun to see how many teams that actually do use their good players in scrimmage games. I guess we would be way down at 0.0... something percent.

Sadly I think you are wrong about this one. First the majority of theams reside way down in division V or lower in the mega nations. Most of these managers have no idea what they are doing and there are too many of them to help. If they are like a lot of noobs in Australia they constantly wreck the game shape of their players by playing them three games a wek thinking they are getting a benefit, winning, more training minutes (90 gotta be better than 48 right?) and more experience.

Then there are the times you are training three decent players so one has to play 48+ in the scrimmage to get his minutes.

Finally about twice a season in Australia we have some sort of scrimmage challenge. Usually during the all star week, the last week of the season, or less popular the first week of the new season. For example there was a scrimmage war between Australia and NZ where teams sent out their best in the scrimmage to do battle for their nation. There are also sometimes friends that like to scrim at these times. These matter.

As fas as anything Pini said, it is wrong. I support the Melbourne Tigers and I not only don't care if they won their scrimmages I don't even know if they did, who they played against or even if they had any. The exceptional case of a game against a team like the LA Lakers would hype up the team for sure but do we want to reward teams who can organise scrimmages against BCtooroo, Sharman Globetrooters and Venemous Scorpions?