BB Global (English) > the future of bb

the future of bb

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
215754.37 in reply to 215754.18
Date: 5/9/2012 5:57:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But at the same time, I have sacrificed wins for training with the concomitant loss in income. That may not be cost-effective.

This Post:
215754.38 in reply to 215754.32
Date: 5/9/2012 11:19:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think BB should be a plurality of games, game player can win ticket sales, trading, training to earn money, the current market more and more depressed, everyone on the market expectation is lower and lower, it is a dangerous signal.Now is not a small profit, but not to earn money。I wish I were an enterprising person, so I was at a very low wages to play, maybe it made more.I don't want to give up the game to earn money, very simple.
In China, native players' prices are high, not just for you, so it is for our own.Chinese BB game player has a lot of exchanges, everyone are familiar with market price ,they look like the trade master .This is not unique to China, many other game players are such。

This Post:
215754.41 in reply to 215754.40
Date: 5/9/2012 2:58:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can.

This Post:
215754.42 in reply to 215754.40
Date: 5/9/2012 3:24:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well of course you can't get a 5k Superstar with well-rounded abilities for 50k right after a draft. Unless you are lucky, which happens from time to time. But to get a 4k Superstar with one deficiency - say, Inept Rebounding or Jump shot - is really easy and with training you can easily correct that, especially with elastic effect.

Look at this player from my friend for example: (23055333): If he wasn't from such a big country, he would most certainly be invited to his U21 team. He's being dismissed by Polish scouts for now, but I'm sure he can make it to the bench with Proficient GS from time to time.

He was bought for 1k.

This Post:
215754.43 in reply to 215754.41
Date: 5/9/2012 3:58:30 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright, I’ll give my secrets away, you don’t have to twist my arm. As if I have secrets and you can’t all read my minds.

Here’s what I see a lot of teams do, and it’s how I’ve done things most of the last dozen or so seasons, and maybe it’s not a lot of teams but just mine, but really what am I talking about?, this is what I typically do:

Most of the time, of my 5 core starters:
- 2 of them were either drafted by my team or picked up as a fresh draftee from the TL and trained entirely by me.
- 2 of them were picked off the TL just as they were leaving their peak trainable ages (usually 23 or 24 years old), but still received enough training from me for about 2 or 4 pops.
- 1 of them was picked up off the TL as a veteran and I never trained them.

Of these core players, the players I totally trained cost me scouting points (let’s call it a $80k value per draftee I don’t fire right away) or in the $25-80k range depending on skills/potential, the younger TL pick ups are usually in the $500k-1million range, and the veterans are usually in the $100-250k range. When I was in USA D.II, I maybe had a more of the pricier players, and the TL costs were higher then so I spent more, but I still always had at least core starters I trained entirely myself. Oh, and my bench is usually mostly my draftees but with typically 2 key back-ups that I buy off the TL, but those players are always going be high-value buys since I won’t splurge on a bench I can train myself.

The point is, and I know you’re wondering what my point is, is that it is my opinion that the game works. I have managed to train and use the TL adequately and I’m not going to complain that the system is unfair since everybody else in my league is playing by the exact same rules. If somebody really like training, then go an train a lot. If somebody only like to wheel and deal and craft a roster this way, go for it. My personal approach is based on my attempt to manage the resources that I have. Since I’m given an opportunity to add value to my team through training and younger players train faster than older players, then resource management wisdom indicates that any training minute not spent on a young player is not fully harvested, so it makes sense to take advantage of this and not waste it. I also understand that the training minutes are limited, and there is limited economic value added to players that are trained (especially when the TL market is a little bloated, so I need to spend cash on other teams’ training resources (i.e. buy their players off of the TL since I can’t train all of my players effectively, only some of them). The balance of my roster shifts over time as I adjust to the changing environment, but everybody else also has to make the same adjustments. The advantage goes to the managers who are ahead of the curve, but eventually the mob tends to catch up. If you can microanalyze the market and develop a keen sense of its fluctuations, that can help you manage your team and give you an edge.

[CONTINUED...]

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
215754.44 in reply to 215754.43
Date: 5/9/2012 3:59:02 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
[...CONTINUED]

In short (actually, this is not short), I have seen this game evolve. I won a D.III league many seasons back with only two players with a $20k+ salary. I’m back in a D.III and most teams now have $20k players coming off the bench! It’s a different BB world, but I still enjoy the challenge of it. If you don’t want a challenge, I suggest playing one-on-one against your little sister (unless your sister happens to be a really good player…). We have a lot of posters who are good at making market observations and saying that something doesn’t seem to be fair. Au contraire. (That’s French.) If you can make those observations, you should be able to survive and thrive here against other players who don’t have the same insights as you but are playing with the same exact rules. If you think people are overbidding for prospect, well, duh, don’t join the bidding war. Spend the cash scouting instead (I did that last season and got a real gem of a pick at #5). If you think that certain players are too expensive on the TL, well then hunt for a player that slips through the cracks and then sell him later on for a profit. If you think there are too many players and that’s making them cheap, so go out and buy them yourself and don’t spend anything on the draft.

Anyway, they’re calling me to go back to the room. I hate the room, but it’s not as bad as not in the room.

[edit: typos]

Last edited by chihorn at 5/9/2012 7:37:32 PM

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
215754.45 in reply to 215754.44
Date: 5/9/2012 4:40:26 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I've seen only the first post but it's clear that the only way to earn money is to have a good draft; how can you do that? Nobody knows

Second option, sell everything and have a new life at the Barbados ;)

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et

To: ned
This Post:
215754.46 in reply to 215754.45
Date: 5/9/2012 6:46:25 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Or Tank.............whic I don't like, makes the game less competitive........

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!