BB Global (English) > General discussion about BB

General discussion about BB

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
226711.39 in reply to 226711.31
Date: 9/11/2012 1:42:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
SB give your player chance to Block a shoot, not to stop the opponent during the game and playing better defense.

True, but what else besides ID stops player getting shot? My opinion is high OD for pf/c pozition. Atleast in low levels div 3 and div 4 i noticed that teams, which runs LI distributes the ball to bigs way less often against me than other teams. Maybe since LI is somewhat fast paced offense OD prevents enemies bigs to drive to the paint and get good shot oportunity? That would explain why OD defending LI for guards is so neccesarily. Cause it prevents guards for passing ball to centers? what if both Guards would prevent passing and bigs would prevent driving?:D

I think the engine mainly runs pick and roll. So what happens when bigs cant defend it? Pick and roll rules lol, so LI rules the world.

Last edited by Gajus Julijus Cezaris at 9/11/2012 1:56:04 AM

This Post:
226711.44 in reply to 226711.43
Date: 9/11/2012 2:54:24 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Thanks. So it seems there are something to do, small things maybe but if BBs want to get fresh air to the game they have to improve some aspects. In these posts there are discussions about SB related to the tactic and the economy (salary), I've already told you my opinion about SB but in general we have 10 TEN different offensive tactics to choice and the 99% of the teams are playing with LI, we can say 100% of the teams play with LI or run&gun so what about the other tactics? For defense it's the same, I never seen a top teams play full court press or box and one. Why? Dunno but there are only two alternatives, not more. 1) the other tactics are not well set up 2) we don't understand how to create a team for these tactics
First case we can't do anything, in the second case it would be great to have less mysterious and BBs should help us to understand how build a team. This is not for win but for fun. I can imagine this game if we could use all the tactics available, it should be great. My opinion is that there is a big difference among all the tactics and probably still too much random.

The draft is another aspect that nobody cares but when I see a 18yo sold for 2 millions I think that the team had a BIG luck not that was a nice manager, that's the point.

Let's go

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
226711.46 in reply to 226711.19
Date: 9/11/2012 4:36:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you rather have a player with IS 19 and SB 7, or a player with IS 12 and SB 14? Its an easy choice I think.

The problem is the bigger picture. You are evaluating SB through adding it on a LI center which is wrong in my opinion. One thing is certain: you can't play and defend LI at the same time on highest level of playing unless you are ready to cope with 350k PF and C.

I know that on the other hand, making a great shoblocking C without added IS, but with good JS and PA for outside tactics sucks because outside tactics playing is suicide against today's OD. I still think though that with careful roster building, you could play Motion/Patient and beat the LI teams.

This Post:
226711.47 in reply to 226711.35
Date: 9/11/2012 7:02:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But anyway 2-3 should give you more power to stop the LI tactic, I think you'll agree too.

I can't say that. If you play 2-3 defence you lose too much outside defence. Then PG and SG plays bigger role. They often tend to score most points for opponent team (even with high FG%). It rather means that guards are lack of ID/SB/OD.

@ned - The reason why managers don't use other defensive tactics is the same as why we use LI in the offense. We have no other players in the market to play different than LI/mtm.

This Post:
226711.48 in reply to 226711.46
Date: 9/11/2012 10:13:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
outside tactics playing is suicide against today's OD.
Perhaps in 6 seasons some might say playing LI against that day's ID+SB would be suicide :P

I've never tried, probably never will, but I wonder if a team with 3 perimeter players with 23+ JS 16+ JR and no more than 12 OD (why OD when rarely someone would attack you from outside) combined with 19 ID 17 SB, 10 IS (RB 15?) Centers would do damage against today's LI based teams.

This Post:
226711.49 in reply to 226711.48
Date: 9/11/2012 2:23:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually I think JS and JR level is not the problem. OD is preventing a player from shooting and passing, but the cure is Handling. Also OD affects Passing less than JS and especially JR. So players with great HA, PA and shooting could be good against high OD. Of course some would say "I don't want to have two Joe Bronsons with 300k salary in my team"! But everyone forgets 300k centers are widely accepted nowadays. Also as you said, it would be enough if you lower one or two skills on each position - JR on PG, a bit of OD and PA on SG and even less OD and PA on SF.

Advertisement