BB Global (English) > screw level 10 PR

screw level 10 PR

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
38369.38 in reply to 38369.37
Date: 07/19/2008 05:55:27
Overall Posts Rated:
well indeed, but I'm slightly dissapointed to see that the staff is worth in some situation, sometimes you will need this or that one and you will be always capable to hire the one you need

this is pretty unreal and as I know if you wanna do that you can spend more money or patiently look on a staff market (will be implemented), you can get always what you want anytime, that is not good for a game if have an ambition to be a close to the reality

Last edited by Iordanou at 07/19/2008 05:56:12

This Post:
38369.39 in reply to 38369.33
Date: 07/19/2008 06:11:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I actually think that sounds like it is working as it should then. Getting the most expensive PR guy should, according to me, only worth the money for the real top teams (i.e. the best first league winners, not all), otherwise it becomes to easy to choose the optimal strategy (furthermore I think this is also in line with how it works in real life, even thogh salary and quality sometimes have no correlation at all in RL).

Anyway a new staff system is on its way, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

This Post:
38369.40 in reply to 38369.39
Date: 07/19/2008 06:14:50
Overall Posts Rated:
BB-Charles wrote

The available specialties are:

Publicists:
- Big Market, advertising (Bring more fans to the arena for DI/DII teams)
- Medium Market, advertising (Bring more fans to the arena for DIII/DIV teams)
- Small Market, advertising (Bring more fans to the arena for DV+ teams)
- Big Market, growth (Develop the fan base more for DI/DII teams)
- Medium Market, growth (Develop the fan base more for DIII/DIV teams)
- Small market, growth (Develop the fan base more for DV+ teams)

Publicists do all of these things at a rate depending upon their skill level, but a publicist with a given specialty will act as two levels above his rating when performing his best task.

You can hire staff in one of two ways.

1) You can find a headhunter to create custom staff. You can choose both their skill level and their specialty. In return, you will pay a fixed rate which will be set every offseason and will be approximately a 60% premium on what the market rate is (see the second option).
2) Any staff who are fired go onto a transfer list where they can be hired by the highest bidder, disappearing from the game if there are no offers. You bid a weekly salary, and the highest bidder hires the new staff member. All staff will have minimum acceptable weekly salaries, below which they will not accept a job offer. These will be approximately half the headhunter price.

Hiring new staff costs two weeks' wages to release the old staff member. All staff members have a 5% salary increase every five weeks, with a cap somewhere above the "headhunter" number. The headhunter number will be regularly recalculated (probably every offseason) based upon market rates for different types of staff. Staff skills never change otherwise (no add or drop).

Existing staff will continue to stay on your team and drop in skill for as long as you would like to keep them, but when you fire them they will not go into the market. New players will continue to get a shared level-1 staff member who does not increase in wage over time and does not go into the pool when fired.

Last edited by Iordanou at 07/19/2008 06:15:14

This Post:
38369.41 in reply to 38369.39
Date: 07/19/2008 10:22:42
Overall Posts Rated:

this sucks! why indicate his a level 10 guy when he chooses when and where he should work.

you said " (furthermore I think this is also in line with how it works in real life, even thogh salary and quality sometimes have no correlation at all in RL)." what do you mean its not related look at coaches in the nba those with no names or from assistant turn to head coaches onley gets 25- 33% of big name coaches make.

its like this would you hire a junior executive that is newly graduate to head a division of your company or someone with experience. now looking at their resume and interview you can see already a difference in how they answer questions and whether they are confident or not.

another is even though the junior executive poistion in your company lets say commands 10k salary a month for a newly grad would you just give him that high? for the well experience one if in your course of interview and credentials find him more suitable and he can really amaze you that convinces you to try and give him a better salary which you know he can deliver results wouldnt you give that salary.

=================================================

also you said

"Getting the most expensive PR guy should, according to me, only worth the money for the real top teams (i.e. the best first league winners, not all), otherwise it becomes to easy to choose the optimal strategy"

i agree with you on this matter because the top leagues actually get more slices of the pie in regards to exposure and markets they have. but it doesnt excuse them to produce a result wherein you should see quite to your liking or can you say ahh my hire is working.

as i said, if lower leagues have smaller markets then even with a level 10 you should see results but probably not high since your probably working on a small market. even with a lot of ideas and drive if you have reach the ceiling of that market then thats it!

================================================

an example is paul wesphal who was the coach of the phoenix suns, when the suns didnt want his services anymore, he choose to coach a high school team i think and he transform that team from a mediocre to a team that swept their conference.

the school wasnt known that much, but he did his job

but when they reach the nationals or since they qualified for the higher league the first game they lose and wasnt able to advance further

now this is what i mean, its not about guaranteeing anything but show some damn results of hiring someone good at all.

This Post:
38369.42 in reply to 38369.40
Date: 07/19/2008 10:26:41
Overall Posts Rated:
great! an answer already

let me read and digest this

This Post:
38369.43 in reply to 38369.41
Date: 07/19/2008 12:24:02
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this sumarizes your point of view quite good, so I choose to focus on it:
an example is paul wesphal who was the coach of the phoenix suns, when the suns didnt want his services anymore, he choose to coach a high school team i think and he transform that team from a mediocre to a team that swept their conference.

the school wasnt known that much, but he did his job

but when they reach the nationals or since they qualified for the higher league the first game they lose and wasnt able to advance further

now this is what i mean, its not about guaranteeing anything but show some damn results of hiring someone good at all.
If I understood the numbers you put out on your previous example, the PR10 actually showed some results for you, however those results where not good enough to finance his extra salary. I do not see why this should be reasonable.

As an example a swedish first division team, M7 Borås, hired Magic Johnson for a season. Of course this was a few years after his career, because during his hey days the club would have gone in bacruptcy just paying the salary for one day. Anyway, even though he was not even close his best, but still he was better then the competition in the swedish first division.

And how did it end? Well, Borås whent in to bacruptcy, as he turned out to be way too expensive despite adding a lot of publicity not to say increased attendance.

Lesson learned: Not even in the highest divisions (in Sweden) it pays off to have a player that isn't even close to the best available player in the world. The same goes for the most expensive PR guy, doctor, coach, etc. Thus, i think it makes sense that in BB to you have to judge if your team is up to the level where the most expensive guy actully pays off.

This Post:
38369.44 in reply to 38369.43
Date: 07/19/2008 13:48:47
Overall Posts Rated:
a better way to analyze what your saying is this,

the point is magic johnson did his thing that is on the court, whatever happens outside of the basketball court he doesnt or have no responsible to it, meaning his job is to win , make the team turn heads , make a name for the team, make the team notice

those people who needs to put their work together to make the thing a profit didnt exactly did their job rightly, because on the first place they got to analyze how it goes.

they just ask the guy to flew over to them and thats it! its like a prayer " may gad help us " and didnt do the needed amount of work that should be done.

they can give him a contract which the base money is acceptable to him and the others are in terms of bonus or in this case should also allow him to do marketing stuff etc.

he did his job, he did it rightly but those who needs to do other works didnt do their job, so im pointing my team is winning , im the top of my class division i have with me is a level 10 PR guy which is we can say since his level 10 is one of the best and why cant he work with pleasing results

dude! get me clear here, level 10 meaning the best and he does a work of a lower guy! get it straight here. isnt it stupid to hire and pay someone 20k a week and the only thing i see is what! a struggling attendance and merchandise sales that couldnt even hit up! my sales increase is not even 25% of his salary

for i know i was clear with my example on that paul did his job as a nba coach he manage to transform his team of high school nobody's to elite team in their division but just wasnt enough to get to big time.

it sticks to the topic that he was coaching, what he knows from the high level nba game he applied it to this losers to become winners!

now the results are in they swept their division but lose on the qualifying events same as im claiming im not saying my attendance should go up to the cieling and bring teh house down but a slow or gradual increase or decrease and my merchandise sales havent even pick up for 3 weeks wherein it should increase gradually since MY GOD HIS THE PR GUY , he knows marketing and all!!!

also another analogy is actually PR guys working in top division league doesnt have to work so hard, because the team and league itself is already consider a self running marketing team.

so adding a level 10 PR guy to your team is a added boost since he knows the business of how things go, its about maximizing and making ends meet

Last edited by Shoei at 07/19/2008 14:08:45

This Post:
38369.45 in reply to 38369.44
Date: 07/19/2008 14:35:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Wouldn't it be about time to let it go by now?

I mean no offense at all, on contrary! I want to try to help out here.

seriously, to me it looks like you can't sleep anymore at night, constantly cursing your PR manager into hell, or something similar. This game should affect your health to hard.
A little positive stress while watching a game. Sadness when loosing or missing out on a deal, happiness and joy for wins and a buy of a new good talent, it's all part of the game. Being unhappy days and weeks about 1 aspect of the game is not what it was meant for.

If you seriously think that way about this PR manger-thing that's okay, but then fire him and hire a low level one. Don't bother if others spend their money on a thing you find a total waste.
Others should try to convince you who to hire, it's your own free choice, and it also works the other way around.

It's a pitty so few other users rplied here, if only to just give their vision, but maybe they just don't care enough. This discussion is realy prety endless if you ask me.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38369.46 in reply to 38369.45
Date: 07/19/2008 14:49:39
Overall Posts Rated:
the point is the game is new

we need to udnerstand about this

well its not i cant sleep about it! actually this is a way for me to remove my stress from work

i have to get my mind of work at times because its killing me softly

its so funny that some people would even say they earn 6 digits money on merchandise sales when hire level 10 guy

even some would brag about full house on high prices

a lot of this people who would say this things probably are just nothing but losers who brags of things that never happens

its really funny

lastly some people here probably couldnt say much because they probably just got into the idea of checking it and cant say anyting

just the notion of hiring and thats it!

while some who can share didnt share probably didnt want to share it since they feel its an edge so to this people @$$#5&$^#&#. . .

its funny! i dont even hear from bb's and other players couldnt give good answers

im not letting go with this, because i dont have the answer

i know you want to help!

THANKS ILL STILL SEE what happens in coming days

This Post:
38369.47 in reply to 38369.46
Date: 07/19/2008 23:12:22
Overall Posts Rated:
My level 10 PR guy has been great. I thank heaven each morning when I wake up for him and his 50-60 thousand in merchandise he brings in each and every week. And for filling my stadium to 90% every game. The one game after I got blown out he still managed to get an 80% full stadium.

Long Live Level 10 PR men!!!

The point is this: If you are unhappy with the performance of a player, cut him or sell him. If you are unhappy with the performance of a staff member, fire him and get a new one.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
38369.48 in reply to 38369.44
Date: 07/20/2008 02:02:16
Overall Posts Rated:
the point is magic johnson did his thing that is on the court, whatever happens outside of the basketball court he doesnt or have no responsible to it, meaning his job is to win , make the team turn heads , make a name for the team, make the team notice
Not really. his biggest inpact was as a publicity stunt (i.e. PR). I bet you that there is no PR guy in the world that is good enough to make international media broadcast even the shortest parts of swedish league games, i.e. even if he contributed both off and on the fieldsdd he was still not worth his money.
those people who needs to put their work together to make the thing a profit didnt exactly did their job rightly, because on the first place they got to analyze how it goes.

they just ask the guy to flew over to them and thats it! its like a prayer " may gad help us " and didnt do the needed amount of work that should be done.
Its sounds like you know a lot of Borås, or are you just guessing to try to prove a point?
they can give him a contract which the base money is acceptable to him and the others are in terms of bonus or in this case should also allow him to do marketing stuff etc.
Ok, you are just guessing. They did use him for a lot of publicity, but the level of the Swedih first league is simply not high enough to make it work, which is exactly my point.
dude! get me clear here, level 10 meaning the best and he does a work of a lower guy! get it straight here. isnt it stupid to hire and pay someone 20k a week and the only thing i see is what! a struggling attendance and merchandise sales that couldnt even hit up! my sales increase is not even 25% of his salary
Yes, if that's what you see it is stupid, and you should then take this wisdom to hire someone that is more valuble for your team. The great thing with this, if you have done your analysis right is that you will suddenly have an advantage on those that just hire a PR10 without calculating.

Finally, I think you wastly exagerate what a RL PR guy can do, even though he "knows marketing and all". Not even the best of the best would make Borås a profitable team, even though they where playing in swedens first division.

Relax mate, and be happy that you thnk you have found out something that will give you an in game advantage over your oponents.

Advertisement