Help - English > Creating Dirk Nowitki

Creating Dirk Nowitki (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
198807.35 in reply to 198807.32
Date: 10/19/2011 11:24:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My main thing is this, with Two Position Training you can get 6 Players up to 70-80% of what One Position Training would give 3 guys. So not as fast, but not slow. Guards do benefit froms certain Big Skills and Bigs do benefit from certain Guard Skills, so swapping them during the Scrimmage for a 48 Minute (for the most out of position players) Game and then working the more well rounded players in as Back Ups in the trained Position can get me 6 players really close to or actually at 48 Minutes played a week, barring Foul Outs and Injuries.

You should instead consider having 5 guys that you consider real trainees and a sixth guy that can soak up the extra minutes if any exist. One of the benefits of the two position route is that it is quite possible to not have to play any of your players 48 minutes in a single game, but the only way to get six guys full training is to play every one of them a full 48.

But what you definitely should do is pick exactly five guys if you're going to do this, and have them be trainees, and then everyone else should be more of the cheap veteran add-on types. What you never, ever want to do is have a roster with 9 or 10 high potential young guys spread out over every position, since you're squandering their value.

The hope is that if One Position Training is to net 14 Pops (on average) for 3 players (42 Pops) then maybe my method can produce 10 pops for 6 players (60 Pops) thus improving the TEAM more over the first full season of training that I get. Even if I can only produce 8 Pops each, that is still 48 Pops.

That's a fine way of looking at it. And in the USA at least, you can definitely 2-position train guys that can help you survive in a IV league when you do promote.

This Post:
198807.36 in reply to 198807.34
Date: 10/19/2011 2:50:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The guy who owned Dado Beštija is from my league, just the opposite conference. He's not from D.IV, he's from D.II, that is a huge difference. And yes, very bad training plan got him where it got him; he indefatigably trained JR, which I don't recommend, the same way I don't recommend having JS higher than JR+3.

My player against his high defence (I think it's 18) shot 0-12, I think, but it wasn't Dado's night as well, my player is only 13 in OD -- Dado scored only four in 35 or so minutes. Yes, my guy has respectable rebounding, which, I agree, boosts up the salary, and that is all of his inside skills. No IS, no ID, no BS, only rebounding, and that is enough for me. I plan on never training his inside skills! And this is enough for me, I'm not aiming for the National Team, because that's nonsense, having a player that would be used only by your National Team coach (who is a bastard). I was talking about Dado's example, from a wonderful talent he grew into a useless player. Training should be easy, none of the players should fluff up like a bottle brush (R. Kipling)

--Yes, you can get three 5k players on your team and win the championship. But can you compete later in D.III without spending a lot?-- Yes, you can. I got promoted from D.III and I only had this trainee, who was 19 at the time, an older 25k SG, and an older 26k center whom I bought before the Play-offs. But after the promotion, you must enhance your team on all positions, which I did to remain in D.II.

Edit: If your guy is Dean Pholh, or something like that, he has 3.4 rebounds per game, which is more than 2.8 from my player. He must have some good rebounding too.

Last edited by LaCross at 10/19/2011 2:54:04 PM

This Post:
198807.37 in reply to 198807.36
Date: 10/19/2011 4:06:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
--Yes, you can get three 5k players on your team and win the championship. But can you compete later in D.III without spending a lot?-- Yes, you can. I got promoted from D.III and I only had this trainee, who was 19 at the time, an older 25k SG, and an older 26k center whom I bought before the Play-offs. But after the promotion, you must enhance your team on all positions, which I did to remain in D.II.

That's what I'm talking about...if you promote out of USA D.V with 5k guys and end up in D.IV, you have to enhance your team with a lot of good players. And for that, you have to have some money.

Edit: If your guy is Dean Pholh, or something like that, he has 3.4 rebounds per game, which is more than 2.8 from my player. He must have some good rebounding too.

I was talking about Polh, yes. I don't know if ball falls into his hands or what, but he's pretty good with Pitiful (2) rebounding. However, most of the season I didn't have good rebounders, so maybe that's why.

This Post:
198807.38 in reply to 198807.37
Date: 10/20/2011 10:55:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

That's what I'm talking about...if you promote out of USA D.V with 5k guys and end up in D.IV, you have to enhance your team with a lot of good players. And for that, you have to have some money.

You don't need a lot of huge players to survive in IV, though, in the USA. You do need to have enough money to get some decent veterans at the non-training positions, though.

This Post:
198807.39 in reply to 198807.38
Date: 10/20/2011 12:21:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You don't need a lot of huge players to survive in IV, though, in the USA. You do need to have enough money to get some decent veterans at the non-training positions, though.

Yes, that's the problem - non training positions. Those who are training outside players can get big men for cheap. Those who train big men though...good outside players are quite expensive for a D.IV team. Especially because if you are training outside players, you need two inside ones. However if you train inside players, you need three outside ones...unless you put a PF on SF position.

This Post:
198807.40 in reply to 198807.9
Date: 10/21/2011 2:12:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Starting to train players who are already 21 won't go very fast. Like has been mentioned.. if you really want to train a player then get an nice 18 yr old with good potential and do mostly one position training. You are in D.V and there should be no reason that you can't promote within the next season or two. And once you get to D.IV your current players will be horrible even if you "train" them as you planned. Your best bet would be to buy players some players, since you should be able to get way better players that what you have for a reasonable price. Trust us.. We've all been down in the lower division and if you want to get to higher divisions where there is actually competition, then your current players won't help much.

This Post:
198807.41 in reply to 198807.7
Date: 4/20/2023 9:26:45 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
By the way there is no single position training for PF, only for C.

Are you sure?

This Post:
198807.43 in reply to 198807.41
Date: 4/20/2023 9:54:52 AM
Laguna Buko Mixers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Laguna Bay Mantarays
Just to let you know, you are the 41st poster here in the Dirk Nowitzki thread :)

This Post:
198807.44 in reply to 198807.43
Date: 4/20/2023 8:44:38 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
They ended it at 40 in anticipation of him coming a decade later

To: HAHA
This Post:
198807.45 in reply to 198807.41
Date: 4/21/2023 4:23:48 AM
BC "EDI"
LBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
I stumble upon a thread I've never seen before. 41 replies, my god.

It's more than a decade old and I realise - the necromancer has done it again

Advertisement