BB Global (English) > 20K points

20K points

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
265170.39 in reply to 265170.38
Date: 1/8/2015 9:15:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I completely agree. However, use the same logic you applied in your last comment and apply it to the second last. You'll find out that all you can apply all the arguments to the current system as well and maybe more.

Point 1 you made:
a team play all three players in one thrown game
I was trying to explain that the situation would not be worse than today where you have to train every game out of position because the same regime must be applied to all trainees. All you have said in your last comment applies equally to the current system as well. As I was trying to argue, on average teams would be a bit more competitve in the new system than they are today.

I would expect that at the middle to higher levels, there'd be even more incidence of teams completely throwing a game per week - which is common enough as it is in the middle levels for teams contemplating Cup runs. If throwing a single game would also allow you to train three players a full 48 minutes as well, it would simply add additional incentive for that. But of course, that's just as much speculation as the thought that it would improve competitiveness so we can just leave it as a difference of opinion.

This Post:
265170.40 in reply to 265170.39
Date: 1/9/2015 5:07:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just plainly reject the notion that throwing a league game by playing 3 trainees out of position simultaneously is a reasonable option or makes things worse compared to what they are now.

People will have the possibility to juggle training having substantially more flexibility (i.e. you can alternate out of position training and best position training when needed because what you do with one trainee does not affect the other trainees). If anything, I'd think people would try and give training in the cup/scrimmage game, which are less important, but even then it would come at the risk that they can't be sure to give enough minutes to the trainees. The problem you're insisting on would also be a concern for the initial 4-5 weeks of competitive cup games at best and many of such games are very unbalanced anyway; after that people would throw scrimmage games not competitive games.

You're happy to criticise the fact you could throw 1 game by playing all your trainees, but you're fine with the current system where you have to potentially throw 2 games to train out of position? And let's be clear that for the rest of the league throwing a game now or in the new system would be exactly the same thing. There is also the impact of additional training flexibility on GS training and the hard-to-create players will still be hard to create.

This Post:
265170.41 in reply to 265170.40
Date: 1/9/2015 7:58:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My last two thoughts on the subject:
1. I reject the notion that you have to throw games to train out of position, and seeing as how I did it, my opinion is pretty resolute.
2. If you can train all three players in one game, it takes away the concept of having to make some compromises; it makes it possible to be your most competitive and still train three unique players with no side effects (other than perhaps bailing out of the Cup early or throwing a league game). The difference is now the teams that already throw games like that will now also be able to get a full week's training to do so. It replaces a meaningful decision (to do training or squeeze a little more productivity out of the roster) with an almost mandatory decision to do both.