Suggestions > Contracts instead of Transfers

Contracts instead of Transfers

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
219996.38 in reply to 219996.37
Date: 6/16/2012 12:37:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In a contract system, I agree, you have to resign the player at end of training at whatever market is, so maybe not as much reward for proper training versus lazy training. There should be an advantage to being the current holder of contract, such that like I said you get an extra 24 hours after everyone else to match the best offer. I was thinking beat it, but maybe an option to just match. So whatever anyone else bid you have the option to just match it (this is how works in some real leagues too, depending on contract type) hence the idea to have restricted free agents....
There are a few minor problems with this, but it's an awesome idea!

This Post:
219996.39 in reply to 219996.37
Date: 6/16/2012 11:13:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the correction, I did mean it's hard to train multiskilled players.
In this case people would not bid salaries up to high etc. on good players since they know they can't win auction if current owner plans to keep~ this means you get cheaper for any player you train probably. That means bidding starts at a minimum that player is willing to accept to play for anyone.
This is the biggest flaw of proposed system. You can not bring salary negotiations into an online game. You can not have different salarys on players, depending on the strenght of the club hireing, his wife liking the schools there, his nationality etc. This would create a hectic system. I can not understand how you get more realism, by creating contracts, that end next season at the same time they were signed. Contracts can be signed at any moment, but they always end at the end of the season (unless it's a 10 day or temp contract within the season). This obviously would create crappy, must be online now offseasons, additionally it would create a problem with the servers and processing the offseason.
What would the transfer list look like? I see all players contract end times? See only players that have contract ending in 3 days (this is utter bullshit as I know usually contracts end at the end of the season, unless you are canned).
Contracts have clauses in them, as you said, that a higher division club can buy him out. So I can buy out my next cup opponents players?
Cash bonuses being a part of the player signing. So in order to avoid getting scrubs you must maintain yourself a decent weekly income, otherwise there is no way you can keep your players for the next season (contract period). There would be a lot of one season butterfly teams. Save all the money, crank up your "salary cap", try to win, can't sign good players because of no weekly income. Have a middle year and then try again.
I don't see any upside to training in this system. You say you should train players for your own team. It's currently also the best tactic to train your players. Weather to train them from scratch or buy good level player and try to add training to make him great. There is no way a team can train all the players he needs. You get better result in small countrys, as you can easily train 3 players, 1 pos. Lower division create those middle class players, when sold to higher division clubs, will get trained from that point on.
The current system is not flawless, but it's a lot more suitable to an online game, than contract negotiation suggestion.

Last edited by Kukoc at 6/16/2012 1:36:16 PM

This Post:
219996.40 in reply to 219996.39
Date: 6/16/2012 6:28:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some excellent points.

This Post:
219996.42 in reply to 219996.41
Date: 6/17/2012 5:15:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am going to take your #1 and #4 together first.
I am suggesting that- LIKE PRESENTLY the SYSTEM determine a MINIMUM SALARY BASED ON SKILLS> This would not be random, but predetermined on same criteria for all players. IF people want to pay the player more salary, guarantee a longer contract (where salary increases over time starting at that base) signing bonus etc.
You mentioned that there would be min and max before. So using your #4
f yo udon't like signing bonus idea, it coudl be removed. Its an OPTION. The alternative to offering a signing bonus is higher pay or longer contract.
So basically whoever offers the max contract first get's the player. You know we can not implement more than one season contracts with current training system. Just because I could lock up my trainee for 5 seasons. If he starts at 5000 (have you seen any contract that doubles a player salary annually?), so giving him 10% raise a annualy for example (which is very generous compared to RL), we get a salary of 7320,5 when he is 23yo. He can be 100k+ player after 3 seasons already. Would create a lot of misunderstanding. Salary currently offers you a somewhat idea of the opponents strength.

About the number 2-s :
#2 NO this doesn't similuate completely real world contract.
I don't understand how salary range is better than fixed salary formulae? Currently the transfer list already regulates the different salarys per player/skill level. You might get the exact same skilled player for more or less, depending on the competition currently online/interested/funds available etc. Currently players and clubs are emotionless. They renew player salarys at the start of every season. Everyone get's offered a fair contract according to salary formulae. How is your system better?
In addition ending the contracts in the middle of the seasons with different contract lenghts will create a server heavy system. You will have to recalculate and update the player salarys during the season. How can that help the server load?

About buyouts. Guaranteed contracts are a pankrupcy favored system. If I relegate (yes I know it never happens in Japan unless you want to) I can't get rid of my high salary roster. How is that any good?

What I actually ment by buyouts is clauses that let you join a higher level club when the agreed sum is paid. A lot of contracts have these clauses. That's how I can empty my next cup opponents roster or remove the dangerous players.

If this is too complicated a concept for you, take an accounting course.
It has become clear, that you want a different game all together. Your suggestions are usually poinltess, seldom thought through and you seem to have never developed anything yourself + you like to rant, but do not put the work in to gather the facts (supporter coverage % comes to mind first). Perhaps you should stick to training basketball to girls.

There are ~50k managers in BB, most do not play in the top division, most do not know how to train effectivly.

So again, what is the upside of your proposed system?

This Post:
219996.43 in reply to 219996.42
Date: 6/17/2012 5:35:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Most of what you guys are differing on is a communication thing. Please don't allow your communication difficulties (both of you) lead you to frustration and name calling.

This Post:
219996.45 in reply to 219996.42
Date: 6/17/2012 5:40:21 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
98X16 is 1568 people playing in D1, not counting the D2ers. In the whole BB-World. But I like an idea of multi-season contracts, like the TL would be flooded forever and ever. So there'd be like 70+k people that I can't een look right at their skills? How would look at the TL then? it'll be hard. So I like multi-season contract, especially for the craeted teams, those players that are P.Allstar+ and under 19, these are what another basketball manager game (I play a lot of them this summer; but BB is the best) a denomiative player.........

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
219996.46 in reply to 219996.44
Date: 6/17/2012 10:04:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
and look more at the DMI to get an idea of primaries.
GS has sublevels, so only times you can actually read something out of DMI is at the start of the season and when GS is 9. With different salarys for different skills, you have no certain base values you could pin DMI number on in the future. Makes it really hard for newcomers to understand anything.
I must stress it even more. A lot of my basketball friends have turned down my invitations, because the game already is pretty complex at first sight.

salary more relative to actual production
I think the current system induces you to create multiskilled players, that demand lower salary for higher ingame production. Why would anyone want to bail out 2 skill monster trainers, with most black/blue skills. They already tweaked the training system to be more "multiskill friendly".

basically eliminates renting and daytrading which people have complained about forever and a day, there were flamewar threads about renting and daytrading when I signed up, an issue people had before I even heard of BB.
Wasn't this what economical equilibrium was all about. The free agents and salary tweaks at the start of every season. Now that a lot of the teams are near salary cap. Daytrading is not really a big problem any more. Renting a player might be a problem still, but that's why they should implement GS drop (2 whole levels preferably) on every player transfer.

Last edited by Kukoc at 6/17/2012 10:08:47 AM

Advertisement