Cyprus - I.1 > Still trying for the right combination

Still trying for the right combination

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
116218.4 in reply to 116218.3
Date: 10/21/2009 1:23:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Training all of u r team u will never have a great player period. Just check the salaries of the NT players. You will find out that all they have higher salaries than any of u r players=higher skills. U still dont understand how the game is working, and u r looking that u dont want to learn either. Putting more players playing D inside i could pwn ur big men. For god sake man. Your highest salary is less than 10000. Kerkidis who is my worse big man, according salary calculator (based on the current skills) his salary should be 12000+. How can u compare u r scraps with those players that are constantly getting trained with proper way, not like u.

Steve doesnt chose players based on the age but the SKILLS that they have. Also u have to understand that Steve and Cippis have the skills exactly from every possible NT player.

The only reason that Efstratiadis was on the NT is that he is previous manager has quit the game, so he tried to save 1 talented player. When a team become a bot then all the players are replaced with scraps. Efstratiadis was young that time, by invite him on the NT he could be sold as a free agent.

How a player in general is getting invited to the NT? Its a data base with around 160 players that steve and cippis monitoring there progress WEEKLY. HE IS SENDING AROUND 140 MAILS PER WEEK TO THE MANAGERS THAT HAVE PLAYERS THAT HAVE SOME NT INTEREST asking about there development . Can u imagine how much work is that?? Also some times some seasons we will be able to have those high standards that u r mentioning. What about in that case??

Also what makes u think that u know more than him about the game? Really! What makes u think that those players that u r saying that deserve to be on the NT are better than the current? What makes u think u could do better? based on u r experience? or u r knowledge about the game? From u r statements, u show how little u know.

I thought that where a hope after all what we told u to learn the game but i made a huge mistake. You r bullheaded. Nothing to say more.

Last edited by JohnnyB at 10/21/2009 1:29:14 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
116218.6 in reply to 116218.4
Date: 10/21/2009 11:51:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I never said that I know more than Steve regarding the game. I just wanted him to explain why a player with average skills based on my thinking was in the national team and others were not. And we had an argument on the subject and I was challenged by him to find a better player than the one he had on the NT and I came up with 4. Since I couldnt know their skills I picked them based on their performance week after week and their SALARY. He could ask for their skills since he is the NT manager but he never talked about the subject again. Since you do not know the entire story about me and Steve I would advise you , in life in general, to always listen to both of the stories from both sides and then come up with your conclusions. Furthermore how would you explain the presence in the NT team of Koufaliotis, Kaktos and even keris? Since based on you its all about salary. Koufaliotis earns $3915, Kaktos $4651 and Keris $5080. Even Semeloglou who earns $6379.
I do agree that the salary show how good the skills of a player are. The higher the salary the better the player. But this applies mostly based to the position of the player I believe. For example: if you have a power forward who you always train as a shooting guard or point guard and his rebound is mediocre but his passing is level 10 or more and his handling is 10 or more and generally he has good skills as pg or sg but not as pf or center then his salary doesnt say the whole story. This is my opinion. Maybe I am wrong.
And finally I never said that Steve doesnt do A good job as the NT manager I am just trying to understand some things for the best of my NT. If I believed to be better than Steve I would apply for NT coach which I havent so I dont believe I could do better. I didnt support him not because I dissaproved his work but because of the way he treated me as a coach. ( I know nothing, I dont understand the game etc) basicly the same way you speak. Finally I do not concider myself as bonehead or bullhead or what other stupid words you wish to use. It is not you that have made a HUGE MISTAKE as you claim but it is me that I spend my time speak to people like you.

This Post:
116218.7 in reply to 116218.6
Date: 10/22/2009 7:19:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I never said that I know more than Steve regarding the game. I just wanted him to explain why a player with average skills based on my thinking was in the national team and others were not. And we had an argument on the subject and I was challenged by him to find a better player than the one he had on the NT and I came up with 4.

4 players that were worst than Spetsarias. Now he's going to be a bot (tursun has never logged in) I could write his skills:

Jump Shot: 6 Jump Range: 1
Outside Def.: 7 Handling: 6
Driving: 2 Passing: 3
Inside Shot: 12 Inside Def.: 10
Rebounding: 9 Shot Blocking: 8
Stamina: 1 Free Throw: 2

Experience: 4

As you can see he's better than your inside players. He had many game shape problems (7.2 as medium trend... not the best!) and he couldn't be a starter because of his stamina, so as good inside shooter from the bench he could be usefull.

Since I couldnt know their skills I picked them based on their performance week after week and their SALARY.

Salary is a very little indicator of the real power of a player.

...Furthermore how would you explain the presence in the NT team of Koufaliotis, Kaktos and even keris? Since based on you its all about salary. Koufaliotis earns $3915, Kaktos $4651 and Keris $5080. Even Semeloglou who earns $6379.

I've to free players, because there isn't a good standard of training here in Cyprus. There are only some managers that learn and that have understood how training works, without my advices, so I've to free best players and let them to be bought by some (I hope) good stranger manager, before they go retired for the game and no more recruitable.

I can't dismiss them because I will lose enthusiasm and I can't lose it if I want to stay in the tournament!

They can't play a game for National Team at the moment (may be, after training in 2-3 season they can see U21 NT).

I do agree that the salary show how good the skills of a player are. The higher the salary the better the player. But this applies mostly based to the position of the player I believe. For example: if you have a power forward who you always train as a shooting guard or point guard and his rebound is mediocre but his passing is level 10 or more and his handling is 10 or more and generally he has good skills as pg or sg but not as pf or center then his salary doesnt say the whole story. This is my opinion. Maybe I am wrong.

Salary goes up with the upgrading of main skills for the player, but you can find a huge salary with 17 of rebounding and 8/8 for IS and ID... he's not a good player, even if his salary is like 80k! Only small forwards have "strange" salary because they have to be more "complete" (IS, OD, JS, JR, ID... some pass and rebound).

And finally I never said that Steve doesnt do A good job as the NT manager I am just trying to understand some things for the best of my NT. If I believed to be better than Steve I would apply for NT coach which I havent so I dont believe I could do better. I didnt support him not because I dissaproved his work but because of the way he treated me as a coach. ( I know nothing, I dont understand the game etc) basicly the same way you speak...

Well man... you attacked me many times, before I said to you that your convincements weren't law! You told me that I don't care of NT, you told me that you spend your time in the game as assuming that I don't... your way to speak with me, was many times provocative.

Moreover Yiannis Efstratiadis is on the "waiting room" and he's not be erased from the Data Base. At the end of the season he will be checked and if he's improved he will be monitored every week again (if I'll be re-elected). You've bought him... you haven't trained him... he's gone on the "waiting room". He was dismissed, because we need to free players and on that moment we weren't concerned on "saving enthusiasm"

Last edited by Steve Makis™ at 10/22/2009 7:46:15 AM