BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.373 in reply to 129389.372
Date: 2/15/2010 11:34:22 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Nicely put. I even gave you 5 balls for your reply. I am trying my hardest but a season 7 team going up against a season 3 team..That is like mission impossible. I do give BC Toroos a lot of respect for letting his fellow countrymen battle it out in the cup for a shot at the big time. Even with the loss in income...My new manager of the year...Peace

This Post:
129389.374 in reply to 129389.373
Date: 2/16/2010 8:33:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do give BC Toroos a lot of respect for letting his fellow countrymen battle it out in the cup for a shot at the big time.

I will give him respect no matter what because of all the B3 wins behind him. But I personally would like to see him try to win the final on Thursday.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.375 in reply to 129389.374
Date: 2/16/2010 9:01:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like what Toroos is doing too. He is giving the chance to an other team to participate to BBB. I wish more dynasties like him to follow his example...

This Post:
129389.376 in reply to 129389.373
Date: 2/16/2010 10:05:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nicely put. I even gave you 5 balls for your reply. I am trying my hardest but a season 7 team going up against a season 3 team..That is like mission impossible. I do give BC Toroos a lot of respect for letting his fellow countrymen battle it out in the cup for a shot at the big time. Even with the loss in income...My new manager of the year...Peace

If you are better, eventually you would make it.

You started at season 7 but you started playing in first division, so you had to pay a roster like a V Div Team of Spain or a IV Div Team of Chile while having the incomes of a premium league.

You can manage to have a really violent development curve that Sharman can not afford to. He can't have a much more expensive roster than the one he actually owns. Yes, he has space for devolpment but is limited.

Since there is a cap at the income, teams will eventually balance each other. We can called it a steady growth position were "the amount of talent a team is losing every season is balanced with the amount of talent he es gaining".

Sharman will reach that point but you will continue to improve. And you will improve really fast(like you have been) for the reasons already explained in this thread reagarding small communities/big communities.

What someone like BC Tooro is doing is trying to make that "adjusting time" more fun for others team (having the possibilitie to win the cup and participate on B3 while catching the local giant) and making that adjusting time a little bit faster for some teams.

Last edited by Zero, the Magi. at 2/16/2010 10:08:20 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
129389.378 in reply to 129389.372
Date: 2/16/2010 12:10:45 PM
T_Wolves
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I think our belief is that preventing a past B3 winner from Japan from winning the Japanese cup is more your job than ours.

Personally I think it is a problem of the BB to read this. In a nation where a user can easily win the championship, won the cup and he can easily reach the purpose of the BBB, has the receipts that put it above everything else!
If you are a problem we will never see an exciting championship Japanese and we'll never see a V series in Japan.
I believe that the economic problem is clear, it's up to you to decide whether or not to fix.

Please explain to me your point of view!

Più Ban? Yes, You can
This Post:
129389.379 in reply to 129389.378
Date: 2/16/2010 12:23:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Please explain to me your point of view!
I believe they just did.
we will never see an exciting championship Japanese
Surely there will be. Maybe not today, but it won't take forever either. Norway, for instance, has a turning of the power balance right now. The traditionally strongest team are beeing challenged and beaten by several younger teams. The salaries rise rapidly, but since there still are teams that have low salaries in the bottom spots the tv income and merchandise are limited also for the teams with 500-600k salaries. It is not so impossible to beat the reigning team as many are led to believe. It just takes a little patience and smart/lucky choices. Also, the game has not reached equilibrium yet. Wait and see. It will even out.

This Post:
129389.380 in reply to 129389.378
Date: 2/16/2010 1:10:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I'm not sure if the problem is this big as you think it is. If we take Canada, BC Toroo, as an example (since it has been used a lot already here). We see Canada had ~100 managers at the start of season 3, ~150 at season 6, their current number is at 764 managers. Toroo dominated the (international) scene every single season since season 1.

I think Japan is not the best example to use, since we didn't release the japanese translation yet, which surely limits growth. Translations are one of the most important factors to make a country grow.

Česká Rep. is being dominated by two teams, Hostiva and Frydek, taking nearly all trophies since season 5. Česká Rep. started in season 3 with 0 managers, got around 180 in season 6, and are over 675 now in season 11.

Taiwan is being dominated by a few teams taking all the titles since Taiwan joined the game in season 3. Shang Lan Qiu, won the league in nearly all seasons. They also won the cup 3 times. The other great team is The Tainan Screaming Tainanians winning the cup 4 times and the league once. Then we got a third great team which took the remaining three titles, two leagues and 1 cup; Rain of Pain.
Taiwan started in season 3 with 0 managers, got around 25 in season 5, and are currently at 487 teams. Again, another country that was, and still is, dominated by just a few teams.

Don't get me wrong, I surely don't want to underestimate the problem if there is any, but I couldn't find some good teams (countries) that support your statement this fast.

I think in the very long run it's extremely hard for the top teams in countries to stay ahead of the pursuing pack. Top teams that want to compete in B3 probably make less money than the ones with cheap rosters enough to improve slowly and stay competative in their top league. In the end, the top teams will be caught due to this difference.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 2/16/2010 1:13:10 PM

This Post:
129389.382 in reply to 129389.381
Date: 2/16/2010 1:49:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe the best post on this thread. Seriously. You are showing how a team must act. With long term plan. This game is a really long term one and just like that we will have to face it.

Very very well said. 5 balls from me...

Last edited by JohnnyB at 2/17/2010 1:02:03 AM

Advertisement