BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.378 in reply to 129389.372
Date: 2/16/2010 12:10:45 PM
T_Wolves
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I think our belief is that preventing a past B3 winner from Japan from winning the Japanese cup is more your job than ours.

Personally I think it is a problem of the BB to read this. In a nation where a user can easily win the championship, won the cup and he can easily reach the purpose of the BBB, has the receipts that put it above everything else!
If you are a problem we will never see an exciting championship Japanese and we'll never see a V series in Japan.
I believe that the economic problem is clear, it's up to you to decide whether or not to fix.

Please explain to me your point of view!

Più Ban? Yes, You can
This Post:
129389.379 in reply to 129389.378
Date: 2/16/2010 12:23:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Please explain to me your point of view!
I believe they just did.
we will never see an exciting championship Japanese
Surely there will be. Maybe not today, but it won't take forever either. Norway, for instance, has a turning of the power balance right now. The traditionally strongest team are beeing challenged and beaten by several younger teams. The salaries rise rapidly, but since there still are teams that have low salaries in the bottom spots the tv income and merchandise are limited also for the teams with 500-600k salaries. It is not so impossible to beat the reigning team as many are led to believe. It just takes a little patience and smart/lucky choices. Also, the game has not reached equilibrium yet. Wait and see. It will even out.

This Post:
129389.380 in reply to 129389.378
Date: 2/16/2010 1:10:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I'm not sure if the problem is this big as you think it is. If we take Canada, BC Toroo, as an example (since it has been used a lot already here). We see Canada had ~100 managers at the start of season 3, ~150 at season 6, their current number is at 764 managers. Toroo dominated the (international) scene every single season since season 1.

I think Japan is not the best example to use, since we didn't release the japanese translation yet, which surely limits growth. Translations are one of the most important factors to make a country grow.

Česká Rep. is being dominated by two teams, Hostiva and Frydek, taking nearly all trophies since season 5. Česká Rep. started in season 3 with 0 managers, got around 180 in season 6, and are over 675 now in season 11.

Taiwan is being dominated by a few teams taking all the titles since Taiwan joined the game in season 3. Shang Lan Qiu, won the league in nearly all seasons. They also won the cup 3 times. The other great team is The Tainan Screaming Tainanians winning the cup 4 times and the league once. Then we got a third great team which took the remaining three titles, two leagues and 1 cup; Rain of Pain.
Taiwan started in season 3 with 0 managers, got around 25 in season 5, and are currently at 487 teams. Again, another country that was, and still is, dominated by just a few teams.

Don't get me wrong, I surely don't want to underestimate the problem if there is any, but I couldn't find some good teams (countries) that support your statement this fast.

I think in the very long run it's extremely hard for the top teams in countries to stay ahead of the pursuing pack. Top teams that want to compete in B3 probably make less money than the ones with cheap rosters enough to improve slowly and stay competative in their top league. In the end, the top teams will be caught due to this difference.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 2/16/2010 1:13:10 PM

This Post:
129389.382 in reply to 129389.381
Date: 2/16/2010 1:49:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe the best post on this thread. Seriously. You are showing how a team must act. With long term plan. This game is a really long term one and just like that we will have to face it.

Very very well said. 5 balls from me...

Last edited by JohnnyB at 2/17/2010 1:02:03 AM

This Post:
129389.383 in reply to 129389.374
Date: 2/16/2010 2:57:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do give BC Toroos a lot of respect for letting his fellow countrymen battle it out in the cup for a shot at the big time.

I will give him respect no matter what because of all the B3 wins behind him. But I personally would like to see him try to win the final on Thursday.

And I would have liked to have seen a good semi-final cup match ...

Random Noise has certainly caught up, and by two more seasons, at least half the teams in the league will be there as well.

Last edited by jbmcrock at 2/16/2010 2:58:10 PM

This Post:
129389.384 in reply to 129389.380
Date: 2/16/2010 3:29:09 PM
T_Wolves
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I'm not sure if the problem is this big as you think it is. If we take Canada, BC Toroo, as an example (since it has been used a lot already here). We see Canada had ~100 managers at the start of season 3, ~150 at season 6, their current number is at 764 managers. Toroo dominated the (international) scene every single season since season 1.

I think Japan is not the best example to use, since we didn't release the japanese translation yet, which surely limits growth. Translations are one of the most important factors to make a country grow.

Česká Rep. is being dominated by two teams, Hostiva and Frydek, taking nearly all trophies since season 5. Česká Rep. started in season 3 with 0 managers, got around 180 in season 6, and are over 675 now in season 11.

Taiwan is being dominated by a few teams taking all the titles since Taiwan joined the game in season 3. Shang Lan Qiu, won the league in nearly all seasons. They also won the cup 3 times. The other great team is The Tainan Screaming Tainanians winning the cup 4 times and the league once. Then we got a third great team which took the remaining three titles, two leagues and 1 cup; Rain of Pain.
Taiwan started in season 3 with 0 managers, got around 25 in season 5, and are currently at 487 teams. Again, another country that was, and still is, dominated by just a few teams.

Don't get me wrong, I surely don't want to underestimate the problem if there is any, but I couldn't find some good teams (countries) that support your statement this fast.

I think in the very long run it's extremely hard for the top teams in countries to stay ahead of the pursuing pack. Top teams that want to compete in B3 probably make less money than the ones with cheap rosters enough to improve slowly and stay competative in their top league. In the end, the top teams will be caught due to this difference.

dude, you've answered my doubts. According to me, your data demonstrate my theory.

Watch those nations is still less than 1000 users with 8 or more seasons behind him.
According to you, these are great numbers, according to me, not. It is not possible that in the world only a few nations have all this love for the BB basket.

I would be curious to see the churn rate of those nations and I imagine that you have already calculated. Can you tell me what is?

I think it is a useful data for understanding the mood of a nation.

Thanks

Più Ban? Yes, You can
This Post:
129389.385 in reply to 129389.384
Date: 2/16/2010 3:36:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Watch those nations is still less than 1000 users with 8 or more seasons behind him.
According to you, these are great numbers, according to me, not. It is not possible that in the world only a few nations have all this love for the BB basket.

but this would have more marketing porpose and nothing to do that small countrys have advantage - if this was a break this will exist when they started but at this time the growth was good.

This Post:
129389.386 in reply to 129389.384
Date: 2/16/2010 4:47:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think I must have misread your theory, then. Sorry for that, I thought you mentioned that there can't be growth in very small countries when a few teams dominate the scene. I think the above example demonstrate that theory is wrong.

Currently we've got just a few countries that actually managed to grow with more than 1000 users since season 3. 1000 users isn't a small number, as you suggest. Italia is just ~1000 users above their total in season 5. Spain was at 5419 in season 5, 6474 right now. It's not as easy as you suggest to get 1000 users in a few seasons. I'd say the growth of the quoted countries is pretty huge, you've got to put up realistic numbers and put them into perspective. We got a 55k userbase here, not a 900k one.

I'd say a 500% growth in 5 seasons in Canada, a 375% growth in 5 seasons Česká Rep. and a 2000% growth in Taiwan in 6 season is quite allright. I would be extremely happy if all countries, thus whole BB, grow at this pace.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 2/16/2010 4:57:51 PM

This Post:
129389.387 in reply to 129389.386
Date: 2/16/2010 5:24:12 PM
T_Wolves
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I do not think the% growth is a reliable indicator.

The churn rate is rather to understand what I say.

What is the% of people who after having entered, leave the game after 2 or 3 seasons? (the time to understand the real situation and perspective of his own team)

The churn rate is used as a reliable indicator in all market segments in which services are the main key of the market (eg: telephony). I believe that BB could be a valid indicator.

The% of growth may indicate how many people know the game and not how they appreciate it.

Più Ban? Yes, You can
This Post:
129389.388 in reply to 129389.387
Date: 2/17/2010 6:16:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i believe things have nothing to do with cash as i joined during season 9 just before allstar break and australia has a big community i find that i have probably made more money than teams in small countries check this out and this is in two season basically on transfer list
Total Sales: $ 9 639 200
Total Purchases: $ 9 811 188
thats alot of money and this is my weekly income

Expenses Revenue
Player Salaries: $ 89 531 Attendance: $ 132 234
Staff Salaries: $ 57 822 Merchandise: $ 24 344
Scouting: $ 0 TV Contract: $ 65 624
Total: $ 147 353 Total: $ 222 202
Typical Weekly Net Income: $ 74 849

so you cant do anything if you dont have the mind to do it

Advertisement