Wrong formation/enthusiasm used

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
26712.38 in reply to 26712.37
Date: 9/14/2008 9:22:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
http://www.buzzerbeater.org/BBWeb/boxscore.aspx?MatchID=6331717

Not sure what happened at my recent match. I have been playing for just about 4 weeks and love the game, recently picked up a couple of players. Set a full lineup, as I have done over each of the past games, but it looks like this time I have just three players that played. Picked my 12 player, set starters as Tunjano, Frye, Morrissey, Walter, Bezzolato, backups Salas, Humphrey, Malone, Wichniewicz, and Aquado, with Hansen and Tejera on the bench. The three players who played - 2 were starters and the last one was second string. Obviously impacts not only this game, but also training for this week. Any ideas what happened? I appreciate the help.

This Post:
26712.39 in reply to 26712.38
Date: 9/20/2008 8:12:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Last thursday, in my cup match, (8098032) I've had a problem with my formation.

At first I noticed that 2 players, that I'd selected as backups, was in the starting team. It could be my fault but now when I'm preparing a new formation and I select the former matches option, appear the starting team that I chose not the 5 players that started the match.

My starting five was:

Point Guard: Onesimo Obalde
Shooting Guard: Filipe Cabanas
Small Forward: Giorgio Ragazzi
Power Forward: Stephan Schwaik
Center: Vojislav Vesnic

And the starting five that started the match was different:

Point Guard: Rafael Garostegui
Shooting Guard: Filipe Cabanas
Small Forward: Giorgio Ragazzi
Power Forward: Manolo Villa Fernandez
Center: Vojislav Vesnic

During the match I realized that the two unexpected players: Rafael Garostegui and Manolo Villa Fernandez change the position in the formation:

Rafael Garostegui started as Point Guard and in the minute 35 you can see him playing as Shooting Guard.

Manolo Villa Fernandez started as Power Forward and in the minute 25 you can see him playing as Small Forward.

Both was playing all the time with the symbol that shows the starting five players.

I was playing with the Substitutions mode: depth chart until 4th and my only one injuried player was in the Remaining Roster list so he could not produce an incorrect formation.

Please, contact me if you need more details.

Thanks in advance.

This Post:
26712.40 in reply to 26712.35
Date: 10/1/2008 8:42:15 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
my mistake... I apologise. I failed to notice my player fouled out.

This Post:
26712.41 in reply to 26712.40
Date: 10/5/2008 8:40:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some more info about this bug:

In my last cup game (8118612), my backup player (2222578) played as an starter instead of my trainny (5154566), at the position of SF.

I used: Depth chart until 4th.

My idea was to make my younger player play most of the time, and then during the last quarter let play a much better player and likely win the match.

I think this is the idea of using "depth chart until 4th", isn´t it?

Exactly the same thing happened to me in my last cup match (6027427) of the last season.

So my conclusions are:

- The bug is related to Depth chart until 4th. (at least in my case)
- It happens when a very good player is set as backup of a much worse player.
- Probably not important but both were cup games and in both case I lost the match.

Last edited by Emilio at 10/5/2008 8:43:18 AM

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
26712.42 in reply to 26712.8
Date: 10/6/2008 6:53:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It already happened 5-6 time before last saturday.. but i always believed it was my fault.. now i'm simply sure there is something wrong, probably a bug.

The problem?
In my last match I setted Gerardo Porzionato as rotation PM but he played in the starting 5.
I'm sure he was setted as rotation player since i saved the formation as default when i setted it last saturday.. and if i set the formation for tomorrow match.. i see Porzionato starting from the bench.

So i'm sure now that also the past times it wasn't my fault.

I don't remember now in which matches happened before but he always happened when i set Ambrogi as PM in the starting 5 and not other players.

I don't know if it happens because the difference between the 2 players is so huge or cause Porzionato is a national team player.. but it really needs to be fixed!

Tomorrow i'll try again with Porzionato starting from the bench, simply confirming the default formation.. let's see if it happens for the 6-7th time

This Post:
26712.43 in reply to 26712.42
Date: 10/7/2008 12:16:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tomorrow i'll try again with Porzionato starting from the bench, simply confirming the default formation.. let's see if it happens for the 6-7th time

It happened again....

This Post:
26712.44 in reply to 26712.43
Date: 10/7/2008 6:49:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What orders do you use for your coach? Depth chart until 4th?

This Post:
26712.45 in reply to 26712.44
Date: 10/7/2008 10:47:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well i don't know the exact english denomination but it's the one that give the coach the freedom to choose

Last edited by Dott_Divine at 10/7/2008 10:47:49 PM

This Post:
26712.46 in reply to 26712.45
Date: 10/8/2008 4:45:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In this case, I think the coach have also the option of changing your starters when there is a big difference of quality, so in your case it seems to be the normal behavior (althoug it does not match with the rules). If you want to put one bad player as starter, you should always use "strictly follow my orders" (or something like this).

This Post:
26712.47 in reply to 26712.46
Date: 10/8/2008 7:51:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In this case, I think the coach have also the option of changing your starters when there is a big difference of quality, so in your case it seems to be the normal behavior (althoug it does not match with the rules). If you want to put one bad player as starter, you should always use "strictly follow my orders" (or something like this).

this is probably the reason, but if this is the normal behavior.. it has to be changed :D

I give freedom to my coach during the match.. but I decide the starting players :D If he wants he can change the bad player the first time the match stops.. even after 2 secs, but the bad player has to start the match :)

This Post:
26712.48 in reply to 26712.20
Date: 10/9/2008 12:36:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry if I missed this one, but I didn't see any explanation to this report yet:
I've played "Strictly Follow Depth Chart" in order to get enough minutes for my trainees, BUT -- -- Game engine -- -- put on the floor players that weren't even in the depth chart(???).

There's a new report by a user in Suomi on this subject. This has happened to him before and now he's very sure it's not a mistake on his part.

Here're the details:

In today's scrimmage (8120467) two players who were not selected to the depth chart ((4214570) and (4214573)) played in total 7 minutes as SF. The coach was told to strictly follow the depth chart. No injuries or players thrown out of the game. In any case, there were two "legal picks" for the SF position, so a single injury or foul trouble shouldn't get the coach too confused to follow orders. Yet he plays not 2 or even 3, but 4 different players as SF.

The other team outscored this team by a large margin, so we feel this is simply a case of blowout. However, what puzzles us is whether the coach should be bringing in guys outside the depth chart when he's explicitly told to follow it strictly. Is this an undocumented feature or a bug? If it is the former, can we force the coach to not screw up training minutes by allocating no players outside the depth chart (in case no injuries etc.)?

Advertisement