Suggestions > Turn off the free agents

Turn off the free agents

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
157193.4 in reply to 157193.3
Date: 9/22/2010 5:25:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The question is how many free agents are sold / how many normal players per week. If the numbre isnt too big, it would not really help and we would really miss some wicked players with 12 DV, 7JS and 13 JR. Well, this isnt a right example, but something like that with role player potential is really helpfull because of theirs salary.

This Post:
157193.5 in reply to 157193.4
Date: 9/22/2010 7:47:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problema about the Fa is that the salary only isn't a reliable parameter to see the quality of the player

It should be insetred other filters based on the skills and on the age to select what players deserve to be freed and what players don't worth enough to retrun on the market

This Post:
157193.6 in reply to 157193.5
Date: 9/22/2010 10:10:25 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Everyone’s going to do their TL scouting in their own way. When I look at a player’s performance, I know I have to take their league into account so I know what sort of competition the player faces. If I’m looking to invest a whole lot of cash on one player, I also look at his team’s roster to see if he’s the go-to-scorer/rebounder/etc., if he plays with a good PG who gets him good passes, etc. I compare his skills with how I know my own players perform with their relative skills (the most objective comparison). There are plenty of over factors, too, to look into. Everyone has their own style, some methodologies are good, some are not-so-good. In the market, there are smart BB managers and there are not-so-smart managers. Some managers are looking at big men, some at small men, some at all players… The market is a big place. The sharpest managers will see the patterns and trends if they are on top the TL. I pointed out the guard training issue above, that’s one thing that affects the market. If everyone in BB reads it and agrees with it and immediately starts to train only guards, the TL will totally change. Even if I don’t start a revolution on my own, many managers may start to train guards on their own anyway once they realize how much harder it is to save up the cash to buy one on the TL. The market will then shift in some way. The market evolves, and it’s really hard to tinker with that. It’s easier to read the market and tinker with the rules of the game. Perhaps training rates for guards will change so that they can train as fast as big men. Perhaps there will be dedicated SF training (not that I want to start kicking that dead horse again). Who knows? But if you really want to get ahead, don’t complain about what you see as unfair market outcomes. Exploit them!

Anybody notice that in the NBA, the lowest average salaries by position is… SF!!! How funny it is that in the real world, the player perceived as the most flexible (often times they are “swing players” either between SF/PF or SF/SG) but maybe not the most masterful at any particular skill are the least paid, sort of like in BB. We could compare other positions relative to the NBA market, too, but let’s save that for another thread…

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
157193.7 in reply to 157193.6
Date: 9/22/2010 11:25:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

What's the conncetion with the FA situation?

This Post:
157193.8 in reply to 157193.7
Date: 9/22/2010 5:42:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think he got carried away :)

To: iwen
This Post:
157193.9 in reply to 157193.8
Date: 9/22/2010 5:54:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well i think the free agents deflating prices so extremly are fantastic

i just bought Shalev Yaacov who was good enough to play in the finals on the Lietuva LBBL and who has been sold multiple times for more than $1,000,000 (1.3 was the top) for $395,000

this is awesome, it means that teams that have worked carefully for years, planned, trained and invested thousands of hours now into the game can be beaten by any punk who starts the game and gets a good original player /draft pick that they can sell

<-sarcasm

This Post:
157193.10 in reply to 157193.9
Date: 10/10/2010 6:12:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Isn't the problem that when lots of people stop playing the game, lots of free-agents are created, while lots of managers are lost?
That means supply goes up, and demand goes down, therefore prices drop. No rocket science there.

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
157193.11 in reply to 157193.10
Date: 10/10/2010 7:49:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thats right, but the problem is that with the huge increase in supply, the prices have dropped so much that at times its not even worth training players anymore.

This Post:
157193.13 in reply to 157193.12
Date: 10/13/2010 3:18:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see it quite simply as two scenarios.

You can buy your way to success.

Or,

You can train your way to success.

Buying your way to success leads to almost instant results, but as a result of this, you tend to end up in a loop where you keep replacing players to maintain competitive as they tend to be older free agents, so you need to buy and sell. As you are more likely to sit close to your salary cap doing this, you make no money. So you remain stagnant and it's hard to improve.

By training, you sacrifice in the short term, but in terms of long term sustainable success, it's much more efficient. Not only will you make more money, but you can continue to improve those player as they hit their peak at 22-23, where they are just as effective as those 28-29 year old free agents. With that extra money you saved when they were 19-20, you can now buy the players you need to help you and your trainees to push for promotion to the top division.

To: iwen
This Post:
157193.14 in reply to 157193.13
Date: 10/13/2010 5:40:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah but the difference is while you train your way to success you used to also win, but now any nub can buy a triple sensational dude that can smack any 1 or 2 year trainee all over the place

you know a very successful coach that sacked his trainer, sold all his trainees, just bought old dudes and trained their stamina and free throws and was much better off

Advertisement