BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Growing BB (Referrals)

Growing BB (Referrals)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
67615.38 in reply to 67615.35
Date: 1/8/2009 6:38:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think as Superfly mentioned, it would be good to allow you the ability to challenge other managers to games. They could work like PL games in that it does not affect your economy/players. Maybe have them play on Sundays and Mondays. It would give more game action for players.

This Post:
67615.39 in reply to 67615.38
Date: 1/8/2009 8:29:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think as Superfly mentioned, it would be good to allow you the ability to challenge other managers to games. They could work like PL games in that it does not affect your economy/players. Maybe have them play on Sundays and Mondays. It would give more game action for players.

Well Im holding off setting up a new PL for 16 top teams in the hope that HCA will be eradicated.. if not then some of us will get a bum draw and we will have to wait another 17 weeks or so to be involved again in something similar.

An arcade challenge mode would IMO attract and retain the masses. When you play any game you want to pick up and play. To just sign in see a mate/rival online and offer a change for him to slug it out (only question is how long to process the game) there is no better incentive to keep wanting to log back in again and again...

This Post:
67615.40 in reply to 67615.39
Date: 1/9/2009 2:44:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i have read your posts, but I dont really understand... We already have 3 games a week, the third game being a cup game or a scrimmage and the option (supporter only which in my opinion should stay like that because that is the biggest bonus you get for being a supporter) to play in a PL. Do you want non supporters to be able to play in a PL too? Are you suggesting there should be even more games in a week? 4 is already more than enough I reckon for most players...

I think more games will be overkill.

This Post:
67615.41 in reply to 67615.40
Date: 1/9/2009 3:14:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it's just an arcade style of game, it's no problem. You can then actually compare you team against other teams, or maybe against your brother. At first when i joined the game i thought scrimmages were suppose to act like a real scrimmage, but it's a actually pretty much a filler game to get your minutes right. Or a Chase Flag game. You really can't compete in scrimmage, because people will just file in scrubs to get their minutes. Sure, you can do this with a private league too, but the point is to get people to like the game first, make them stay, and then make them a supporter.

4 games per week is only more than enough for players when they count as official games. I think people wouldn't complain about the B3 if it was an arcade type of play.

Last edited by Legen...Riceball...Dary! at 1/9/2009 3:16:42 AM

This Post:
67615.42 in reply to 67615.41
Date: 1/9/2009 3:37:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so you would suggest to allow people instead off playing in a private league (which is on friday) to allow to set up 1 arcade game a week so they can play against friends etc??

This Post:
67615.43 in reply to 67615.40
Date: 1/9/2009 3:39:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am taking the idea from FML.

I dont want more competitive games - this is set and i think a sensible amount for the average user - but if you ask the question why sign into buzzerbeater there are only few answers.

Set orders for match/training/draft
Check training results (now for me!)
Watch own match (set times 3-4x per week) or watch International match (once a week)
Buy a transfer listed player. Random

I am saying it would be nice to have the facility to play a game against anyone at full strength at anytime, anywhere (played out maybe much faster) to give a massive imcentive to play the game more often outside of the pre-set times we all tend to be online.

Who doesnt want to pit their wits against someone from another country or play against old players you used to have on your own roster.
At the moment we are limited to PL games if you are lucky and successful a BB3 game or 2.

But as i might be taking the idea from a game that isnt completely comparable and this is an idea I want to see - maybe it is not the direction that BB wants to take and maybe I am in the minority.

This Post:
67615.44 in reply to 67615.41
Date: 1/9/2009 3:48:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think what can also help,

im anger because of getting friendly games, im sad i give 10-20 request every week but no one wants to play with me, i even posted and still no one gave me request .

the more i angry because GM give warning to me saying i cant post more but he doesnt understand what im feeling. how do i make my players be good when 48 minutes cant even get.

wy not give 2 options, one is for team to choose a team they want to fight but also another option to let the game help us find opponent. i already wasted 4-5 weeks training for my players because only 1-2 players get it. this way got for us weak teams.

because getting opponent to fight for you needs good interest for people to want to play you!
==================================================

This Post:
67615.45 in reply to 67615.43
Date: 1/9/2009 3:54:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can see that there could be an alternative to PL games and allow people to play 1 arcade style game a week.

I am sorry, and people will try to argue whether it makes a difference or not, I think it does and it is MY OPINION!!!! don't need to hear whether I am right or not :) or hear about 500 exceptions to the rule. I am giving my opinion thinking about general situation...

but I think that allowing people to play unlimited games would cause a problem for the BB developers. The games need to be run on hardware, allowing anyone to play at anytime, would need ALOT more resources that need to be paid for secondly they would need to reprogram all the servers etc to make it possible to set up these extra games. Alot off extra work and most people will want it that aren't even a supporter and aren't paying.

Secondly, it would give you a chance to play many different tactics, and many different players in different positions etc. This is nice for the people that have plenty off time, but gives an unfair adventage towards players that have a lot off time. (I would have the time or make the time, so I am not talking for myself, but the game should stay fair)

Last edited by Astragoth at 1/9/2009 3:55:50 AM

This Post:
67615.47 in reply to 67615.44
Date: 1/9/2009 4:20:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can challenge me next time. I'll play you ;) I think you might even have a stronger team than me judging from your players salary.

This Post:
67615.48 in reply to 67615.46
Date: 1/9/2009 4:21:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hope this is an open discussion and I am allowed to ask a question. I am not critisizing your ideas...

with regards to auto scrimmage: this would mean that you for example would invite me for a scrimmage and without me accepting it, it would automatically be accepted? whether I want to play against you or not? (this is the way how I read it) Maybe I wouldn't want to play the team that sets up the scrimmage against me, but want to play my newly recruited buddies.

Secondly it might be very highly unlikely, but there might be a team or 2 out there that in order not to mess up their training for a certain week, they might not even want to play a scrimmage.

A scrimmage databank like hattrick is using would be nice. Where you sign up to have the system find a scrimmage for you.

also myself, you and several other people have mentioned a buzzerbeater lineup assistant would be good... (whether it is an internal or external tool)

Most off your ideas I totally agree with.

Last edited by Astragoth at 1/9/2009 4:27:14 AM

Advertisement