Suggestions > Remove Injuries

Remove Injuries (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
215737.35 in reply to 215737.34
Date: 5/8/2012 2:27:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Similar but different, particularly as some players are more prone to fouls and if you investigate that as a buyer then you assume the risk. Fouls effect every game. Injuries might only happen once every 10 games, or, suddenly twice in a game 3 of the finals.

Again, that's not what im suggesting and effects the game in a much different, more fundamental way.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
215737.36 in reply to 215737.35
Date: 5/8/2012 2:48:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But there are players that are more prone to injuries than others. Should you not try to get rid of those players in order to minimize the injuries? Perhaps adding injury history to players would be cool.
And thanks for giving me a superhero name!

Last edited by Kukoc at 5/8/2012 2:48:49 PM

This Post:
215737.37 in reply to 215737.35
Date: 5/8/2012 2:49:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the suggestion, as given, is wrong, but I agree that there is something in that.

I think on a different, and more realistic, proposal.
Currently during season, I guess they are taking mainly the last X (3-4 I guess) games, and the current game into one formula of randmoness.
Hopefully, they are also taking the level of effort (TIE, REG or CT) as well.

I think that for the playoff, a different method should be taken.
First, taking into consideration the total minutes played this season (will also affect the phenomenon of buying best players of a team just before playoff time).
Not taking into consideration the current game minutes (but taking the effort as well).
Using a different randomness formula, as during playoff, usually there are less injuries, as teams' coaches usually taking more care for getting to that crucial moment as fit as possible. [although there are accidence - Rose... Davis... etc.]

Last edited by Pini פיני at 5/8/2012 2:50:21 PM

This Post:
215737.38 in reply to 215737.37
Date: 5/8/2012 3:25:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In general, my favorite games are PL and B3 games as all the other annoyances that ruin the GE experience (the single largest reason Im still playing) are removed. There's none of the effort posturing, worries about minutes or training, injuries sticking past the game (maybe thats a better suggestion, no injuries beyond the game?) etc.

Last edited by brian at 5/8/2012 3:25:43 PM

This Post:
215737.39 in reply to 215737.38
Date: 5/8/2012 3:45:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In general, my favorite games are PL and B3 games as all the other annoyances that ruin the GE experience (the single largest reason Im still playing) are removed. There's none of the effort posturing, worries about minutes or training, injuries sticking past the game (maybe thats a better suggestion, no injuries beyond the game?) etc.

Let me remind all, that this game is BB-managing.
To remove managing of enthusiasm, training minutes, injuries, etc., means you are not playing BB-managing.
It is more playing a game like NBA-2012, or something like that.
This is a largest essence of the game, and hence should NOT be removed.

I think that there are few things that the Founders had expected to happen, but the users are taking the shortcut, which ususally works.
Examples?
1) They all developing their players the same, and sure that any other way means a more expensive player or a worse player.
Due to that...
2) They are all using the same tactics and complaying that the others are not valid for the game.
Due to that, they added the random secondaries training...
3) Building a team with up to five starters with no real backup close to ve equal in quality to the starters.
I agree that losing Rose is very hard, but rare.
But losing Hamilton or Boozer, for example, is something that the team could face with.

Summary - taking the shorycut costs!
As it is still the way things are being played here, it means that more extreme measures needs to be taken for making it less affordable.

This Post:
215737.40 in reply to 215737.39
Date: 5/8/2012 4:22:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I'm not suggesting these be removed, but when I quit buzzerbeater it will not be due to the enjoyment of following games on the GE. It will be the wear and boredom of all the other quirks. Not complaining, nothing stays exciting forever. A lot of these things were part of the enjoyment for sometime. Injuries, on the other hand, have always been a drag even if my team wasn't hurt negatively by them.

I always want to beat my opponent without any excuses. Hate to win a game based on injuries.

Don't have to tell me that, i tanked for 3 seasons and am training SF's. I couldn't be taking a longer road than the current one.

Last edited by brian at 5/8/2012 4:24:44 PM

This Post:
215737.41 in reply to 215737.40
Date: 5/8/2012 4:31:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I'm not suggesting these be removed, but when I quit buzzerbeater it will not be due to the enjoyment of following games on the GE. It will be the wear and boredom of all the other quirks. Not complaining, nothing stays exciting forever. A lot of these things were part of the enjoyment for sometime. Injuries, on the other hand, have always been a drag even if my team wasn't hurt negatively by them.

I always want to beat my opponent without any excuses. Hate to win a game based on injuries.
This is another issue, and a known problem.
The game on higher division is much less interesting, due to the fact that training is much less important.
The draft is basicaly non-issue.
Even, the tactics for a game is less important.
The main and almost the only important point is when one joined the game, as each season a team is expected to pile assets, and not getting worse...

Don't have to tell me that, i tanked for 3 seasons and am training SF's. I couldn't be taking a longer road than the current one.
Tanking is a way of taking a shortcut.
I can only hope that the developers took care of that, and although during the season it looks like you are losing less, it affect you enough for the following seasons where you will earn much less.

Practically, I believe it is not really handled...

This Post:
215737.42 in reply to 215737.40
Date: 5/8/2012 5:32:25 PM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I think a case can be made both ways....In general I would be opposed to such a thing because of the trying simulate real basketball aspect of this...However, when you factor in that in BB it's a real-time game, that uses minutes as a way to manage GS and training, it certainly does seem like injuries are kind of pointless and just a way to piss us off and take away from the fun of the game.

This Post:
215737.43 in reply to 215737.38
Date: 5/8/2012 7:53:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(maybe thats a better suggestion, no injuries beyond the game?).

I like this version, still some risk and a purpose for doctors but unless it happens during the wrong game multiple times you're team won't be crippled

Last edited by Chekreyes at 5/8/2012 7:54:22 PM

Advertisement