BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > I botched ma' training bro..

I botched ma' training bro..

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
195969.4 in reply to 195969.1
Date: 9/9/2011 8:30:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My cut off is 40 mins. If the training im doing somehow ends up stuffed up for whatever reason, and my player gets more than 40 minutes for taht position, i keep my training as is. Otherwise I switch to something I need. Need being the key word.

Logic being that id rather 40 mins of One position training, than 48 minutes of 2 position training in rebounding, or Jump Shot....... OK so maybe you dont get 0.8 of a pop towards Inside Shot (or whatever it is), you get 0.7 or 0.6 (if he played 40 mins) Id personally rather take training in the skill that you DO want trained, rather than just get some random pop in a skill that doesnt need it.

Depends on circuomstances and skill levels of other skills of course, but thats just my tactic. Especially with older players, whos stats are quite higher already and your looking for that 'specific' skill- pop.

This Post:
195969.5 in reply to 195969.4
Date: 9/15/2011 7:40:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would always try to get 48+ but sometimes when things go wrong in the scrimmage you just have to accept 47. However less than that and I would go to one of the two position trainings JS, 1on1 or RE. You have to do them at some stage anyway. When minutes mess up in your first two games it is easy to fix, but when they mess up in the scrimmage it can be a disaster and it may end up as a stamina/free throw week.

This Post:
195969.6 in reply to 195969.5
Date: 9/15/2011 10:08:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, 1o1 and rebounding etc, i tend to not 'aim' to train these in a season, because i know that at some point my training minutes are going to get fubar'd, and so i can revert back to training one of these two -posi training methods.

BUT, would you really change your training tactic if your trainee only got 46 minutes?

Its probably a personal thing. Even 43-42 minutes im still going to be satisfied. I supposed it depends, if i have stuffed up the training 3 or 4 times that season already, then I would definately accept low 40 min training, as opposed to doing a different training method that i dont really want.
So it depends on the circumstances for me personally.